what kind of dog?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 02:43 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tootall4ata
Wienerreimmeriener, damn, you know what I mean!
Originally Posted by cptncdy
I have a 6th month old weimaraner and he is badass. the only thing is that he already weighs about 60lbs and still thinks he is a lap dog!
Originally Posted by chargerR/T
Get a weimaraner. They are badass dogs. Very smart and tons of energy. I get TONS of compliments on mine wherever I bring her
Agreed with all the above! I have a 2 year old Weimy and he is a great dog. He has ALOT of energy, but when not around the other dogs he is a fantastic pet and will walk beside me, not run away when we're outside, etc. Around the smaller dogs, he thinks he is their size and gets a bit rowdy for my taste.

Originally Posted by MY06TBSS
Attachment 172403boston terrier..... will have some in 3 weeks..........
I have 2 Boston TerrORS as well They are fun loving dogs....with horrible gas.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude that Staffordshire Bull Terrier looks absolutely kick *** you should look into that man
Old 03-27-2009, 07:49 AM
10 Second Club

I love my 13 week old rottweiler kayne... 13 weeks and almost 30lbs though. Dad was 135 and mom was 95. I love these dogs though. Highly intelligent. Very loyal and playful and protective of us and our 2 yr old. Love him to death!! Rotts and pits are very misunderstood as always being mean and fighting. Not true. They aren't that way unless you raise them to be that way.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:22 AM
12 Second Club

I'd say either a bull terrier or a miniature bull terrier!

This is definetly my next dog.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Phantom_LS2
I'd say either a bull terrier or a miniature bull terrier!

This is definetly my next dog.
That was going to be my suggestion also. My bull terrier was the best dog I've ever had. We have a Weim now, but I really want another bully.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cptncdy
I have a 6th month old weimaraner and he is badass. the only thing is that he already weighs about 60lbs and still thinks he is a lap dog!
Haha yeah i can vouch for that! I still need to see him, last time i saw him he was only like 15-20 pounds lol
Originally Posted by tmove827
Get a dappled daschund we have two and my dogs are the best in the world in the car and great with the kids
We have a miniature, and my only complaint is she digs EVERYWHERE!!! But she is a sweetheart so it's okay lol.
We also have a welsh pembroke corgi, awesome dog, only complaint is they shed a ton, but great personality; loves people, outdoors/indoors, swimming, fetch, etc...
Old 03-27-2009, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

the staffordshire bull terrier is badass but how will it do with a <10 lb dog? and do you ever have to worry about them turning on you? it has to be something i can always trust (once heard of a pit that was always loyal and then one day just turned on its owner, yes im sure there was something that provoked it but never heard more) and i can also trust it around unusual people. barking is ok but if it goes around biting every unusual persons ***....yeah.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Doberman smart dog easy to train and will scare the **** out of strangers in the dark!
Attached Thumbnails what kind of dog?-120_2877.jpg  
Old 03-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98silvertacrbn
Doberman smart dog easy to train and will scare the **** out of strangers in the dark!
That dog looks mean as hell
Old 03-28-2009, 01:18 PM
01z
TECH Regular

i got 2 90 lb mutts, i have no clue what they are but they are awesome. also have a mini dach, its pretty funny how she tries to growl at the bigger dogs. they just look at her like "yeah do something"
Old 03-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by futuref-body
i just lost a dog and now im looking for a new one. i want something between a chihuahua and a lab lol (something thatll ride in my front seat.) gotta be short hair and something that will just look awesome. i saw a black lab crossed with a pit bull and it was sweet but my friend got it and it was the last one. so any ideas of what i should get?
Jack Russell Terrier (sp?). I owned one named "Wishbone" (yea I know real original huh). Smartest damn dog I've ever seen. You could hide his ball anywhere in a room, even in a cabinent drawer and the dog would find it everytime. Also very protective.

'littles
Old 03-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigLittles
Jack Russell Terrier (sp?). I owned one named "Wishbone" (yea I know real original huh). Smartest damn dog I've ever seen. You could hide his ball anywhere in a room, even in a cabinent drawer and the dog would find it everytime. Also very protective.

