Got hit in the T/A today, many large pictures inside.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sux bad. Glad you are alright though. That's the most important part.

You are going to start hurting today and tomorrow will be worse. Trust me. I have been through this a few times. Depending on how bad it is and how active you are physical therapy can help. don't sign anything until you are sure are better. I still have not settled the medical and pain and suffering from my accident over a year ago.

Your car might not be totalled, but given what Blue Book is on these F-bodies now and repair costs, I can see them totalling it. You can always try to talk them out of it if you want it repaired. If they repair it, you can go after them for diminished value. You can do that on your own or hire a company to do it for you.

If they total it, you don't have to take their first offer on value. In fact, I wouldn't. I would consider that a starting point. If they total it, you can still go after them for diminished value. Especially if they give you a poor value for the car.

They won't care too much that you are injured when trying to determine the value of your car. They are 2 separate claims. Don't try to threaten them with pain and suffering. It only hurts your claim for pain and suffering / medical. Just know that in the end you will come out ok even if the pain and siffering $$ halps cover the poor value they may try to stiff you with for your car.

OK, I will stop there. I have been through this a few times and it gets me worked up knowing how the insurance companies operate. I have learned a few things and figure I will pass it along.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK - I'll be the first to say it: "That **** will buff right out!!"

Seriously - glad you're OK. Sucks about the car, but they can be replaced. Take the insurance money and get you something new!! Used C5Z?????
Old 06-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel sick looking at those pics...hopefully you get what it was worth.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:40 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
sorry for your loss.

but mitch is right, how can her tires screech if her brakes were out? lol

It wasn't her brakes, it was her brain that was out.

I drive my Silverado to work most days because rush hour in Austin is full of complete idiots.

Sucks that I have to miss out on the fun of driving one of my F-boats instead, but my route to and from the office is full of non-driving morons.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TWS
It wasn't her brakes, it was her brain that was out.

I drive my Silverado to work most days because rush hour in Austin is full of complete idiots.

Sucks that I have to miss out on the fun of driving one of my F-boats instead, but my route to and from the office is full of non-driving morons.
haha yeah i know man, we all are stuck to drive on these roads.

but whats funny is that he said he heard screeching breaks, but she said her breaks went out. lol. the world is full of stupid people.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Women Drivers
^^^^^ this lol this is the billionth time ive seen a ls1 owner go down because of a woman driver. I never hear about v8 women driver crashing their cars
Old 06-18-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the world is full of stupid people.
And you can't fix stupid ...
Old 06-18-2009, 02:59 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

he said he heard screeching breaks, but she said her breaks went out. lol. the world is full of stupid people.
Exactly. She was stupid for not paying attention and also stupid with her lame excuse.

Probably texting, putting on makeup, eating, scratching her crotch, or any combination of those activities.

Ever notice that a lot of Americans, far too many in fact, consider time spent driving is the opportunity to do something else at the same time?

They don't take driving seriously and devote their undivided attention to it.

I'll talk on my cell, but I don't even like doing that, so I keep it to a minimum. The only thing I like doing simultaneously with driving is listening to music.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:03 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mitchntx
And you can't fix stupid ...
The wisdom of Ron White. Gotta spread it around.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Teching In

it looks like its still fixable.it dont look that bad.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:30 PM
FormerVendor

I am so sorry to hear that!!! Let us know if we can make your baby new for you!!!

Where did it get towed?

I hope you are okay...
Old 06-18-2009, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling a little sore but nothing that keeps me from doing everyday things. Then again, I have a high threshold for pain. I spoke with her insurance company today and they're covering everything. The lady that hit me gave me the number to her agent and he seems very willing to help and isn't trying to put me off. I've already sent the car off to a body shop and picked up a rental. They're supposed to be calling me once they figure what the damages are.

I noticed when the car was being loaded on the flatbed this afternoon, there's a crease in the lower corner of the body where the driver door is, not in the door jamb but above the ground effects and before the quarterpanel. The pictures only show some of the damage. The driver seat is leaning back and to the left now as well.

The insurance company is saying that the damage has to exceed 70% of the vehicles value in order to be totaled. They use NADA to determine value and NADA shows my car to be worth $13,150. So damages would have to exceed $9,205 in order to be a total loss.

Last edited by Morbid; 06-19-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Doubt that itll be tottalled i work for insurance company
Old 06-18-2009, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

So because you work for an insurance company, that qualifies you on body damage, most of which you can't see?
Old 06-18-2009, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

good luck man... sucks. This happened to my first car..... And of coarse its someone in some soccer mom piece of **** that could give a **** less about what they just hit...
Old 06-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Damn it... **** like this pisses me off. Especially considering I got t-boned by a dumbass that ran a red light. Car's totalled, it's been 2 weeks and still haven't had someone come out to look at the damages. I hope you had gap insurance with all the work done to it. I don't wanna say it's a total loss, but you never know. Especially since these cars are about 10 years old. Book value is a sum bitch...

Good luck with it all.

P.S. You're a nicer person than me blurring out THEIR license plate. I left mine on the internet for anyone to see.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

The only reason I blurred out the plates is because I don't want to be accused of anything or something coming back to bite me. I know it's an off chance but better safe than sorry.

I didn't need the GAP insurance because I took out a small loan on the vehicle. I only owe about $6k on the car, perhaps a little less. I have mixed emotions on this whole incident. On one hand, I want it totaled so I don't get back a "fixed" car with diminished value. Then again, I don't want to go looking for another car. We'll see what happens.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:17 PM
9 Second Club

Sucks to see. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Morbid
The only reason I blurred out the plates is because I don't want to be accused of anything or something coming back to bite me. I know it's an off chance but better safe than sorry.

I didn't need the GAP insurance because I took out a small loan on the vehicle. I only owe about $6k on the car, perhaps a little less. I have mixed emotions on this whole incident. On one hand, I want it totaled so I don't get back a "fixed" car with diminished value. Then again, I don't want to go looking for another car. We'll see what happens.
Yo Derek told me about that the other day, sorry to hear about that ****. Hope it gets fixed soon or totalled. Does your insurance have rental reimbursement or are you just out a ride for the duration?

joe
Old 06-19-2009, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Damn man that is sad to here hopenyou get your car fixed