I am running for office on 1 single issue... would you vote for me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009 | 08:46 PM
9 Second Club

Man Wizeass, leave it up to you to invoke the most controversial threads that have absolutely NOTHING to do with F-bodies or cars in general.
Old 06-24-2009 | 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Whoever says it is ok for people to come in to this country without permission for any reason are obviously not aware of what can happen. Remember these freaking people are here ILLEGALLY, so you are saying it is ok for a crook to rob somebody if they are poor because it will give them a better life??? There are no records of their existence, therefore crimes they commit cannot be linked to them unless they are caught in the act because there are usually no fingerprints on record (unless they have been caught for something before). They can go back to Mexico, Canada, or wherever they came from without ever getting caught. It is a national security THREAT for them to come here without documentation, we do not know who they are or why they are here.

You all have turned this in to hispanic vs. white, with white people voting against and hispanics voting for it. Come live in San Antonio and be white and watch all the racist mexicans and hispanics with how they treat white people. Go get a haircut and have the hispanic lady skip you to go to the next hispanic, or have them say you need to learn spanish because they speak it, or say you don't know anything because you are white. This happens all the time to me and I get sick of it but what the hell can you do??? Oh wait, but only white people are racist right?

Just to be clear I am white, I do indeed speak spanish, and yes pretty much most of my friends are hispanic. They do admit people are very racist against white people. Who gives a **** though, I just take it in stride.

Last edited by superfreakws6; 06-24-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-24-2009 | 11:13 PM
11 Second Club

The immigration laws we have don't help for much so all this complaining wont change anything. I deal with this on a daily basis since I work for the Border Patrol. One of the major problems is that you can't lock up all the people that come to the country illegally because it will cost lots of money to feed them for the time they are locked. (ONLY returning felons get time) Most of the people we catch we have to let them go on a simple "Voluntary Return" which you know for a fact that they will be back as soon as they are returned to Mexico. Who knows maybe next time around they do make it and we dont catch them. For the OTM's (other than mexicans) the US has to fly them out to their home country (where ever that is) costing the goverment more money. And once again, as soon as they get to their country and get the funds to come back they will. And who knows if will catch them this time around. I can go on and on as to what is wrong but the politicians won't fix anything because when voting time comes around they know they will have the hispanic vote on their side. By the way I am hispanic; both of my parents are Mexicans (mother is now a natrualized citizen) just FYI.
Old 06-25-2009 | 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chargerR/T
am I the only one that finds it funny that you are calling him stupid, yet you don't know how to spell BORDER? Also you don't know whether to use "you're or your".
At least I didnt buy a charger R/T. And another thing! Did you understand what I was saying? see! I may not be good at spelling but I'm smarter then you! I didnt buy a slow as hemi and decide to talk **** to an LS guy on an LS forum! If your going to say anything then atleast say somethinng about what we are talking about! or
Old 06-25-2009 | 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Oh... By the way I am not saying that I think its ok for illegal foreigners to come in at all! I am arguing the fact that he wants to limit the rights of legal foreigners just because they are foreigners! I think limiting them would eventually cause us to also be limited in the same way!
Old 06-25-2009 | 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Absolutely!

I'm not getting into any of the political things here since, as a non-citizen (haven't gotten around to that yet) immigrant (legal at that, and not from anywhere south of the border), I can not vote.

My comment was just to make a sarcastic remark about OP, because of the history he has with posting about Obama.

Okay... Carry on, people.
I sure do and will continue!! That is my right and when your a citizen of this great nation you will have the right as well. I will say thank you for coming here legally and respecting our laws. it is people like yourself that i welcome and wish the best for. i wish you the best even though we obviously don't agree in ideology. as for your sarcasm
Old 06-25-2009 | 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Hmm... Thats an idea! Make Mexico a part of America! Then we become the biggest country on the planet and you'll would'nt be able to blame our problems on mexico crossing the boarders!! I agree with said above! We have just as many if not more people spunging off the system yet we point the blame away from us to make our selves feel better about what "we" are doing! Again lets focus on more pressing matters such as N. Korea and the "end of the United states"
dude it is called sarcasm!! i do not think we need to take over a country that is as corupt as they come and not to mention poor as hell. we have enough problems with Obama spending money let alone taking over that mess. hell they come here to recieve welfare. how much would it cost to to take on the whole country?

