Car has 138K miles on it. Headers good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FasTimeSS
Seriously your a fu**en idiot. Just sell your car because it has high mileage it may look good, but don't worry just SELL it. Like you can go out and buy 1998-2002 Ls1 F-bodys brand new still.

Shackelford here is what you need.

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...id=181&catid=8

make sure that you get ceramic coated, egr provisions, and 02 extensions they offer it all there.

That is absolutely everything
Thanks, man. I'll see if one of the TS&P guys on here can hook me up with a good price. Now, I just need to know how much the installation and tune will cost me.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Thanks, man. I'll see if one of the TS&P guys on here can hook me up with a good price. Now, I just need to know how much the installation and tune will cost me.
FYI check out craigslist too, I found my headers and the y-pipe either on Tech or craigslist but didnt pay that new price..just a thought everyone seems to be getting rid of stuff cheap right now.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FasTimeSS
Seriously your a fu**en idiot. Just sell your car because it has high mileage it may look good, but don't worry just SELL it. Like you can go out and buy 1998-2002 Ls1 F-bodys brand new still.

Shackelford here is what you need.

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...id=181&catid=8

make sure that you get ceramic coated, egr provisions, and 02 extensions they offer it all there.

That is absolutely everything
And the dumbass arrogent fucktard of the day award goes to you.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Hey, you guys don't get my thread closed just yet. lol.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shackleford
honestly, I have a 99 auto and i did longtubes with 3in duals and the car learned it very well. before that i did a LS6 intake swap and had the same outcome, car idled high at first but after driving it around she calmed down and learned the extra air it was getting.

The auto cars tend to have a better learning curve when it comes to increased air flow and velocity. my car untuned with longtubes and a LS6 intake put down 343hp/343tq....

so really if you can't afford the tune now, about 20-30 min of driving the car around using all the RPM's to give the computer as much info as possible and the car will run fine.

just a thought.

my car is still untuned and she holds her own, drives great, and gets 26mpg
Old 08-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Banned

Yea you don't need to spend the money for a tune, like the postman said your computer will do a little adjusting and thats all you need, you won't even notice a difference. Any shop is going to charge you like 300-350 bucks for the install, might as well do them yourself it's very easy.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:24 PM
12 Second Club

It helps and it will get you hp but it's not completely needed unless your running extremely rich for an extended period of time. In the end you will need a tune to take full advantage of all your bolt ons
Old 08-10-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
I will hang that on the wall of fame. But seriously why would someone just sell there car you seriously must be 16.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just thought a lower mile car would be a better base. No matter what you have done to it, it still has 138k miles and that doesn't look good for re-sale, but obviously he isn't selling it so it doesn't matter. I don''t know why I brought that up so forget I said it.