'littles
+1 on the Jack Russell Terrier

I have a 9 year old. She is very smart, loyal, never misses a beat. my next one will also be a jack.

OP, let us know what 'ya get.

Cody
Old 03-29-2009, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by futuref-body
the staffordshire bull terrier is badass but how will it do with a <10 lb dog? and do you ever have to worry about them turning on you? it has to be something i can always trust (once heard of a pit that was always loyal and then one day just turned on its owner, yes im sure there was something that provoked it but never heard more) and i can also trust it around unusual people. barking is ok but if it goes around biting every unusual persons ***....yeah.

I have a Staff Terrier and I used to have a roommate with a Chihuahua, they got along great. The Chihuahua was always picking at my Staff, and when she got tired of it, she would just put her paw on his head until he let out a little cry then she would let him go.

My Staffordshire Terrier is as friendly as can be and very loyal. I can walk her freely and no problems with her leaving my side. Take her to dog parks and have no problems with her getting along with any others.

Her only problem is that she thinks she is a tiny dog and has a ton of energy. I have to be careful with her around small kids and older people because she get too excited sometimes and knocks people over.

Everyone is going to give you their opinion on the dog they own or have had the best luck with. I also have 2 Huskies, and my male is probably the best companion anyone could ever have...just my opinion. Just make sure you pick a dog that fits you like mentioned earlier in the thread. Dont get a dog that requires a lot of excercise and then keep it inside all the time. Dont just pick what looks cool.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

Also, some people have suggested getting a daschound or a mini daschound. While they are great dogs, you have to be EXTREMELY careful with them about them jumping up and down on things. The reason I know is my current dog (more like daughter LOL) is a mini daschound and she had to have back surgery a few years ago from the jumping up and down she was doing. That I not a situation I would wish on anyone. I never thought I'd ever get so attached to a dog.

Here are a few pics from her surgery:

And here she is now (made a 95% recovery from being completely paralyzed from her "waist" down). You can see how good her incision healed.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Screw all that pure breed stuff, just go to CAPS or the SPCA? and which ever one that doesn't bite you wins. If you really want a pure breed whatevermationbrador there are plenty of rescues to get a dog from. Most dogs you can look in their eyes and tell what kind of dogs they are, I've had dogs all my life.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

oh yeah-which brings me to another point. im not paying 1k for a dog! i may end up to love it but i will be happy a 100 dollar dog too plus the 900 left over
Old 03-29-2009, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

I saw a dog up the road a while ago, want me to go grab it for you?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phantom_LS2
Also, some people have suggested getting a daschound or a mini daschound. While they are great dogs, you have to be EXTREMELY careful with them about them jumping up and down on things. The reason I know is my current dog (more like daughter LOL) is a mini daschound and she had to have back surgery a few years ago from the jumping up and down she was doing. That I not a situation I would wish on anyone. I never thought I'd ever get so attached to a dog.

Here are a few pics from her surgery:

And here she is now (made a 95% recovery from being completely paralyzed from her "waist" down). You can see how good her incision healed.

Ouch!!!! hopefully ours doesnt have problems like that....damn. They are great dogs though...Second choice boxers are awesome too, and great with kids
Attached Thumbnails what kind of dog?-stuff-sale-057.jpg   what kind of dog?-stuff-sale-055.jpg   what kind of dog?-jamescarpict-268.jpg   what kind of dog?-jamescarpict-038.jpg  
Old 03-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Ive got a 3 year old pit bull, 5 year old boxer, and 4 month old Bull Mastiff and all three are great dogs. It is alot of hard work, but if you spend the time to work with dogs regardless of the bread they will turn out to be great dogs.

I socialized my dogs with other dogs while they were young, and young children before they were 10 months old and I think this is KEY!!

The bull mastiff is already bigger than the boxer and is the same size as my red nose pit @ 4 months haha!!! Her mom is 125 lbs of pure muscle.