The new 2010 Camaro is here at Lone Star Chevrolet in Houston!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Texas Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone intending on buying a new Camaro should print this out and take it into the dealer and call BS on them if they are trying to screw you.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

Absolutely! Thanks for sharing that information.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

The info is out there guys. Camaro5 is a GREAT site.

Remember this is the information age!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Teching In

And, keep in mind that the dealer will also make the holdback money, which is usually 3% of msrp.

If MSRP is 33.5k, that's another $1000 or so they make on the deal. They are not hurting to sell one at MSRP.

Dealers have 90 days to sell cars before they start paying interest on their inventory. Holdback is given to help with that interest cost. If they sell it before it's been on the lot 90 days, they keep the money as pure profit.

A little tip for you guys -- you can tell just how long a new car has been on the lot by the inspection sticker. It's inspected the day it hits the lot (by law, in order to be test driven). New car inspections are two years.

So, if you walk up on a new vette on the lot today w/ an inspection sticker of 1/2011, you know they have likely begun paying interest on that car (or are very close) and want it gone ASAP!

Find one that says 4/2011? Guess what, they may not really care to deal hardcore on it just yet......they have at least 60 more days before they start paying interest.

Oh, and interest on an 80k+ MSRP Z06 must be a beeyotch....

Old 04-23-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

What about the people that ordered a camaro? Are they going to have to pay the mark ups?
Old 04-23-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not bad for a loaded V6 IMO
Old 04-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

CLASSIC CHEVY in sugerland has 3 on the lot for sale at MSRP NOT ABOVE......
Old 04-23-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MY06TBSS
CLASSIC CHEVY in sugerland has 3 on the lot for sale at MSRP NOT ABOVE......
just talked with them. they said they have none. and that they would be getting a few in 2 weeks.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

I talked to the internet manager .. David sadowski about 30 min ago he said they had 3 ,2 v6 and one rs/ss on the lot and they were all for sale msrp only .. Must be lyin to me?????? I am going tommorow to check it out i'll let you know joe.....
Old 04-23-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MY06TBSS
I talked to the internet manager .. David sadowski about 30 min ago he said they had 3 ,2 v6 and one rs/ss on the lot and they were all for sale msrp only .. Must be lyin to me?????? I am going tommorow to check it out i'll let you know joe.....
yea i was about to take a trip out there to confirm. but then i talked to one of the sales managers and they told me what i said earlier. was dissapointed. let me know what you find out
Old 04-24-2009, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down Dealer Markups

I've said it for a long time, GM makes and has made some good cars, but their dealership network may be the death of them. It's true that GM's current debacle is a conglomerate of bad decisions, crappy cars, and bad dealership experiences over the span of many years, but right this minute, can Cheverolet dealers really afford to offend even one car buying customer that carries the credit or cash to get the job done? (at MSRP or below)

Take a look what just happened today: GM just got another 2 billion dollar bailout in addition to what they've already taken.

And that makes me think, wow, these guys at their dealers should be busting their asses to make sales. I mean if I was in danger of going out of business, and I actually cared about having a job tomorrow, in additon to what's already being done in Detroit (cutting the fat, although I think they're in the meat now), I'd be doing everything I could to sell every new Camaro/car/truck I could! I mean if I had a dealship and I sold all my Camaro's at a fair price, I could order more, right? That would mean that I could order more Camaro's to keep my lot inventory turning, keep the folks that build them building them, keep the folks that make the materials employed, etc.

Camaro's are all about looking/going fast, and rock-n-roll right? Why not turn up the volume?

But instead, what do I see?

A bunch of myopic circus clowns at the local dealerships trying to thicken their margins by marking cars up beyond sticker?! WTF?

I mean, what a fantastic strategy! Especially when times are not the greatest right? I mean, hell, I listen to what's going on everyday, I see layoffs occuring here and there, with vendors I deal with everywhere, business's that have been around forever folding all around us, even here in Houston where we dodged the bullet that the rest of the country saw last year and, and, and..... wow! But apparently there's still a few ***-clowns at the dealerships that don't think it can happen to them!

Who benefits from a dealer markup exactly again? 1-2 people at the dealership? The owners family? For damn sure GM doesn't! They already sold the car to dealer for invoice, plus incentive, holdback or whatever.

Makes me wish that someone at GM with a large pair of stones would step in and put a stop to this unscrupulous practice.

I realize the majority of dealerships are privitely run entities, and not under direct GM control--- but I know it can be done-- it's been done in the past.

Now before I start a flame war, I know that they're are several honest dealers and salespeople out there that can see beyond their next paycheck. It is my sincere hope that those are the guys that are recognized and commended for their efforts to keep GM afloat, or even better, get the ship to go on it's own again without having to be pushed along by American taxpayer dollars. In this instance, a few greedy ****** are going to give a black eye to the many.

Sorry for the rant folks, but call a spade a spade. Dealer markups on Camaro's are bullshit, and if GM's gonna make a serious go of recovering in this economy, they shouldn't be permitted on anything but the most limited editions of cars (NOT CAMAROS) if even then, especially given the automatic depreciation that occurs by simply driving one off the lot.

