I just bought a new slim line PS3

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just bought a new slim line PS3

I couldnt pass up on it. They're sellin the 120gb systems for $299. I've not bought a new game console in awhile and i'm glad I bought the one I did. Its hard for me to pull myself away from the damn thing lol. I bought Bioshock and gona buy Madden 2day. How many ppl on here play online?
Old 08-29-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I play online often, just bought me another unit after I sold my 1st one, damn shoulda waited for the price drop, I'm currently hooked on UFC 09...but play Socom, RSV2 mainly...
Old 08-29-2009, 07:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got rid of my xbox solely for socom on the ps3 got the game and it was awful. i then got my xbox back again and will never look back. netflix is really what made me get my xbox back. congrats on the purchase though.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you like fun, kids style games Little Big Planet is a Blast. 4 player is complete caos, but fun.

Some of the games do output 1080p so you get some pretty killer resolutions. Just waiting for God of War III.

I do miss my xbox 360, but after I got the RROD 3 freeking times I just couldn't take it anymore so I sold it and bought my PS3. Blue Ray > netflix, have AT&T uverse for movies.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JRC2000SS
I couldnt pass up on it. They're sellin the 120gb systems for $299. I've not bought a new game console in awhile and i'm glad I bought the one I did. Its hard for me to pull myself away from the damn thing lol. I bought Bioshock and gona buy Madden 2day. How many ppl on here play online?
whos selling them?
Old 08-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
i got rid of my xbox solely for socom on the ps3 got the game and it was awful. i then got my xbox back again and will never look back. netflix is really what made me get my xbox back. congrats on the purchase though.
I play gears of war online...***** DA BOMB

i GOT THE XBOX360-WII-FIRST GEN NINTENDO- PS3 IS NEXT!
Old 08-29-2009, 11:48 PM
12 Second Club

I play gears every now and then. Forza is my favorite though
Old 08-30-2009, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I hear the new madden sucks, its like a slot machine, just keep adding money, you'll get this when you have played it...
Old 08-30-2009, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have the 360 and i work at best buy in the computers and gaming sections and i think the 360 is better than the ps3 we sell the new ps3s by the way

reasons include: online gameplay, larger selection of games, versatility of console.

online gameplay - yes, i know playstation network is free, but it sucks. the playstation network is unreliable, slow, and mildly supported at best. xbox live is a paid service and is constantly upgraded to match the expanding number of players. you get what you pay for.

larger selection of games - the playstation's number of games has increased and there are a few cool exclusive titles, but the 360 has more games to choose from and has several really good games that have been knockouts: halo and gears of war for example.

the ps3 has blu-ray... okay, so does my laptop and i've never used the feature although i paid 150 extra just to get the upgrade. blu-ray is very expensive and most of the ps3's games are still in 720p anyhow. that being said, the 360 can actually sync up to my laptop over my wireless or wired network and play movies, music, and television shows that are stored on the computer as well as browse my photos, all on my 50 inch lcd tv thanks to windows media center. the 360 is more versatile and can be used for more than just movies and games. also, you have to jump through hoops just to figure out whether or not your ps3 can play ps2 games, when i know that my 360 can play regular xbox games with the download of a small, simple compatibility patch.

now the fact of the matter is that the ps3 is more reliable - or so i've heard - but the 360 offers a three year warranty against what goes wrong most often.

just my opinion. please nobody get offended, i'm just trying to shed some light on the subject.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bluebird00
whos selling them?
i got mine at best buy. one of my friends hit me up wit a txt bout a week ago and told me that they would be comin in. the day after they hit the shelf i was there. now the only reason why i didnt get an xbox is due to the fact my bro already has one. so it wouldnt have made ne sense in buyin another xbox.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:14 AM
Launching!

Well put dewey
Old 08-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Teching In

I play online a lot, PewterLs1 is my tag name.. I play call of duty 4 a lot. Modern warfare 2 is coming out in 2 months. Already have it pre ordered I suggest getting it!
Old 08-30-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

i used to be really good at CoD 4 but got all the achievements, golden guns, and challenges completed and got bored. i mostly play WaW now and i would say i'm decent but really cannot wait for Modern 2 to come out. i've already got it preordered and paid in full.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by honeycutt.dewey
i have the 360 and i work at best buy in the computers and gaming sections and i think the 360 is better than the ps3 we sell the new ps3s by the way

reasons include: online gameplay, larger selection of games, versatility of console.

online gameplay - yes, i know playstation network is free, but it sucks. the playstation network is unreliable, slow, and mildly supported at best. xbox live is a paid service and is constantly upgraded to match the expanding number of players. you get what you pay for.

larger selection of games - the playstation's number of games has increased and there are a few cool exclusive titles, but the 360 has more games to choose from and has several really good games that have been knockouts: halo and gears of war for example.

the ps3 has blu-ray... okay, so does my laptop and i've never used the feature although i paid 150 extra just to get the upgrade. blu-ray is very expensive and most of the ps3's games are still in 720p anyhow. that being said, the 360 can actually sync up to my laptop over my wireless or wired network and play movies, music, and television shows that are stored on the computer as well as browse my photos, all on my 50 inch lcd tv thanks to windows media center. the 360 is more versatile and can be used for more than just movies and games. also, you have to jump through hoops just to figure out whether or not your ps3 can play ps2 games, when i know that my 360 can play regular xbox games with the download of a small, simple compatibility patch.

now the fact of the matter is that the ps3 is more reliable - or so i've heard - but the 360 offers a three year warranty against what goes wrong most often.

just my opinion. please nobody get offended, i'm just trying to shed some light on the subject.
No offense here, I have them both.

Xbox 360 - game machine. I know it has the netflix thing, but I dont really rent movies much.
PS3 - Blu-ray movies. The visuals are terrific and cnn.com rated it as the #1 blu-ray player as of about 6 mos ago.. Still need to pick up a remote since using the controller kinda stinks.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:26 AM
12 Second Club

I'm on my 2nd 360, the first one I purchased new when they first came out. It took about a year for it to RROD on me, sent it in, they sent me back a refurbished one and I haven't had a single problem since.

I'll probably be buying the PS3 when GT5 releases... and by the looks of it, they'll have the PS3 ultra-slim out by then.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

i jus wish that they would make a good racing game either for the 360 or ps3. ive not played a good one in years. the last decent one i played was forza 1 and forza 2... not bad but still nuthin like the old need for speeds or gran turismo's
Old 08-31-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im on the PS3 pretty much every evening.... feel free to look me up

and i completely agree about the racing game, at least for a street car game.... off-road though, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift was pretty good....
Old 08-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Launching!

i play ncaa10 online my sn is 1s1346z28 hit me up if n e of yall want some of them hornz
Old 08-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're a Madden fanatic, you should join my site: www.maddenlounge.com/forums

Bunch of cool guys, tournaments, online leagues etc...
Old 08-31-2009, 05:47 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

I ordered one too. I have been wanting a new PS3 for a while now but didnt' want to spend the 400+ bucks on it. Then I saw the slim one coming out and at a $100 off I had to buy it. I don't play games too much. Put I want Tiger Woods Golf 10 and the new call of duty. Plus I like that it plays blue Ray dvd's and that is the major reason why I bought it.