I am running for office on 1 single issue... would you vote for me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009 | 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

somewhat fitting to this thread..Native Americans should be the only ones with a real bone to pick...

Lyrics from Iron Maiden " Run to the hills"

White man came across the sea
He brought us pain and misery
He killed our tribes, he killed our creed
He took our game for his own need

We fought him hard we fought him well
Out on the plains we gave him hell
But many came too much for cree
Oh will we ever be set free?

Riding through dustclouds and barren wastes
Galloping hard on the plains
Chasing the redskins back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game
Murder for freedom a stab in the back
Women and children and cowards attack

Run to the hills run for your lives

Soldier blue on the barren wastes
Hunting and killing their game
Raping the women and wasting the men
The only good indians are tame
Selling them whisky and taking their gold
Enslaving the young and destroying the old

(repeat to end)
Old 06-24-2009 | 12:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WizeAss
Trailor Park Sally is an American Citizen.... Jose is not! End Debate! Jose has zero citizenship rights. He should receive human rights but not the rights of citizens. I am sure the government will make healthcare a human and not citizen right as well.

Her having 6 kids is a problem but if you pay close attention you will find that Mexican's are the ones having multiple kids. It has been found that the US population would drop if Mexican's didnt have kids in the US. Not mexican americans but Mexicans.

I never said your mom was illegal. I was simply making a comment and used an example. If she is legal than that is respectable.

Do you have a problem with 1/2 of the Texas population INVADING Mexico? or is it just because you have a heart for Mexican's who are too damn stupid to stand up to a corrupt government system. I give Iranians more respect than Mexicans. Atleast they are fighting for freedom.. much like Texas did when it kicked Santa Anna's *** at the Alamo with less fighters! BTW, many of whom were Mexican citizens! Yeah.... even I am aware that Mexicans helped me obtain freedom. I just find it retarded that yall attempt to make a debate and dont have a leg to stand on other than bleeding heart BS.
That's only because they'd have to do a lot of swimming to get over here. I'm done, you're just an idiot. You say it's not a race issue but yet from the get-go it's been all about the mexicans. There's just as many other ethnicities involved but Mexico is the big issue. Take your *** over to the Political forums and discuss this with other people such as yourself. I'm late for lunch and the PINCHE ENCHILADAS are getting cold.
Old 06-24-2009 | 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MEZA TA
Mexican citizens are victims of their own government. Try and put and end to corruption and we'll kill you, your family and everyone else you know. Yeah call me what you want but i'd much rather leave and start elsewhere. Everything is way out of control down there that it's going to take time to fix....if ever. With the Mexican flag thing....I can agree with you on the whole flaunt thing. If you're proud to be a Mexican....be proud but don't wave it around when trying to get help from the U.S. Sure your roots are in Mexico but we're in the U.S. now, be proud of that.

I'm American-Mexican, American first.....so don't get me wrong. I'm all for the U.S. But i've seen both sides of this issue.

American Math
American Science
American Jobs
American Dollar
American Prosperity
American Dream....

hmmmmm what does Mexico offer other than cheap labor for a majority of uneducated workers? Hell, in a few year robots will replace them. Who builds GM cars??? A damn computer.

The best thing that can take place in Mexico is for Illegals who learned all the above from American education return to Mexico to improve the country. I am sure the kids are capable after being educated.. the same education Americans get in the home. Mexican culture is very different. Different focus. Those kids don't want to go back... I dont blame them. But if all illegals returned I am sure they could make a bigger contribution to Mexico than to the so called contribution to the US.

(imo a contribution is like profit.... after all expenses and burden is payed for that is what is left)
Old 06-24-2009 | 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

With the Mexican flag thing....I can agree with you on the whole flaunt thing. If you're proud to be a Mexican....be proud but don't wave it around when trying to get help from the U.S. Sure your roots are in Mexico but we're in the U.S. now, be proud of that.

I'm American-Mexican, American first.....so don't get me wrong. I'm all for the U.S. But i've seen both sides of this issue.
I, along with most people in this country(who have TRUELY dealt with this issue), would agree with most of what you are saying here, and I respect that. Just remember the order, man! You know? Dont get so wrapped up in this that you feel like you have to take a side and wind up on the other b/c of your heritage. You are an American. We NEED more folks like you to take a stance like you have, to moderate, and to tell these guys, "HEY, DONT **** WHERE YOU EAT"!
Old 06-24-2009 | 12:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WizeAss
American Math
American Science
American Jobs
American Dollar
American Prosperity
American Dream....

hmmmmm what does Mexico offer other than cheap labor for a majority of uneducated workers? Hell, in a few year robots will replace them. Who builds GM cars??? A damn computer.

