Differential gears installers in Houston?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Differential gears installers in Houston?

Are there any? I went to Pyle Bros way back when but I'd rather stick to Houston proper if at all possible.
I have a Ford 8.8/Gm Hybrid and I've been running 4:10s since 2003. Just wanting to swap to a more Turbo friendly 3:55's.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 03-23-2009, 12:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We can get you taken care of. 713-466-9900 Ask for Pat.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

I called as soon as you sent this. No answer from a person. It went to voice mail. It said press 'x' for this department, 'y' for another or '0' to leave a message. I left a message stating what I wanted. I assume you have caller ID. It's been over 2 hours since I left the msg, no call back. I found another guy that answered the phone right away and he's going to install the the gears. Thanks anyway.
Dave

Originally Posted by GoldRust
We can get you taken care of. 713-466-9900 Ask for Pat.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:38 PM
10 Second Club

Pyle Bros. is the best in town.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:43 PM
8 Sec Tuner

We do gear installs well.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
I called as soon as you sent this. No answer from a person. It went to voice mail. It said press 'x' for this department, 'y' for another or '0' to leave a message. I left a message stating what I wanted. I assume you have caller ID. It's been over 2 hours since I left the msg, no call back. I found another guy that answered the phone right away and he's going to install the the gears. Thanks anyway.
Dave
A PM has been sent to you with a quote!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Dave
I know the smiley face at the end of your post is supposed to mean everything is all good, but with that kind of attitude, the good shops in Houston are better off not having to deal with you.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:27 PM
FormerVendor

David, I have been trying to reach you to give you the status on your parts for tomorrow and it keeps telling me that your number has been disconnected? Please contact me as soon as you can. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

It's that great Verizon service I guess. It's been on, doesn't show any calls. I called your 832 number and got voice mail both times. I responded to the PM you sent. Hey, any of you guys know where I can find some ford 8.8 3.55 gears in Houston tomorrow? New ones of course Is Tommie Vaughn parts open?

Originally Posted by IconAutoSports
David, I have been trying to reach you to give you the status on your parts for tomorrow and it keeps telling me that your number has been disconnected? Please contact me as soon as you can. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

I also need gear install on a 12 bolt in my Camaro. Going from 3.73 to 4.10. Can you quote me a price? I have the gears btw.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Looks like Tommie Vaughn is open from 7am till 3pm tomorrow. I'll be there when they open their doors and if they have the 8.8" 3.55's I buy them and head over to your Shop Mike.

It's that great Verizon service I guess. It's been on, doesn't show any calls. I called your 832 number and got voice mail both times. I responded to the PM you sent. Hey, any of you guys know where I can find some ford 8.8 3.55 gears in Houston tomorrow? New ones of course Is Tommie Vaughn parts open?
Old 03-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Also have 4.10 gears for my truck. possible quote?
Thanks
Old 03-30-2009, 08:31 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GOHOME
I also need gear install on a 12 bolt in my Camaro. Going from 3.73 to 4.10. Can you quote me a price? I have the gears btw.
PM sent!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:32 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cyril268
Also have 4.10 gears for my truck. possible quote?
Thanks
Info on truck please.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

I know a guy that will install gears for $150. Does a great job. PM me for details
Old 03-30-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Default Stay away from Mike/Icon Motorsports...

