Thunder Road Raceway Gilliam La. Friday TnT 7pm till 1am

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009 | 12:19 PM
Teching In

Default Thunder Road Raceway Gilliam La. Friday TnT 7pm till 1am

You guys come on out to the dragstrip and make some passes. Gates open at 7pm Racing from 8pm till 1am $10.00 to watch $20.00 to race Hope to see ya'll out there.
Old 07-04-2009 | 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

This is the second time I've went to Thunder Road since it opened. Something absolutely has to be done about the track prep and the timing system. Last time there was zero timing by the time I made my 1 pass. This time was pro tree only, and there were times when people weren't getting a slip at all. The prep is really bad. I don't know if the time isn't spent on the prep because it's just a test and tune night or what, but it's hard to test and tune when the cars just blow the tires off. I've been to several other tracks recently with the same setup and it dead hooked there, so I know it isn't the car. Everyone in the pits was complaining about the lack of track prep. In my opinion, this is part of the reason it didn't make any money when it was Red River Raceway. Most people would rather drive further to a track that will hook. Please don't take this as bashing Thunder Road, just trying to convey the concerns of the racers there. Hopefully everything will get sorted out and we will have a great track.
Old 07-04-2009 | 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed
This is the second time I've went to Thunder Road since it opened. Something absolutely has to be done about the track prep and the timing system. Last time there was zero timing by the time I made my 1 pass. This time was pro tree only, and there were times when people weren't getting a slip at all. The prep is really bad. I don't know if the time isn't spent on the prep because it's just a test and tune night or what, but it's hard to test and tune when the cars just blow the tires off. I've been to several other tracks recently with the same setup and it dead hooked there, so I know it isn't the car. Everyone in the pits was complaining about the lack of track prep. In my opinion, this is part of the reason it didn't make any money when it was Red River Raceway. Most people would rather drive further to a track that will hook. Please don't take this as bashing Thunder Road, just trying to convey the concerns of the racers there. Hopefully everything will get sorted out and we will have a great track.
I have cut some of my best 60's at that track.
Old 07-04-2009 | 03:15 PM
11 Second Club

You wouldn't have last night. They even had to close the right lane last night after a motorcycle broke an oil pan and then almost put 2 cars into the wall after their "prep" work.
Old 07-05-2009 | 10:52 AM
10 Second Club

I wonder how well it hooks on saturday night bracket programs?!

A guy from shreveport went a few weeks back on a friday night and was blowing the tires away and could not seem to get it to half way hook. He went to prescott the next friday night and tied his best 60ft. NA (1.48) in worse DA then went a 1.41 60ft. on the hose. This was back to back weekends with no changes to the car.

I think or hope with time TRR can get the track sticking good for us but they need to get a steady bracket program with payouts and points in order to get the big tire cars to play and lay down rubber to keep the track consistant.
Old 07-05-2009 | 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

I agree. That would help a ton. I take it you and Greg have just been going to Prescott then?
Old 07-05-2009 | 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

I have not been to prescott in about 3 months but greg has been going some here lately.

Might try to run at TRR on a saturday night bracket program to see if it hooks better. I used to 60ft. alot better at RRR on saturday nights vs. friday nights.
Old 07-05-2009 | 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

Might be worth a shot. I think I'll wait and see if anyone has any luck. I may just put mine in hibernation until it starts to cool off. It's just way too hot.

Quick Reply: Thunder Road Raceway Gilliam La. Friday TnT 7pm till 1am