Procharged ws6 opinions..

Old 06-12-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharged ws6 opinions..

I know Ive asked alot on here but I greatly value yalls opinions. Still looking day and night for a vette but came across this and it seems pretty sweet. Just got a few questions

Spoke with the adult owner who states the car is flawless. 02 ws6 with 13k miles. Only mods are procharger, dynatech longtubes, upgraded parts in tranny, and new clutch. Even has the stock catback. He stated it makes 450/440. My question is.. doesnt that seem kinda low or is that normal? He states it runs great. I would hope a blown ls1 would atleast make 500 hp. Let me know what yall think and what a fair price is to offer this guy. By no means will I pay 21,900 like he wants. He said its negotiable but for that price Ide rather pay alittle more and buy Tonys car

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
Old 06-12-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

If all he did was throw on a Procharger then those numbers are pretty good but if its got a cam and heads then it is low. Clean car
Old 06-12-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't spend that much money on a 4th gen f-body. You can pick up clean C5's for that price.... That power is about right for a P1 on that car. It just all depends on how much boost the guy is running. Chances are it has the wagon wheel of a pulley that the kit came with. You also have to consider that it has the "dual intercooler" kit which sucks, they heat soak bad.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NiceTry
I wouldn't spend that much money on a 4th gen f-body. You can pick up clean C5's for that price.... That power is about right for a P1 on that car. It just all depends on how much boost the guy is running. Chances are it has the wagon wheel of a pulley that the kit came with. You also have to consider that it has the "dual intercooler" kit which sucks, they heat soak bad.
so your saying it needs the intercooler?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
It is intercooled, but has 2 of them and the are both pretty small. Ideally one big intercooler would be the way to go. I would pass on this car as well. Not worth the price. You can find c5 z06's for that price. Here is one I just found on craigslist.

http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/1218980890.html

There are many many more if you search.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:21 PM
10 Second Fun Car

It just depends on what you want. I would rather buy a $14-$15k and put the rest of the money on mods. I just dont care for buying cars that already have mods on them. You may be able to get a good deal on them but its not fun that way.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:23 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by NiceTry

Well said!

The front mounts kits and d1's. Make great easy hp.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Well said!

The front mounts kits and d1's. Make great easy hp.
what does the better intercooler cost?
Old 06-13-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It needs the intercooler kit which I think that EPP sells. The P1 is also the baby blower although I have seen 700rwhp from one on a vette that was spinning the **** out of it, you can upgrade your P1 to a D1 but it costs about $800-1000. There are a ton of other things that can be done also (8 rib, EPP bracked upgrades etc). Really I would hold off get a clean vette and put Kooks and an A&A kit on it. The BEST blower combo for a C5 IMO is a procharger head unit and brackets with Andy's intercooler kit. I promise you that it will be a MUCH more enjoyable car than a f-body.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:31 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

My '02 M6 Z28 has a D1SC kit, FLP long tubes, magnaflow, and BBK TB - that's abut it for power mods. It put down 479 through the Moser 12 bolt. I upgraded to the 4.5" thick dual intercoolers (don't want to hack the car up, it's immaculate) and larger cone air filter and it should be right at 500 now at 8 psi.

If the seller has a "stock" (unimproved) P1SC on a stock motor, 450 to the wheels should be about right. Did he say how much boost he is seeing?
Old 06-14-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Thank you. So if I upgrade to the single intercooler and step the size on the pulley down how much power would it make? Also, would anything else have to be done to the engine to support the power like valve springs or anything? How much power can the motor handle without really hurting it?
Old 06-15-2009, 08:15 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Thank you. So if I upgrade to the single intercooler and step the size on the pulley down how much power would it make? Also, would anything else have to be done to the engine to support the power like valve springs or anything? How much power can the motor handle without really hurting it?

The single intercooler seems to still be superior to my set up (Dual 4.5's) based on what other guys are experiencing. Your boost is going to depend on the combination of the blower and crank pullies. I do not recommend going above 8 or 9 psi on a stock LS1 motor. I run 8 psi on my Procharged car and 9 psi on my Vortech car and both have conservative tunes. Timing is conservative and fuel is where it should be for FI (rich).

Others can chime in, but I think the rule of thumb on a stock LS1 is 600 crank HP. My '02 with the D1SC is probably around 575 at the crank, so I don't have much room left. However, I have seen that figure represented as a rule of thumb, not an absolute. Some guys are making more power and haven't grenaded the stock motor yet, but I wouldn't mess around there.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

I just recieved an email from the seller and he stated its the stock 6 rib system with a step smaller pulley at 7 psi. So is 450 rwhp still good?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:15 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

I just recieved an email from the seller and he stated its the stock 6 rib system with a step smaller pulley at 7 psi. So is 450 rwhp still good?
450 RWHP is believeable. The 6 rib system is annoying as it is prone to slippage. You may be lucky and the belt will grip, but most people eventually have belt slippage issues at higher RPM with the 6 rib setup.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Needs different wheels (TT2's are on every other car on the road).
Figure $1500+ to transport it.
$1000+ for a different intercooler setup

Above = not worth it.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Not worth it, IMO. I'd get a C5Z for that price.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Procharged ws6 opinions..