Don't deal with this guy. He took $330.33 from my account on the 24th of this month, stating he was going to drive to Baytown to pick up the 3.55's from Pyle Bros that evening or the next day and would call me to tell me he had the gears in hand for the install that we both agreed was to occur on this past Sat morning(3/28/09) at 10am. He didn't call at all. I had to call HIM on Friday at 11:30am and asked why he didn't call to let me know he had the gears. He sounded irritated and said he was going that day and would call me when he had them. He never called. I tried to call him at 5:30 but got his voice mail. Then I saw a PM and a response here saying he'd tried to call me over 3 hours to tell me that Pyle Bro's was closed (a Lie. I called Pyle Bros 30 minutes ago and asked if they'd closed early. He checked the time cards and they showed that 2 people were there till 5:17PM waiting on a wrecker to show up) when he got there so he couldn't do the gears on Sat, come back on Monday or some other day. Well, I specifically targeted Sat ONLY because I work 12 hour days in the week and don't have the luxury of coming when ever Mike thinks it's convenient to him. We agreed to Sat. He gave me some song and dance about not being able to call me because my phone was off or disconnected. I'm on 24 hour tech support so my phone is always on and I can produce call records to prove I was calling and receiving calls during the time he said he could't get me. Funny how I can always call Mike and get his voice mail but he can never call me. It's not like he doesn't have my phone number. I sent it in these PMs, this forum and he's got caller ID plus my voice mails. He has yet to respond to me on PM or phone. I told him I wanted credit back for those gears he never picked up. No response. I told him Friday in voice mail, Saturday and again today. No response. I finally had to go to Chase to get the transaction voided. Stay away from Mike. He stains all the good shops out there.

Originally Posted by posz28
I know a guy that will install gears for $150. Does a great job. PM me for details
Old 03-30-2009, 05:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ben R
I know the smiley face at the end of your post is supposed to mean everything is all good, but with that kind of attitude, the good shops in Houston are better off not having to deal with you.
I should have listened to you.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:19 PM
FormerVendor

Don't deal with this guy. He took $330.33 from my account on the 24th of this month, stating he was going to drive to Baytown to pick up the 3.55's from Pyle Bros that evening or the next day and would call me to tell me he had the gears in hand for the install that we both agreed was to occur on this past Sat morning(3/28/09) at 10am. He didn't call at all. I had to call HIM on Friday at 11:30am and asked why he didn't call to let me know he had the gears. He sounded irritated and said he was going that day and would call me when he had them. He never called. I tried to call him at 5:30 but got his voice mail. Then I saw a PM and a response here saying he'd tried to call me over 3 hours to tell me that Pyle Bro's was closed (a Lie. I called Pyle Bros 30 minutes ago and asked if they'd closed early. He checked the time cards and they showed that 2 people were there till 5:17PM waiting on a wrecker to show up) when he got there so he couldn't do the gears on Sat, come back on Monday or some other day. Well, I specifically targeted Sat ONLY because I work 12 hour days in the week and don't have the luxury of coming when ever Mike thinks it's convenient to him. We agreed to Sat. He gave me some song and dance about not being able to call me because my phone was off or disconnected. I'm on 24 hour tech support so my phone is always on and I can produce call records to prove I was calling and receiving calls during the time he said he could't get me. Funny how I can always call Mike and get his voice mail but he can never call me. It's not like he doesn't have my phone number. I sent it in these PMs, this forum and he's got caller ID plus my voice mails. He has yet to respond to me on PM or phone. I told him I wanted credit back for those gears he never picked up. No response. I told him Friday in voice mail, Saturday and again today. No response. I finally had to go to Chase to get the transaction voided. Stay away from Mike. He stains all the good shops out there.

Almost everything you are stating here has been twisted to YOUR convenience. I tried to call you for over a three hour time period on Friday the 27th to talk about our scheduled appointment on Saturday. All I could get was "Sorry, the number you are trying to reach has been disconnected". You have never been to my shop or even seen our phone system yet you are stating that I have caller ID???? That and what you posted complaining about LMR not responding to you within a few hours should show the rest of the members here what type of customer you are and the transactions that you would bring to us are the type that we try to stay away from. You have been refunded and good luck to whoever decides to continue working with you.

