Moving to Texas (Plano)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moving to Texas (Plano)

Moving down to Plano about the end of Sept, beginning of October.
Got the apartment set up and everything, Once i get down there i will have to find some of these cruises i keep seeing on here.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn so you just decided just to pack your **** up in ohio and move to texas just like that do you have a job lined up ? It's really not my buisness but just thought I would ask......
Old 08-24-2009, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah the wife has a job. I am going to be the one to stay home with the kids now.
Her job will be worth more than both of us working here in Ohio. And we get to save on Child care Expenses.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'll be in the area, maybe I'll see ya 'round town!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Dont go for spirited drives in Plano, and dont go for a couple drinks and drive back home to Plano, also dont speed in Plano.

....oh and make sure your inspection is up to date and you registration. And while I'm on the subject, make sure you're tint is legal. Hmm...if at all possible try to remotely operate your house from another municipality

Just giving you a hard time *for the most part*...Plano is a pretty nice side of Dallas. Enjoy your stay!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quickblue2
Dont go for spirited drives in Plano, and dont go for a couple drinks and drive back home to Plano, also dont speed in Plano.

....oh and make sure your inspection is up to date and you registration. And while I'm on the subject, make sure you're tint is legal. Hmm...if at all possible try to remotely operate your house from another municipality

Just giving you a hard time *for the most part*...Plano is a pretty nice side of Dallas. Enjoy your stay!
The same goes for Richardson. Their cops are a pain. However, Plano is a nice place to live. I lived there for 4 years and grew up in DFW. You should like it there.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's all very true. Grew up in Plano, Drove there with both my Camaro's and as along as you don't drive like an idiot they will usually leave you alone.

They haven't bothered me about no front plates or my tint. I'm always doing almost exactly the speed limit most of the time too tho when I see them. (knock on wood)
Old 08-26-2009, 02:57 AM
Staging Lane

Watch what you do if your in the neighboring city Allen... They love me, and if your car is anything but a toyota camry they will love you too.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you know what they call a F-body in Plano?

A Plano F-body.

Sorry, it's still early.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

I moved here about 2 months ago. The DAY i got done with my headers I went for a test drive. Well, I'm from houston where the roads actually make sense. Plano has these damn melons of road reflectors on some of their roads... things are massive. I ran over one or two and it bent my rim and thrashed one of my tires. Cost me a little over 250 to replace everything... and i was only going about 20 mph when it happened. Just be aware that Plano roads are pretty f'ed up in some places, but as a whole are pretty nice.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

lol those are the big city ******* you hit...
Old 09-01-2009, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

Well we have set a date for getting down there. SHould be somewhere between the 29-30th of September. Will have to find some of the meets when i get there.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Speaking of cops in Plano...i got a ticket for my license plate light being out, seriously...he wrote me the ticket and it cost me 160 bucks. When i got home and walked around the back of the car, IT WAS EFFING WORKING!!!

I saw him in court and then when we were outside he said he had to write me b/c my tires were bald and i hadn't registered my car in Texas. I had some Nitto 555R's that maybe had 3000 miles on them back then in December, i just measured them 10 sec ago and they have 4/32'nds. My registration was still current in California, so i wasn't about to waste money getting it done here.

Anywho, other than that i haven't had any problems with the law in Plano, can't believe that dude wouldn't let me slide.

Regarding plates and tint, it's the State Troopers that you need to watch out for...those are 2 major revenue streams for them.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Whats up. I was born in Plano, me and the wife live a few mins north in Mckinney. Welome to the area. Hit me up when yall get here. You will need to get away from those kids and go cruise!!