The best thing that can take place in Mexico is for Illegals who learned all the above from American education return to Mexico to improve the country. I am sure the kids are capable after being educated.. the same education Americans get in the home. Mexican culture is very different. Different focus. Those kids don't want to go back... I dont blame them. But if all illegals returned I am sure they could make a bigger contribution to Mexico than to the so called contribution to the US.

(imo a contribution is like profit.... after all expenses and burden is payed for that is what is left)

tell that to your U.A.W. buddy's. They seem to have a different opinion.
Old 06-24-2009 | 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

That's only because they'd have to do a lot of swimming to get over here. I'm done, you're just an idiot. You say it's not a race issue but yet from the get-go it's been all about the mexicans. There's just as many other ethnicities involved but Mexico is the big issue. Take your *** over to the Political forums and discuss this with other people such as yourself. I'm late for lunch and the PINCHE ENCHILADAS are getting cold.
90% of illegals come from Latin countries... 70% directly from Mexico!

K? That is why it is about Mexico... they are the ones on our border that don't leave and come here illegally. Do you Canadians doing the same thing? What about folks from Europe? etc????

What is wrong with Mexican people? Are they just not as smart? Must be the lack of proper education. Heck, do you realize that we Americans recognize the importance of food, water, shelter, and education?
Old 06-24-2009 | 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

tell that to your U.A.W. buddy's. They seem to have a different opinion.
why do you think GM went bankrupt? UAW was the reason why. That and the marketing department and greed of GM.

GM had 19% of the US auto industry... that does not warrant a co. bailout. Now I do think the supply chain needed to be protected..... that was obvious and I am sure us conservatives have no issue with that... but a bailout and so called stimulus.... looks like Hugo Chavez is running the Executive Branch of our government now.

$70/hr vs $42/hr that toyota pays in the US!
Old 06-24-2009 | 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe we should worry more about this and less on trying to bitch slap Mexico...

NKorea threatens US; world anticipates missile
Buzz Up Send
Email IM Share
Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print AP – South Korean war veterans wave national flags during a rally denouncing North Korea's nuclear program …
Slideshow:North Korea Play Video Video:South Korea unveils new missile AP Play Video Video:Vigil To Be Held For Imprisoned Journalists CBS 2 / KCAL 9 Los Angeles By HYUNG-JIN KIM, Associated Press Writer Hyung-jin Kim, Associated Press Writer – 45 mins ago
SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea accused Washington of seeking to "provoke a second Korean War" as the regime prepared to hold maritime military exercises off the eastern coast.

U.S. and regional authorities were watching closely for signs that North Korea might fire short- or mid-range missiles during the June 25 to July 10 timeframe cited in a no-sail ban for military drills sent to Japan's Coast Guard.

North Korea had warned previously it would fire a long-range missile as a response to U.N. Security Council condemnation of an April rocket launch seen as a cover for its ballistic missile technology.

An underground nuclear test last month drew more Security Council action: a resolution seeking to clamp down on North Korea's trading of banned arms and weapons-related material by requiring U.N. member states to request inspections of ships carrying suspected cargo.

In a first test of the new resolution, a North Korean ship suspected of transporting illicit weapons was sailing off China's coast with a U.S. destroyer close behind.

The Kang Nam, which left the North Korean port of Nampo a week ago, is believed bound for Myanmar, South Korean and U.S. officials said.

Myanmar state television downplayed the reports of a possible weapons shipment Wednesday evening, saying another North Korean vessel was expected to pick up a load of rice but that the government had no information about the Kang Nam.

A senior U.S. defense official said Wednesday that the ship had already cleared the Taiwan Strait.

He said he didn't know how much range the Kang Nam has — that is, whether or when it may need to stop in some port to refuel — but that the Kang Nam has in the past stopped in Hong Kong's port.

Another U.S. defense official said he tended to doubt reports that the Kang Nam was carrying nuclear-related equipment, saying the information officials have received seems to indicate the cargo is conventional munitions.

The U.S. officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were discussing intelligence.

Officials said last week that they believed the ship was carrying smaller arms, though they didn't elaborate.

North Korea has said it would consider interception of its ships a declaration of war, and on Wednesday accused the U.S. of seeking to start another Korean War.

"If the U.S. imperialists start another war, the army and people of Korea will ... wipe out the aggressors on the globe once and for all," a dispatch from the official Korean Central News Agency said.

The warning came on the eve of the 59th anniversary of the outbreak of the Korean War. The brutal fighting ended after three years in a truce in 1953, not a peace treaty, leaving the peninsula divided and in a state of war. The U.S. has 28,500 troops in South Korea to protect against an outbreak of hostilities.