as far as N. Korea i agree but, Obama is an a appeaser so he will bend over backwards to give them all that they want instead of forcing a regime change which should be done.
Old 06-25-2009 | 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by boostnificent
dude it is called sarcasm!! i do not think we need to take over a country that is as corupt as they come and not to mention poor as hell. we have enough problems with Obama spending money let alone taking over that mess. hell they come here to recieve welfare. how much would it cost to to take on the whole country?

as far as N. Korea i agree but, Obama is an a appeaser so he will bend over backwards to give them all that they want instead of forcing a regime change which should be done.

dude! You need to calm down! And re-read my post! sarcasm goes 2 ways....
Old 06-25-2009 | 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I sure do and will continue!!...as for your sarcasm
Calm down. I guess your name is also Mike, then. However, the comment I made was directed towards Mike, the OP, not you.
Old 06-25-2009 | 10:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rayosequis
I agree with the above poster about N. Korea, it's an overt threat to this country and has a higher priority than the broken immigration system.

And to the O.P., I offer my opninion on the healthcare aspect of the illegal Mexicans you seem to loathe as I work in the healthcare field. When we see illegal Mexicans come into our facility, the vast majority of them pay or offer to pay in cash, rarely do they have medicaid. More often than not, however, we see your beloved American citizens pull up in late model if not brand new cars, Medicaid card proudly in their hands. When it is explained to them that we do not take Medicaid and they actually have to pay for their visit if they wish to be seen, they are usually pissed and say that we have to see them. There is a huge sense of entitlement for these "citizens" who routinely show up with nicer jewelry, watches, phones, and cars than most of us working in the clinic/hospital have, yet they have Medicaid.

This is the problem with our system, our own lazy, scheming citizens who know how to manipulate the system and are ballsy enough to ask for prescriptions for aspirin and ibuprofen so they can use their Medicaid cards and not have to spend the extra $3. Ask any ER physician or nurse what part of the population drags the healthcare system down, it's not illegals. Go and take a look in the ER lobby of Methodist Willowbrook or SW Memorial, and see which patients are there for BS visits and not actual emergencies, again, not the illegals.

And just one little comment on the whole border crossing issue, have you looked into who is actually crossing ? You may be surprised to find out that it's not just Mexican citizens coming in from Mexico. On the contrary, there are also many Arabic, Indian and other citizens coming in, some food for thought at the least....

Do you know what percentage of the babies born at Parkland Hospital are from Illegal Aliens?
Old 06-25-2009 | 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Man Wizeass, leave it up to you to invoke the most controversial threads that have absolutely NOTHING to do with F-bodies or cars in general.

Last I read this is the Texas Forum.... this is a huge discussion about Texas from our F-body loven brotheren! It effects all of us in the Lone Star State!
Old 06-25-2009 | 10:28 AM
On The Tree

dude! You need to calm down! And re-read my post! sarcasm goes 2 ways....

i am calm. i see your sarcasm but you keep arguing for but then a couple of posts later say that your not for it.
Old 06-25-2009 | 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Calm down. I guess your name is also Mike, then. However, the comment I made was directed towards Mike, the OP, not you.
sorry man i missed the OP part of your response. i am calm why do you guys think i am not?
Old 06-25-2009 | 10:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Robert@G-Force
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breath free.
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
Thank you. If my mother didnt move here when she was 12 illegally with the help of her lawyer ( american ) parents i would not be. And to think i would hhave not grown up and seen the things i have, and have been apart of. Not to mention now seeing my own kids growing up with everything america has to offer. I'v lived here all my life and spent a large amount of time in mexico as well. Wizeass, with your comments and they way you think you basically erased my life and my kids lives. My mom was illegal but i she would of never had a chance to make it here i probably would not have had a white father or a white wife. All i can say is a hope to god i dont see you anytime soon micheal. For both of us, i hope i dont. Sorry but your ignorance really cut me deep on this one.
Old 06-25-2009 | 10:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by superfreakws6
Whoever says it is ok for people to come in to this country without permission for any reason are obviously not aware of what can happen. Remember these freaking people are here ILLEGALLY, so you are saying it is ok for a crook to rob somebody if they are poor because it will give them a better life??? There are no records of their existence, therefore crimes they commit cannot be linked to them unless they are caught in the act because there are usually no fingerprints on record (unless they have been caught for something before). They can go back to Mexico, Canada, or wherever they came from without ever getting caught. It is a national security THREAT for them to come here without documentation, we do not know who they are or why they are here.

