New Razors edge with my 2yr...pics inside.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have a completely misunderstanding of temperament in these dogs.

APBT used to be considered the ultimate family dogs until they got in to the wrong hands. They do not have human aggressiveness. You still haven't posted a well proportioned APBT.

a few correctly proportioned APBT, not those mutts you are posting:

Old 03-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
they are fun, smart, super short haired dogs that are hilarious to watch when they are goofing around.

but there are a ton of free ones, no need to pay.
I highly doubt there's a ton but If you can find me a yorkshire terrier puppy(not a yorkie mutt or mix) for free I will personally pay you $$$ money and would be more than gladly to adopt.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

beautiful dogs
Old 03-25-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

you have a completely misunderstanding of temperament in these dogs.

APBT used to be considered the ultimate family dogs until they got in to the wrong hands. They do not have human aggressiveness. You still haven't posted a well proportioned APBT.

]
Good looking dogs. But the hole is what you are saying, APBTS are quite literally a mutt by derivation. From the late 1800s breeders interjected hounds, mastiffs, whippets, etc to make several different lines of what today is consider a Pit. And with the ADBA and AKC, neither have a rule of thumb for standard other than basic geometry in the hips, shoulders, and spine. They can be 20lbs or 110lbs and still be in the same confirmation class. I dont mean to ruffle feather (so to speak) but we can all like different types of these dogs, and they are regarded as APBTs (or Am Staffs) and they are all mutts by the true definition.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Good looking dogs. But the hole is what you are saying, APBTS are quite literally a mutt by derivation. From the late 1800s breeders interjected hounds, mastiffs, whippets, etc to make several different lines of what today is consider a Pit. And with the ADBA and AKC, neither have a rule of thumb for standard other than basic geometry in the hips, shoulders, and spine. They can be 20lbs or 110lbs and still be in the same confirmation class. I dont mean to ruffle feather (so to speak) but we can all like different types of these dogs, and they are regarded as APBTs (or Am Staffs) and they are all mutts by the true definition.
X2.

the breed has gone through so many bloodlines and breeding that there is only 1 true APBT. if you can get your hands on a registered Colby like i did, you'll have the standard of what an APBT should be. i've already had two so i know exactly what i'm talking about. i just CHOSE to go with another bloodline.

i had 2 dogs that were the closest to the original APBT, both were Colbies. i bet 2 slow doesn't even know who John Colby is. he brought the first APBT into the united states. the STANDARD for today's Amstaff/APBT came from Colby's Primo back in the 1930's.

damb dude, get educated before you come in here spilling your garbage and inconsistencies all over a perfect thread.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

and just to better educate 2 slow on his lack of pitbull knowledge, here is a link of what today's "Colby Dogs" look like.

very familiar to the picture of both brown and white dogs i posted. Trouble, my 92lbs Razor's Edge, is from a completely different bloodline. she is definately NOT Colby.

http://www.colbypitbull.com/

Colby Dogs are pretty much one of the last known pure bred pits in the nation.

Last edited by imlooking; 03-25-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

And with the ADBA and AKC, neither have a rule of thumb for standard other than basic geometry in the hips, shoulders, and spine. They can be 20lbs or 110lbs and still be in the same confirmation class.
yes they do. the first APBT Standard was based on Colby's dog named Primo. Colby brought his dogs/breedings from Europe and Ireland. Cobly has been around the nation longer than any other breed in the US.

again, today's standard is based on a Colby Dog

i was very fortunate to ave 2 of my own. great dogs.

http://caninebreeds.bulldoginformati...r-history.html
Old 03-25-2009, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

so lets see a picture of YOUR dog
Old 03-25-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by imlooking
yes they do. the first APBT Standard was based on Colby's dog named Primo. Colby brought his dogs/breedings from Europe and Ireland. Cobly has been around the nation longer than any other breed in the US.

again, today's standard is based on a Colby Dog

i was very fortunate to ave 2 of my own. great dogs.

http://caninebreeds.bulldoginformati...r-history.html

I like your attitude toward the betterment and interest of the breed. But in reality there really isnt a dimensional standard of size nor weight on paper for the breed. NOW, most that you see in confirmation are of this similar shape, as are my females. Its due to common acceptance, not scripting in a rule book.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

I like your attitude toward the betterment and interest of the breed. But in reality there really isnt a dimensional standard of size nor weight on paper for the breed. NOW, most that you see in confirmation are of this similar shape, as are my females. Its due to common acceptance, not scripting in a rule book.
yeah, i don't think any dogs have actual specs on them as far as weight and height.