Here you go guys, directly from my PM box. Note that this was Friday the 27th at 8:23pm when he finally decided to respond to me after I treid getting a hold of him during the day (Normal business hours):

Mike - my phone has been on (I'm on 'on call' for my client all weekend) but I've foiund sometimes that the Verizon service isn't very good at times. Sat was my only shot. I'm heading back to New York on Next Friday. I was afraid this was going to happen. I've had gears installed at Pyle Bros before and, although they are a compentent shop, they have an attitude problem, in my opinion. The customers schedule is secondary to theirs. I guess if you're good enough to keep busy in spite of that you can pull that off. (I'm talking about Pyle Bros) I should've just ordered the gears overnighted from Jegs/Summit or Tommy Vaughn. If you havn't charged my card for the gears then I guess we're done. If you have then I'll have to see about credit for them. Thanks,
This one shortly after at 8:56PM!:

Looks like Tommie Vaughn is open from 7am till 3pm tomorrow. I'll be there when they open their doors and if they have the 8.8" 3.55's I buy them and head over to your Shop Mike.
He never let us know what happened about this either via PM, email, voicemail etc. We were waiting to see if he got the gear from there. Yet, even after saying this, he sends another PM at 10:06pm FRIDAY NIGHT with this?? :

Mike, I see you did charge me for the gears. I'm going to have to ask for credit for that. If I don't see it by Monday, I'm going to call the Credit card company and dispute it.
OFCOURSE we charged you for the gears as you gave us the approval to do so! Well thanks sir! Im confused! In a previous PM an hour ago (while we were closed) you sent a PM saying you were going to go to Tommy Vaughn to pick up the gears first thing in the morning. Ofcourse I would have given you a refund instantly if you would have done that or much less LET US KNOW! You are trying to conduct business with us via PM at 10PM on a friday night and we dont hear from you on Saturday so Monday morning you immediately go to your bank and dispute the charges for the parts?!? Thanks for giving me a chance! I would have definately charged it back to your card, but that is IMPOSSIBLE over the weekend!

I dont communicate with you guys much at G-Force, LMR, Pavlock, or whoever else im forgetting but please take my advice as to avoid any transactions with this individual if you dont want to be slandered on the forums after trying to help someone out!

Last edited by IconAutoSports; 03-30-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:27 PM
FormerVendor

Ben AKA Ms. Cleo
Old 03-30-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by IconAutoSports
He never let us know what happened about this either via PM, email, voicemail etc. We were waiting to see if he got the gear from there. Yet, even after saying this, he sends another PM at 10:06pm FRIDAY NIGHT with this??
Mike - Don't you find it odd that the phone you called successfully 2 times today was the same number you claim you called for 3 hours on Friday and it was 'disconnected'? I called your shop 3 times on Friday trying to see if you would still install the gears if I could buy them from Tommie Vaughn. You never called me back nor PM'd me saying yes/no, so with the absence of a confirmation, I didn't buy them. Here's the proof that (a) My phone is far from disconnected and (b) I called you and left messages.

OFCOURSE we charged you for the gears as you gave us the approval to do so! Well thanks sir! Im confused! In a previous PM an hour ago (while we were closed) you sent a PM saying you were going to go to Tommy Vaughn to pick up the gears first thing in the morning. Ofcourse I would have given you a refund instantly if you would have done that or much less LET US KNOW! You are trying to conduct business with us via PM at 10PM on a friday night and we dont hear from you on Saturday so Monday morning you immediately go to your bank and dispute the charges for the parts?!? Thanks for giving me a chance! I would have definately charged it back to your card, but that is IMPOSSIBLE over the weekend!

I dont communicate with you guys much at G-Force, LMR, Pavlock, or whoever else im forgetting but please take my advice as to avoid any transactions with this individual if you dont want to be slandered on the forums after trying to help someone out!
I've already talked to the guys at Pavlock. Nice shop! We talked quite a bit last weekend. He might install my roll cage. I don't usually let shops work on my car (Unless it's non-engine, non-transmission). One other thing I don't understand is you keep saying you don't work on weekends yet Saturday is the very day you were 'going' to install the gears. You still haven't adequately explained how Pyle Bro's closed 'early' but they always close at 5 and the actually closed at 5:14 because they were waiting for a wrecker to arrive with a truck they were going to work on.

Quick Reply: Differential gears installers in Houston?