On Wednesday, the top U.S. commander in South Korea, Gen. Walter Sharp, praised soldiers from U.S.-led U.N. forces who died fighting the "tyranny" of communist North Korea decades ago.

"A North Korean victory in the Korean War would have brought the nightmare of tyranny to this great land, thrusting the citizens of the Republic of Korea into a darkness that their northern counterparts have yet to emerge from," he said a commemoration ceremony Wednesday, referring to South Korea by its official name, the Republic of Korea.

Reports about possible missile launches from the North highlighted the state of tension on the Korean peninsula.

A senior South Korean government official said the no-sail ban is believed connected to North Korean plans to fire short- or mid-range missiles. He spoke on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

Yonhap reported that the North may fire a Scud missile with a range of up to 310 miles (500 kilometers) or a short-range ground-to-ship missile with a range of 100 miles (160 kilometers) during the no-sail period.

U.S. defense and counterproliferation officials in Washington said they also expected the North to launch short- to medium-range missiles. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence.

South Korea will expedite the introduction of high-tech unmanned aerial surveillance systems and "bunker-buster" bombs in response to North Korea's provocations, the Chosun Ilbo newspaper said, citing lawmakers.

Meanwhile, a flurry of diplomatic efforts were under way to try getting North Korea to return to disarmament talks.

Russia's top nuclear envoy, Alexei Borodavkin, said after meeting with his South Korean counterpart that Moscow is open to other formats for discussion since Pyongyang has pulled out of formal six-nation negotiations.

In Beijing, top U.S. and Chinese defense officials also discussed North Korea. U.S. Defense Undersecretary Michele Flournoy was heading next to Tokyo and Seoul for talks.

South Korea has proposed high-level "consultations" to discuss North Korea with the U.S., Russia, China and Japan.

___

Associated Press writers Jae-soon Chang in Seoul, and Pauline Jelinek, Pamela Hess and Lolita Baldor in Washington contributed to this report.
Old 06-24-2009 | 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFG2P-toC6k
Old 06-24-2009 | 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with the above poster about N. Korea, it's an overt threat to this country and has a higher priority than the broken immigration system.

And to the O.P., I offer my opninion on the healthcare aspect of the illegal Mexicans you seem to loathe as I work in the healthcare field. When we see illegal Mexicans come into our facility, the vast majority of them pay or offer to pay in cash, rarely do they have medicaid. More often than not, however, we see your beloved American citizens pull up in late model if not brand new cars, Medicaid card proudly in their hands. When it is explained to them that we do not take Medicaid and they actually have to pay for their visit if they wish to be seen, they are usually pissed and say that we have to see them. There is a huge sense of entitlement for these "citizens" who routinely show up with nicer jewelry, watches, phones, and cars than most of us working in the clinic/hospital have, yet they have Medicaid.

This is the problem with our system, our own lazy, scheming citizens who know how to manipulate the system and are ballsy enough to ask for prescriptions for aspirin and ibuprofen so they can use their Medicaid cards and not have to spend the extra $3. Ask any ER physician or nurse what part of the population drags the healthcare system down, it's not illegals. Go and take a look in the ER lobby of Methodist Willowbrook or SW Memorial, and see which patients are there for BS visits and not actual emergencies, again, not the illegals.

And just one little comment on the whole border crossing issue, have you looked into who is actually crossing ? You may be surprised to find out that it's not just Mexican citizens coming in from Mexico. On the contrary, there are also many Arabic, Indian and other citizens coming in, some food for thought at the least....
Old 06-24-2009 | 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn!!! 4 pages of all kinds of crap and I don't think Mike has said even once that the issue he is talking about is Obama's fault???

What's up with that?
Old 06-24-2009 | 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Damn!!! 4 pages of all kinds of crap and I don't think Mike has said even once that the issue he is talking about is Obama's fault???

What's up with that?
i am not an Obama fan by any means what so ever, i think he is destroying our country promoting his radical liberal agenda, but he is not to blame for our border and imigration problem. it started way before him and we have set back and let it happen.

i think i have a solution to this problem. we send our troops down to wipe out the cartels and then we take over Mexico. they all want to come here and we all want to vacation there. that seems like a win/win situation to me. problem solved everyone is happy. shortly after i will be moving to Cozumel.

