Attention Smokers Price increase on Cigarettes Monday

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmiller
FIFY, lol
You failed to understand my point. Why should you or anyone else for that be able to tell someone else how to live? The more we legislate the less freedoms we have, thus my comment about communizism. If we allow the government to controll every aspect of our lives we have lost the basic reasons this country was founded for originaly. Soon they are going to take your guns away, how will that make you feel? The ****'s did the samething just prior to declaring war. Are you going to stand by and watch it happen or will you do anything more than bitch about it? If you don't open your eyes and see it coming it will run over you. You or anyone else has the right to tell me or anyone else how to live.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
You failed to understand my point. Why should you or anyone else for that be able to tell someone else how to live? The more we legislate the less freedoms we have, thus my comment about communizism. If we allow the government to controll every aspect of our lives we have lost the basic reasons this country was founded for originaly. Soon they are going to take your guns away, how will that make you feel? The ****'s did the samething just prior to declaring war. Are you going to stand by and watch it happen or will you do anything more than bitch about it? If you don't open your eyes and see it coming it will run over you. You or anyone else has the right to tell me or anyone else how to live.
are you seriously comparing our government to **** Germany right now...seriously...stretching it much?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

because a big corporation tricked you in to smoking cigarettes and then now has you so addicted you couldn't even quit if you wanted to it means I have to go out and come home smelling like **** with my eyes burning cause some d-bags decided to chain smoke while drinking because one vice isn't enough???

I can't believe you are comparing this to Nazism and Communism. most people with half a brain realize they are better off not smoking. I feel bad for the people who got tricked in to it while young and are now completely addicted. but other people shouldn't have to sacrifice their freedom so smokers can slowly kill themselves, because too many nonsmokers suffer at the expense of smokers.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Sorry, but I don't want to be at a restaurant with my 5 year old inhaling some douche bag's second-hand smoke because he likes to have a few drags after his steak.

Smokers who THINK they have a right to burn one wherever they feel need to get a clue.
That's like me saying I should be able to whip my dick out at Chili's and unload one into your eye. I mean...I like to ********** and who are you to say I can't do that while you are eating your french fries 3 feet away from me?
Lol Ross. That's funny.

How about if I went up to a smoker and farted in his face with the most disgusting gas you've ever smelt and just said, "hey man, deal with it. It's my right to fart in public and you'll just have to smell my gas whether you want to or not".
Old 03-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Texas Director

Elite Hod Rod, come on man. You can't be that delusional. I do get it. Apparantly YOU are the one not getting MY point. I'm not trying to tell you as a smoker how to live your life. What I think is right is that no smoker should have the right to pollute the same air I breathe with the disgusting smell of a cig. You can smoke 15 packs a day for all I care. I just can't wait for the day when smoking is banned INDOORS, but you can still have your nicotine fix if you go OUTSIDE. If you want to pollute the air and your lungs you'll have to do it outside. No one should have to smell that crap!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
I feel bad for the people who got tricked in to it while young and are now completely addicted. but other people shouldn't have to sacrifice their freedom so smokers can slowly kill themselves, because too many nonsmokers suffer at the expense of smokers.
Don't feel bad for us.... Ultimately it was a choice we made to become addicted. Because my parents did it (amongst other reasons), i thought it was okay to do it myself, just as alot of other folks i am sure.

Personally, i love a good steak, and ironically i love masturbating and smoking, but i keep all three separated for health reasons.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by agrv8d
personally, i love a good steak, and ironically i love masturbating and smoking, but i keep all three separated for health reasons.
lol!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default ...

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Its my freedom to kill my lungs if i want to. Its a vice and everybody has one, so dont be retarted by saying the government should raise the prices.
They would not say anything if all the smoke stayed in your body!!!!
How would that be????

Old 03-09-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ha ha, Godwin's!

Time for the thread to be locked.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
because a big corporation tricked you in to smoking cigarettes and then now has you so addicted you couldn't even quit if you wanted to it means I have to go out and come home smelling like **** with my eyes burning cause some d-bags decided to chain smoke while drinking because one vice isn't enough???

I can't believe you are comparing this to Nazism and Communism. most people with half a brain realize they are better off not smoking. I feel bad for the people who got tricked in to it while young and are now completely addicted. but other people shouldn't have to sacrifice their freedom so smokers can slowly kill themselves, because too many nonsmokers suffer at the expense of smokers.
Why do you think/say smokers were tricked into smoking? I wasn't, i accepted the risk when i started smoking. What freedoms have you given up because of smokers?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Launching!

well today is my 3rd day without one... i ran one old lady off the road, flipped off 2 cops and punched my boss in the face.

