Attention Smokers Price increase on Cigarettes Monday

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:21 PM
LS7 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
Bingo, Our country was founded on freedom, freedom for all people, it doesn't discriminate. With every freedom we relinquish it becomes easier and easier for the government to take them away. Completely ban smoking and fine, I'll go nuts, but what's next? We drove cars for 60 years without having to wear a seat belt and some of us survived, now it's law.
Are you serious?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

And for all you smokers out there reading this I bought a carton this afternoon and didn't see any price increase.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bingo, Our country was founded on freedom, freedom for all people, it doesn't discriminate. With every freedom we relinquish it becomes easier and easier for the government to take them away. Completely ban smoking and fine, I'll go nuts, but what's next? We drove cars for 60 years without having to wear a seat belt and some of us survived, now it's law.
does it make the cigarette that much better when you smoke it in a bar or a restaurant?

I'm still trying to figure out what's so cool about smoking in a bar?

Addiction for the lose.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Are you serious?
Absolutely, smoking is legal last time I checked.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Texas Director

Elite, since you're so hard core about smoking, and that's your right, can you list the positives of why smoking is a good thing to do? Seriously, what good can come out of it?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmiller
Elite, since you're so hard core about smoking, and that's your right, can you list the positives of why smoking is a good thing to do? Seriously, what good can come out of it?
he looks so cool when he is sucking on that cig
Old 03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
does it make the cigarette that much better when you smoke it in a bar or a restaurant?

I'm still trying to figure out what's so cool about smoking in a bar?

Addiction for the lose.
How many times have you heard, "I only smoke when I drink or am drunk."? Some find it relaxing, not cool.

I am also not sure what the hang up is with being cool and smoking. I never smoked because I thought it was cool. Maybe some did. It was always relaxing to sit down at a bar, light up a cigarette and drink a beer. I didn't roll up to a bar with my hair slicked back with grease, aviators, some tight rolled jeans, and a white tee with my cigs rolled in the arm.

When you finally understand what it's like to be cool, then maybe you'll understand that smoking doesn't make you cool...only you can make you cool.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Never said it had any positive attributes, never. I'm not hard core about smoking, I go to non smoking restaurants and hotels and I put up with it, it's an inconveniece for me and i understand that others don't care for it. I don't smoke around those who don't smoke, I ask first if I can smoke in someones home or car first before i light up but what I am hard core about is my rights as an American citizen. For me it's a rights issue not a smoke or not to smoke issue.
On The Tree

Over 650,000 Direct Jobs and over 1,000,000 In-Direct Jobs. So, Elite is doing his part to ensure those families have jobs.
TECH Regular

Legal, yes. But you can have some respect for others that don't want to inhale second hand smoke.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

I am a smoker and don't care what anyone else thinks about it, if I want to kill myself smoking it's my death. If we continue to legislate everything in this country it will be no better than a communist state. We have to many stupid laws on the books as it is and all they do is waste tax payer monies and tie up the judicial system. Sorry you don't like smoking that's your right just as it's my right to smoke. Why would you send me out in the cold to smoke? Because it makes your cloths stink? Had you orginally gone to a no smoking facility you wouldn't have an areguement now would you.
YOU, SIR , ARE A FU*KING IDIOT!!! It is not that we care if you kill yourself ,it is the second hand smoke that is killing us that we care about.....
Old 03-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Teching In

You should ask the men and women of the military this same question...

Stress comes in many different types and there are many ways people resolve this.

Just think you take away a cigarette from the guy that needs it and he uses a semi auto to kill 40 people - Who is to blame, cigarettes or guns ?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbologics
Just think you take away a cigarette from the guy that needs it and he uses a semi auto to kill 40 people - Who is to blame, cigarettes or guns ?

and this kids is your brain on cigarettes. remember kids, don't do drugs.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:15 PM
LS7 Member

You guys have got to be kidding with some of these arguments...
Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Texas Director

Some of you smoking supporters are clueless and are so absorbed in your habit that you don't seem to care about others who don't smoke who have to smell your nasty habit. Elite, I never accused you of saying that smoking had positive attributes. I just asked you to name one positive attribute about smoking is all. turbologics, what the hell does the military have to do with this discussion?

I'M NOT ADVOCATING TAKING AWAY YOUR CIGARETTES OR YOUR RIGHT TO SMOKE! GOT IT??!! You can smoke your asses off and if you get cancer and die that's your right and your own fault for abusing your body like that. I couldn't care less. Smoke away!However, smoker's nasty habit is offensive to others who don't share your same love for cigarettes. The downside to smoking is the disgusting smell, and people who smoke shouldn't be allowed to pollute an indoor facility, and you won't be doing that in the near future whether you like it or not. Smoking indoors WILL BE a thing of the past and if you want to fire one up you can take yourself outdoors and have a smoke out and not pollute the air inside.

There is a reason that smoking has already been banned in a lot of indoor public places. Why? Because it's been PROVEN that it is bad for your health and causes cancer, so it's a good thing to protect the health of those who don't smoke.Geez, I think the smoke has clouded some of your minds from being respectful and understanding about your disgusting habit.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Cigarettes cause roadside fires - they should ban it while driving too

Last edited by turbologics; 03-09-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: I'll jump on the ban wagon now hahaha
Old 03-09-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Everything has it's price apparantly. IMO smoking should be banned in all restaurants and bars. I went to a bar tonight to watch the UFC and it was absolutely ridiculous how bad the cigarrete smoke was. It's BS that when you leave a bar that your hair and clothes reak of cigarette smoke. The public ban is coming. It can't get here soon enough for the non-smokers. Damn!
Love it since it happened in Illinois Im not going to stop anyone from smoking but alot of business have said that there business has gone up since the ban And I can actually eat in the breakroom at work
Old 03-09-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha I hope that was a joke.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

So is masturbation. Let's start letting people ******* in bars and restaurants.

Last edited by -Ross-; 03-10-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

And for all you smokers out there reading this I bought a carton this afternoon and didn't see any price increase.

thanks for the update. i searched google after i saw the thread and there are no results for cigarette tax increase