You all have turned this in to hispanic vs. white, with white people voting against and hispanics voting for it. Come live in San Antonio and be white and watch all the racist mexicans and hispanics with how they treat white people. Go get a haircut and have the hispanic lady skip you to go to the next hispanic, or have them say you need to learn spanish because they speak it, or say you don't know anything because you are white. This happens all the time to me and I get sick of it but what the hell can you do??? Oh wait, but only white people are racist right?

Just to be clear I am white, I do indeed speak spanish, and yes pretty much most of my friends are hispanic. They do admit people are very racist against white people. Who gives a **** though, I just take it in stride.

sad but true i went to college in SA and was surprised, adn dissapointed how different hispanic people treat you compared to Houston.

Last edited by strokerblackhawk; 06-25-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-25-2009 | 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

i am calm. i see your sarcasm but you keep arguing for but then a couple of posts later say that your not for it.
I’m not for it! Not if the plan includes limiting the rights of our foreign citizens... I'm for not allowing the Illegal foreigners from coming over! I’m also for sending them back! But when you agree with someone that wants to limit someone that has his citizenship and just as much rights as you to buy anything he wants and live any ware he desires then that is what I have an issue with! Its called the land of the free! ALL citizens are free!
Old 06-25-2009 | 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by superfreakws6

It would seem that you give a **** and you don't take it in stride. I agree with what you say about the hispanic people being racist or prejudice(I'm "hispanic"). Don't rant about how you get treated then say that you don't care.

Damn I got involved!!lol
Old 06-25-2009 | 11:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KLRWS6
Wizeass, All i can say is a hope to god i dont see you anytime soon micheal. For both of us, i hope i dont. Sorry but your ignorance really cut me deep on this one.

DANNGGGGGG! That **** is funny!!!! R.I.P.

And for everyone else, There are only parts of mexico that are poor. I dont know if any of you all have been to Monterey, Mexico, but the woman and life of living is crazy. If you think some women are stuck up here cuz they are beautiful, just go there. A normal guy here wouldnt even get a second look!

Bottom Line, Everyone will always want better for their kids, and they will go through anything to make it happen. Thats why we have illegals here. I for one, dont mind a hard working illegal (whether mexican, asian, ethiopian, etc) to work the long hours here for low pay. Its building America more beautiful. And they are not taking our jobs! We have the luxury to go to college and better ourselves here and the people that dont do that, are the ones that complain about immigrants. I am a Hispanic with a Government Job and when I see these immigrants, all I think to myself is that it is good they are trying to better themselves here and work for their family. Now if you are arguing about those jobs, im sorry to say, but you need to wake the **** up, get off your ***, and go to school! Become something! American Dream remember! If not, then count your blessings that you are where you are and that there are still people out there that have it worst than you do. Not everybody has the same oppertunity we do.
Old 06-25-2009 | 01:03 PM
On The Tree

I’m not for it! Not if the plan includes limiting the rights of our foreign citizens... I'm for not allowing the Illegal foreigners from coming over! I’m also for sending them back! But when you agree with someone that wants to limit someone that has his citizenship and just as much rights as you to buy anything he wants and live any ware he desires then that is what I have an issue with! Its called the land of the free! ALL citizens are free!
right and i agree with that 100% but his point being was that Mexico has alot of really strict laws but they encourage their citizens to break ours. i think that their is alot of people saying the same things on here but it is not being communicated properly.

also i have no issues with Mexicans, Latinos or whatever. i have a problem with the people that break our laws and take advantage of us. thats who i've got issue with. they are taking away from me and my family, it is not my responsibility to provide for someoneelse or vice versa. i love Mexico and the people, hell some of my best friends are Mexican and I love their foods!!
Old 06-25-2009 | 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WizeAss
Do you know what percentage of the babies born at Parkland Hospital are from Illegal Aliens?
That is not what I am referring to, hospitals are here to help people with true emergencies, would you actually want to deny help to any woman having a baby ? Any person having a true emergency should not be denied care, regardless of their ability to pay, I think a woman in labor falls into this category.

What I do have a problem with, however, are the people who show up to the ER with 5 or 6 children and want to check all of them in because 1 might have a fever. This is blatant abuse of the system and a major cause of over crowding and ridiculous wait times in the ER.

While there are problems with illegal aliens abusing the system as well, they are not by any means the sole cause of all our problems as you seem to believe.

Quick Reply: I am running for office on 1 single issue... would you vote for me?