I think I'm going to make it lol
Old 03-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Why do you think/say smokers were tricked into smoking? I wasn't, i accepted the risk when i started smoking. What freedoms have you given up because of smokers?
the freedoms we have given up because of smokers has been mentioned in almost every post. we give up the right to breathe clean ventilated air while having a drink or getting food. at least if the smoke is outside it has a place to go and its not enclosed.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BT03mach-1
well today is my 3rd day without one... i ran one old lady off the road, flipped off 2 cops and punched my boss in the face.

I think I'm going to make it lol

Keep up the good work man. Add up all the money you will be saving each month and use that as added motivation. The first three days are the hardest so your pretty much past that point!

J
Old 03-09-2009, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
i disagree with this arguement. thats like saying you are required to drink beer at a baseball game or get popcorn at a movie.

and speaking of beer... you might want to go to a bar just because you like the food. you might not even be there to drink. and just because you are in a bar, doesnt mean that o ther people drinking is affecting you. but if people are smoking, you are affected whether you want to be or not. that is the arguement... a non-smoker is still affected by the smoke.

but what you ARE saying, is that if you go to a bar to just drink or for the food, you are also REQUIRED to smoke, whether you want to or not.
That wasn't the point. Those are things that are usually present at those events. You have the choice to attend them and have the choice to participate in what it has to offer. Whether it is food, drinks, or smoking. That is the wonderful thing about being an American. We have the choice to do what we want. I am not going to go to a Heavy Metal concert and expect to listen to Country. If I don't want to listen to Heavy Metal, then maybe I should not go to that concert. There are PLENTY of bars and restaurants that do not have smoking. If you happen to knowingly go to one(which one will know imediately upon entering the establishment), then you made that choice and can endure the consequences.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Silver35thZ
the freedoms we have given up because of smokers has been mentioned in almost every post. we give up the right to breathe clean ventilated air while having a drink or getting food. at least if the smoke is outside it has a place to go and its not enclosed.
Hence the emergence of all the non smoking establishments. I like how you choose your words carefully with "ventilated air", lol. I would assume that you can tell pretty quickly if an establishment you enter is smoking or non smoking, do you enter the business that allows smoking or do you turn around and walk out? Which ever you do is your choice no different than my choosing to smoke. It's my right.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Teching In

You compare masturbation to smoking...... wow

You made a choice to eat in an establishment that allows smoking - Pick an establishment where the owner says no smoking - Freedom and Choice are powerful things

Who is the government to restrict an operator the right to allow smokers in his establishment....

Everyone moans and whines about the government having too much control and than claps there hands when they restrict freedoms.....
Old 03-09-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think non smokers should not have to put up with second hand smoke. I also think that it should be up to the bar if they want to allow smoking in THEIR facility

Smokers should be able to go out and have a couple of drinks in a smoked out bar. Non smokers can go to the bars that do not allow smoking and go home smelling like flowers... and alcohol.

What other point is there to be made?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Juicy J
I think non smokers should not have to put up with second hand smoke. I also think that it should be up to the bar if they want to allow smoking in THEIR facility

Smokers should be able to go out and have a couple of drinks in a smoked out bar.
Exactly - I dont smoke and never have, but do I enjoy going out and drinking even if smokers are around, sure do...

All you guys with kids probably did the same thing when you were growing up, never cared until you had a kid and than lets jump on the ban smoking bandwagon.....
Old 03-09-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I want to add that it makes me cringe that some smokers are saying they want cigarettes to be banned to help them quit. Are you really that helpless? I mean smoking is hard to quit I am sure, but think for yourself. That is just pitiful to be asking for the government to make the choice for you.

Cigarettes are hard to give up. But if you cant quit, you dont want to bad enough.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by turbologics
You compare masturbation to smoking...... wow

You made a choice to eat in an establishment that allows smoking - Pick an establishment where the owner says no smoking - Freedom and Choice are powerful things

Who is the government to restrict an operator the right to allow smokers in his establishment....

Everyone moans and whines about the government having too much control and than claps there hands when they restrict freedoms.....
Bingo, Our country was founded on freedom, freedom for all people, it doesn't discriminate. With every freedom we relinquish it becomes easier and easier for the government to take them away. Completely ban smoking and fine, I'll go nuts, but what's next? We drove cars for 60 years without having to wear a seat belt and some of us survived, now it's law.