Last I heard they were discounting Challengers and Mustangs. I bet I'm not the only one that's heard that.

<EDIT>

Oh look, they just pulled the plug on Pontiac. Makes me sick, but that's a rant for another thread.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/24/auto...ion=2009042414

Last edited by CAM 00SS; 04-24-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by CAM 00SS
I've said it for a long time, GM makes and has made some good cars, but their dealership network may be the death of them. It's true that GM's current debacle is a conglomerate of bad decisions, crappy cars, and bad dealership experiences over the span of many years, but right this minute, can Cheverolet dealers really afford to offend even one car buying customer that carries the credit or cash to get the job done? (at MSRP or below)

Take a look what just happened today: GM just got another 2 billion dollar bailout in addition to what they've already taken.

And that makes me think, wow, these guys at their dealers should be busting their asses to make sales. I mean if I was in danger of going out of business, and I actually cared about having a job tomorrow, in additon to what's already being done in Detroit (cutting the fat, although I think they're in the meat now), I'd be doing everything I could to sell every new Camaro/car/truck I could! I mean if I had a dealship and I sold all my Camaro's at a fair price, I could order more, right? That would mean that I could order more Camaro's to keep my lot inventory turning, keep the folks that build them building them, keep the folks that make the materials employed, etc.

Camaro's are all about looking/going fast, and rock-n-roll right? Why not turn up the volume?

But instead, what do I see?

A bunch of myopic circus clowns at the local dealerships trying to thicken their margins by marking cars up beyond sticker?! WTF?

I mean, what a fantastic strategy! Especially when times are not the greatest right? I mean, hell, I listen to what's going on everyday, I see layoffs occuring here and there, with vendors I deal with everywhere, business's that have been around forever folding all around us, even here in Houston where we dodged the bullet that the rest of the country saw last year and, and, and..... wow! But apparently there's still a few ***-clowns at the dealerships that don't think it can happen to them!

Who benefits from a dealer markup exactly again? 1-2 people at the dealership? The owners family? For damn sure GM doesn't! They already sold the car to delaer for invoice, plus incentive, holdback or whatever.

Make me wish that someone at GM with a large pair of stones would step in and put a stop to this unscrupulous practice.

I realize the majority of dealerships are privitely run entities, and not under direct GM control--- but I know it can be done-- it's been done in the past.

Now before I start a flame war, I know that they're are several honest dealers and salespeople out there that can see beyond their next paycheck. It is my sincere hope that those are the guys that are recognized and commended for their efforts to keep GM afloat, or even better, get the ship to go on it's own again without having to be pushed along by American taxpayer dollars. In this instance, a few greedy ****** are going to give a black eye to the many.

Sorry for the rant folks, but call a spade a spade. Dealer markups on Camaro's are bullshit, and if GM's gonna make a serious go of recovering in this economy, they shouldn't be permitted on anything but the most limited editions of cars (NOT CAMAROS) if even then, epsecially given the automatic depreciation that occurs by simply driving one off the lot.

Last I heard they were discounting Challengers and Mustangs. I bet I'm not the only one that's heard that.

<EDIT>

Oh look, they just pulled the plug on Pontiac. Makes me sick, but that's a rant for another thread.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/24/auto...ion=2009042414
Well said.

Why GM doesn't pull the plug on Buick, instead of Pontiac is puzzling to me, but that's a whole different discussion.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:08 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mmiller
Well said.

Why GM doesn't pull the plug on Buick, instead of Pontiac is puzzling to me, but that's a whole different discussion.

Because on the worldwide sales scale Buick is bigger than Pontiac. Big discussion averted

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 04-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
Because on the worldwide sales scale Buick is bigger than Pontiac. Big discussion averted
I guess the sales stats that were published in the article were US only?

Buick's are freakin ugly and it seems that only old people buy them.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

Buick's are freakin ugly and it seems that only old people buy them.
Hey man, watch your tongue. My 80 yr old grandpa resembles that remark!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

I will pick one up when more dealers have to shutter the doors and their inventory is either moved to another dealer and or liquidated to pay off creditors
Old 04-24-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Buick's are freakin ugly and it seems that only old people and the Chinese buy them.
Fixed for ya
Buick sells HUGE overseas, which is the reason it isn't on the chopping block. What ever happened to the announcement that GM made a month or 2 back saying Saab, Hummer, Saturn, and Pontiac is going bye-bye?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Teching In

Buick is HUGE in China.

Seriously though, I understand cutting Pontiac. The only vehicle I would purchasing from their line up is the G8 (still consdiering getting one). Rebadge it as a Chevy and they are good to go. If Pontiac was supposed to be their sport and excitment vehicles, they should have done something different the a V6 FWD with a spoiler for the past 8 years.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

well said CAM 00SS. im in the market for a new car and want to check out once before i decide on what to get. I do know i will not pay over MSRP on a camaro. We should be getting a 5k dollar rebate since it was our money that bailed them out of bankrupt.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

I like them. I'd put a convertible Z28 in the garage if GM ever finally made the Z28 (although I'd settle for the 2SS in a convertible) and the wife ever allowed it to happen.

Quick Reply: The new 2010 Camaro is here at Lone Star Chevrolet in Houston!