The official "anyone going to the Samsung 500?" thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The official "anyone going to the Samsung 500?" thread

Anyone else going to the Dickies 500 next weekend?

p's,
'littles
Old 03-28-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes sir!!! We rented a 8-10 man rv,cause we have a spot in the infield....
Worm boy from lmr,his gal,and a couple friends are driving up with me in the rv thursday morning... We will be there the whole week!!!!

All i can say is par!!!!! tay!!!!!!!! also in between qualifying,and the races we will possibly have a poker game going on...

Where is everybody sitting at??
Old 03-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Sweet blue, sounds like you've got some hardcore friends there. Man once I get out of university, that's gonna be me. Ain't no better an excuse to drink, eat, curse and party than a nascar race Who you rooting for and who are you booing?

I've got some season tickets this year on the start finish line, row 5 seat seat 10. But it sounds like you got the best seat right there in that infield. I think row 5 should be close enough to hit Kyle Busch with a beer can .

'littles
Old 03-28-2009, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish I could go!
I miss those times.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

biglittles... me and you would get a long just fine.. Im a die hard jr fan,and hate kyle bush with a passion!!! I also like smoke,and ever before ryan newman was his team mate, i liked him too... i met him at a resturaunt,were a drunk guy started **** with me,and his pit crew stuck up for,which was crazy!!!!

I also like david star drives the 24 truck,my sister went to high school with him here in houston... This year has got us a bunch of garage passes.. Cant wait to meet everybody!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigLittles
I've got some season tickets this year on the start finish line, row 5 seat seat 10. But it sounds like you got the best seat right there in that infield. I think row 5 should be close enough to hit Kyle Busch with a beer can .

'littles
Or you can throw that beer can at Jr. so he can make his car go faster, because everyone knows he can't do anything on his own with out Big E.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Section 140, row 59

Got one extra ticket, too, if anybody is interested.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts

I have a few friends that are sponsors.. They will be in their RV as well, only outside of the gates.. Simply hang our passes around our necks, dawn our sponsor t-shirts,hat's.. and we are all over the infield,garages, etc... Can't wait!!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Texas Director

I've been for about the last nine years in a row, but I'm going to skip this year.

Like several of the others, I CAN'T STAND THAT LITTLE PUNK-*** KYLE BUSCH!!! Y'all boo him during the driver introductions for me and drink a few cold ones for me as well!
Old 03-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by badbluess
biglittles... me and you would get a long just fine.. Im a die hard jr fan,and hate kyle bush with a passion!!! I also like smoke,and ever before ryan newman was his team mate, i liked him too... i met him at a resturaunt,were a drunk guy started **** with me,and his pit crew stuck up for,which was crazy!!!!

I also like david star drives the 24 truck,my sister went to high school with him here in houston... This year has got us a bunch of garage passes.. Cant wait to meet everybody!!!
Yea David Starr (sp?) is pretty cool. He was doing pretty good in trucks last year. The truck series is where the real action is at. I like Smoke, too, he's one of the last real racers left in that series; USAC Triple Crown, Indy Champion, and 2 time cup champion--can't beat that. I respect Ryan Newman b/c he worked his way through the ranks and even earned himself a degree (engineering I believe). A bit of trivia for you: Jr and Newman are the only rookies to ever win the All Star race (Jr did it first).

Man I really like sitting up close to the speedway, as close as I can get--you get rubber on your face and the drivers can hear you boo them.

I booed Gordon real good in 07 and got him to shake his head (gottem good). It's Kyle's turn this year, haha.

'littles
Old 03-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Or you can throw that beer can at Jr. so he can make his car go faster, because everyone knows he can't do anything on his own with out Big E.
Well he won 4 straight @ Talledega on his own and the 500 in his 4th start--even Big E never did that. But Jr never was this father. But he sure as hell ain't Kyle Busch either, and I'll drink to that.

Only thing that's gonna make his car go faster is a crew chief not named Eury sitting on top of the pitbox.

cheers,
'littles
Old 03-29-2009, 03:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

AMEN eury jr is a disease to jr.'s success!!!! I think the only way he will keep his job is if jr finishes in the top 5... I was one of the lucky ones to talk trash to *** boy bush at talledega last year!!!
We will be inside the track thursday around noon... we will have our flags up,sucking some suds down,and the jager machine going full force!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigLittles
Well he won 4 straight @ Talledega on his own and the 500 in his 4th start--even Big E never did that. But Jr never was this father. But he sure as hell ain't Kyle Busch either, and I'll drink to that.

Only thing that's gonna make his car go faster is a crew chief not named Eury sitting on top of the pitbox.

cheers,
'littles
You are right about Eury, he sucks. And Jr. has won some races in the past, but what has he done lately? Absolutely nothing!! You guys might hate Kyle Busch, but give it to the kid he is good and has a good crew. He has won almost as many races as Jr. in far less time if im not mistaken. Consider KB the Jeff Gordon of the past, won alot of races, but everybody hates him because he was a crybaby. I guess hatrated for someone comes with much success.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:07 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
You are right about Eury, he sucks. And Jr. has won some races in the past, but what has he done lately? Absolutely nothing!! You guys might hate Kyle Busch, but give it to the kid he is good and has a good crew. He has won almost as many races as Jr. in far less time if im not mistaken. Consider KB the Jeff Gordon of the past, won alot of races, but everybody hates him because he was a crybaby. I guess hatrated for someone comes with much success.
(KB) His head is too big for his helmet! I don't like him because I think he's a punk. A really good driving punk though!

Go Jr...

I'll have to wait for the fall race!
Old 03-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Teching In

GO JR!!!

I don't have the tix infront of me but were sitting in section 420 row 10 or 11. Sat in the speedway club last year. Great seats but were right in the middle of the corner and couldn't see pit road.

Have a bunch of friends staying in RVs and we plan on going out sat evening and staying overnight. Lots of beer drinking and sh*t talking going to go on that night.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:23 AM
On The Tree

I will be there....in the 400 section....they were free so cant complain...even though I hate NASCAR..."here they come around the left turn. Oh wait, another left turn. And another...etc. etc. etc.." LOL
Old 03-31-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

36 hours till we roll out in the rv.. Just got my 4 day weekend schedule, cant wait to see pat green play friday after the sprint cup qualifying.. Then saturday we are attending the live NASCAR Memorabilia Auction benefiting speedway childrens charities,afterwards get to go on a 10 lap ride along in a nascar with a driver.. My friend told me he did it last year,and they got up over 170 mph!!!!

Sorry for the long post,but im getting excited!!!

To all those who are having to travel to the race... Please drive safe getting there,and back.....
Old 03-31-2009, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Just a heads up, its the samsung 500 in the spring

anyways...i was supposed to be offshore this weekend but now im not going to be, so if anyone has some decent tickets for sale let me know. I gave up my season tickets this year because i didnt think i would be able to get off for the races
Old 04-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Launching!

Woot!!!! found a great deal on some tix so i will be there. I have friends in the last row of camping on the backstretch side by the legends track, swing by and look for kasey kahne flags and have a beer.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:21 AM
11 Second Club

just FYI there will be a pre race lap on the 4th before the 300 of 50 f-bodys from dfw that won a contest... and on sunday MY car along with a few other local cars (15) will be desplayed in the chevy hospitality tent on sunday ..... so i will be there both days...

Quick Reply: The official "anyone going to the Samsung 500?" thread