Last edited by boostnificent; 06-24-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-24-2009 | 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

4 pages and no lock? That's surprising! I'm just gonna continue reading and not stir the pot.
Old 06-24-2009 | 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by boostnificent
i am not an Obama fan by any means what so ever, i think he is destroying our country promoting his radical liberal agenda, but he is not to blame for our border and imigration problem. it started way before him and we have set back and let it happen.

i think i have a solution to this problem. we send our troops down to wipe out the cartels and then we take over Mexico. they all want to come here and we all want to vacation there. that seems like a win/win situation to me. problem solved everyone is happy. shortly after i will be moving to Cozumel.
Hmm... Thats an idea! Make Mexico a part of America! Then we become the biggest country on the planet and you'll would'nt be able to blame our problems on mexico crossing the boarders!! I agree with said above! We have just as many if not more people spunging off the system yet we point the blame away from us to make our selves feel better about what "we" are doing! Again lets focus on more pressing matters such as N. Korea and the "end of the United states"
Old 06-24-2009 | 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by boostnificent
it started way before him and we have set back and let it happen.
Absolutely!

I'm not getting into any of the political things here since, as a non-citizen (haven't gotten around to that yet) immigrant (legal at that, and not from anywhere south of the border), I can not vote.

My comment was just to make a sarcastic remark about OP, because of the history he has with posting about Obama.

Okay... Carry on, people.
Old 06-24-2009 | 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default hahahahahaha

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
yup! I must be stupid cause Vette said so! Grow a pair and come back when your ready to talk with the big "kids"
I am not going anywhere little turd>>>>>>
You are not a BIG KID hahahahaha
Old 06-24-2009 | 07:27 PM
Launching!

I agree with the OP for the most part. Some people against him have given a fair argument, but what it all boils down to, is that illegal immigrants do affect us, weather we know it or not.

I agree that it's bullshit that our taxes go to help support people who do not either care or desire to be legal immigrants and who do take jobs and "steal" money.

I will say this, I litterally am considered to be in "poverty", but the last damn thing I'm gonna do is ask the gov't for help.

A few people were right in saying that some people do abuse the system, and buy unnecessary cars, clothes and jewelry, but they got lucky being born in the US. Best thing to help this situation is to prevent thousands more from doing the same.

If Mexico is such a ****-hole and you need to work here to support your family, why don't you budget a paycheck and do all the proper things to bring them here (i.e. get citizenship yourself, learn the language, pay for classes for your family to learn the language, buy a plane ticket, pass citizenship test, etc.)

Sure there might be other issues, such as N. Korea, but in my personal opinion I think they're full of ****. Sounds more to me like Pearl Harbor should have been, instead of what people have taken it as. They let a warning out with the intention of us intercepting it, but this time the other country's plan worked like it was supposed to. Sure they have weapons of mass destruction, but deep down we all know they're just a bunch of pussies looking for a fight.

I can't help but think that things would turn out a lot better if we could control our borders and enforce the laws from the very first post in this thread.

P.S. If the OP REALLY wants my vote, he'll add:

1) Anyone recieving medicare/medicade or welfare should be required to take a random drug test. I'm required to do it to keep my job, so why don't you to take part of my hard earned money. And,

2) An IQ test should be required before conceiving a child and any couple who cannot pass the test before delivery should have to pay an extra tax for each child. There's too many idiots in this world to have the dumbest of the dumb reproduce...
Old 06-24-2009 | 07:31 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Joe you hit a great point on you two added requirements!
Old 06-24-2009 | 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
My point? You all have a virus called hate! We are the "UNITED" states of america... So who gives you the right to decide what legal foreigners can and cant have! sounds like stallin tryin to come up the ladder to me!!!!

8. If foreigners come here and buy land... options will be restricted.
Certain parcels including waterfront property are reserved for
citizens naturally born into this country.

1. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools.

What??? Are you kidding me? Ok you just assume that legal imagrents were born here or know how to speak english the second they cross the bordor?? your stupid

Last time I checked we are ALL foreigners... AND YES WHAT YOU SPUE IS CALLED HATE.
am I the only one that finds it funny that you are calling him stupid, yet you don't know how to spell BORDER? Also you don't know whether to use "you're or your".
Old 06-24-2009 | 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

I understand both sides, but what people are failing to do is point the finger where it belongs; on our government.

It's easy for some people to hate the illegals for coming here, but they can only take advantage of flaws present in the first place.

A comparison would be hackers breaking into a network. They may be able to expose a weakness in an unpatched piece of 3rd party software or software not updated properly, but those responsible for network security are usually all over it and keep the network secure.

Even when the occasional intrusion occurs, security engineers correct the portion of the network that has been compromised and the game begins all over again, never-ending.

The point to this long example is those responsible for the border should be held to the same standard since it is all about security.

Quick Reply: I am running for office on 1 single issue... would you vote for me?