all i'm saying is that the original standard for the Amstaff/APBT was based on a Colby. i owned 2 Colby dogs and posted pictures of them while 2 Slow tried to tell me they were "unproportioned". then he goes to post a dog with a long snout

how can my Colby's be "unproportioned" if they have been the standard for the Amstaff/APBT for more than 90 years !?!?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

here's the AKC Standard for Amstaff/APBT: http://www.apbtconformation.com/akcstandard.htm

look on the left and it will break down the breed per body part.

they advise that even a massive headed dog is acceptable, ONLY IF it's proportional to the dog's body. if it has a 26" head but the dog weighs less than 60lbs, it's not acceptable per AKC Standards.

if it's 90lbs with a 26" head, wide shoulders and a strong back it IS acceptable per AKC Standards.

so, you're right, there are no "specs" on the dog, it just has to be proportional.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, i don't think any dogs have actual specs on them as far as weight and height.

all i'm saying is that the original standard for the Amstaff/APBT was based on a Colby. i owned 2 Colby dogs and posted pictures of them while 2 Slow tried to tell me they were "unproportioned". then he goes to post a dog with a long snout

how can my Colby's be "unproportioned" if they have been the standard for the Amstaff/APBT for more than 90 years !?!?
the Colby is just what some dude decided to breed.

where's pics of primo?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

almost an identical dog to what I posted, not that short legged "colby" you bought.

here is one with "perfect conformation" of which you are referring to as the standard. nothing like your "colbys"

Old 03-25-2009, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

you seriously have to be a double douche to NOT see the resemblance of my dog and the one you posted. here's another one so you fully understand what a Colby is.

she looks IDENTICAL to the first one you posted in your LAST POST, but thanks for proving the fact that you are clueless about APBTs !!!

dude, c'mon, WTF !?!?!?

Old 03-25-2009, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Colby's primo

http://www.amstaff-world.nl/Colby%27s%20Primo.htm
Old 03-25-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

you seriously have to be a double douche to NOT see the resemblance of my dog and the one you posted. here's another one so you fully understand what a Colby is.

she looks IDENTICAL to the first one you posted in your LAST POST, but thanks for proving the fact that you are clueless about APBTs !!!

dude, c'mon, WTF !?!?!?

better pic, good looking dog
Old 03-25-2009, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

wow, thanks.

she's 8 years old and her name is Nala. i drove up to Oklahoma City back in 2001 to get her. the same guy that gave me Tyson (the brown and white Colby that was getting a bath) had a litter and told he would give me one if i went to OKC to get her.

i happily drove the 9 hours to pick up my dog and drove back the same day. we were both stationed in california and got out at the same time.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Launching!

I hate to rain on yalls parade but the dogs yall are talking about (colby,jeep,maverick,chinamen,gator) But the only one out of those comes closes to confirmation is the maverick dog. Which comes from floyd boudreaux himself. If you have ever been to a true dogmans yard it dont matter how pretty they are. Then yall are fighting about confirmation which is a judges opinion of your dog. If yall would pay attention to what the pedigree means those are not dogs shows that are based on confirmation or looks (rom grch 3x) but how long a dog can last if you get my drift. So unless either one of yall has a couple of rolls under your belt we all have mutts in the eyes of adba. I dont like dog fighting but I have been around alot of big names in the gazette.

I had a chinamen/jeep top and bottom but some sob stole him. So since then I have been getting rescue dogs which to me seems more grateful than most dogs. Buying a 2k dollar dog is foolish but its not my money. I cant stand a bully dog or this razors edge stuff but it sells whatever. If this man loves his dogs like I do it aint right calling his dogs mutts cause he can as well call your dogs curs. so why cant we all get along
Old 03-26-2009, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in the end....its still just a dog, mans best friend, and shouldnt really be judged on the shape of its body parts like yall are gettin all torn up about. if you have a dog that is not proportioned, are you just gonna have it put down or send it to someone else bc it doesnt meet standards? some of you are talkin like the dogs are worthless if they dont match whatever the "perfect" specimen is.

my beagle is fat, and my jack russell terrier is too short. guess they are pieces of **** in the dog world and id better get rid of em!
Old 03-26-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Awsome post of your beautifuls daughter,and of your razors edge...
I try not to post anything on here,because most of the time i get into a huge arguement with people bad mouthing them,that are stupid,and only have knowledge from what they hear on tv... I have been breeding 100% razor edge blue bullies for about 5 years,and i love it... Its now a hobby...

Here is a pic of my personal dog that is a inside dog at my parents custom built home.. He has never caused any problems,and my neibors, will wait on me to bring him out so they can play with him...

Here is the link to the rest of the pics!!!

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...0of%20phantom/

Here is the link to the rest of the pics!!!

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...0of%20phantom/

Quick Reply: New Razors edge with my 2yr...pics inside.