Trouble with HPE

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HPE has always taken care of me. I have never had any problems with my car or my tune.

THANKS HPE
Old 09-22-2009, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Scira
Odd. You'd think if a customer wasn't happy with the product, the company would fix it. I'm glad with the choice I made, 110% happy here. That's just my .02

You would think so. The day and age of great customer service and making it right with the customer are gone in most cases. There are still a few places that practice good buisness. I wonder how much money this one thread will cost these guys over $125?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
You still have to do your homework with sponsors. There is a shop in this area that is a sponsor that can't tune either, is known for shoddy work, and is more worried about a few $ than keeping a customer.

The bad thing is that sponsors have been protected in here with threads being deleted so the word doesn't get out like it should.
Honestly, dealing with a bad sponsor makes you question all the sponsors. If I was a sponsor on here with a good reputation, I wouldn't want them associated with me through here.

Exactly. Just being a sponsor does not make them fail proof or make them always man up.

(Not talking about anyone in particular, just a general statement)
Old 09-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Teching In

hpe did my clutch and header install im satisfied with the work> thanks hpe
Old 09-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary@HPE
Youguessit:
You asked me to adjust the tune without being on the dyno. I asked you if we had tuned it, you said yes. I said if you just want the idle to be adjusted I would charge 50.00.
Well when your buddy gets here, he says when can we get our car on the dyno. I said you will be first. Therefore, we spent and hour and a half retuning a your car. We charge 125.00 for retunes, its been the same for 5 years.
If the tune wasnt correct in the first place why would you recharge him to "fix" it
Old 09-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Some tunes are very hard to get right depending on the set-up .. But customer service is number one in my book and many others also.. If its not done right the first time i just got to eat the time and the labor to fix it. no companies dont make money that way on the car but that person will be satisfied and will most likely get on the forums like this one and promote the work that was done and the extra time that is spent on the car/truck. there for in the long run ... MO MONEY... instead of bashing the company

Carl S.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SLOC5LS6
I had my tune once done at HPE and they made 15rwhp more over my previous shop's tune. I also had my work redone at HPE and have never had any problems, they always took care of me and on the streets everyone always thought I was stroked or blown not knowing I just had a mere H/C stock bottom 346, just based on how hard my car ran.
Originally Posted by missc6
HPE has always taken care of me. I have never had any problems with my car or my tune.

THANKS HPE
Originally Posted by gcodetx
hpe did my clutch and header install im satisfied with the work> thanks hpe
all these posters have a small amt of posts... me thinks its fisshhyyy
Old 09-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Restricted User

HPE has done more than enough to take care of me.

Juestguessin.. Just curious but what year is your car?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Youguessit:
You asked me to adjust the tune without being on the dyno. I asked you if we had tuned it, you said yes. I said if you just want the idle to be adjusted I would charge 50.00.
Well when your buddy gets here, he says when can we get our car on the dyno. I said you will be first. Therefore, we spent and hour and a half retuning a your car. We charge 125.00 for retunes, its been the same for 5 years.
Like another member previously mentioned. If it is not done right the first time why should i pay for a retune... And look its not like i want to completely discredit you.... but the whole k-member install fiasco a couple of years ago where is was supposed to be done and i had to come up there 4 times and end up getting the thing aligned myself because yall kept jerking me around (not previous owner, YOU). It really makes it hard to believe that yall care about customer service. Dont worry i wont be up there againt to complain... id rather pay 450 first time tune a g-force. Usually its 500... but they have good customer service and felt bad for me and hooked me up... see customer service+customer= business. Win Win
Old 09-22-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
all these posters have a small amt of posts... me thinks its fisshhyyy
Sounds like something they would do.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
yeah, A R D is TERRIBLE. Not to mention, owen priest is a ****** thief, liar, and a shitty person.
I am upset with hpe not owen.... Please do not bash his name unless you have a real experience with him and you present all the facts so that he may defend himself... That is what i did here... present the facts and give hpe a chance to defend themselves... THis proves truth in what i say.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by youguessit
I am upset with hpe not owen.... Please do not bash his name unless you have a real experience with him and you present all the facts so that he may defend himself... That is what i did here... present the facts and give hpe a chance to defend themselves... THis proves truth in what i say.
I do have experience with Owen. So do lots of other people on this site. Thanks for asking.

You wanna know the facts? Owen is a ******. That's what i'm presenting. Owen doesn't need to defend himself, he lost that battle a long time ago.... and he's lucky it didn't end up in court.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Launching!

I'm glad to see all the nut huggers are still floating around here. Amazing how some people can just go off on some shops or people for no reason or from something somebody said or 'supposedly' said. Whatever happened to people trying to help each other out or working **** out, nows its all this guys blows or **** them. You know what **** YOU!!! Bunch of cry baby bitches that have had their vaginas hurt in some little gay pissing match. Ive been around the performance scene for quite awhile and have seen good work and bad work come out of just about every shop that has been in or around the houston area and even a few not here. But you know what, nothing with these cars or ANY car is fool proof or perfect. You have to remember that all this stuff if man made and guess what, it doesnt always work the way it should or the way it was intended. Just tired of all this bullshit, some of you guys need to grow the **** up, this isnt high school any more. Sorry to the OP for jacking the thread, keep us updated to the problem, maybe some helpful people can chime in if we get some more info.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Youguessit:
I think the main issue is he paid for a Tune and the Tune was off....Why do you think the customer needs to pay for yalls **** up?

To prove some good comming of this I had a issue like this with my wifes GTO that G-Force tuned. I went back Mike tried it and could not fix the prob. So he refunded back the tune cost. This to me is top notch service.

Last edited by 1INSANEGTO; 09-22-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Just saying whats been said. Houston has always had a TUNER battle. All the shop nut hugging is so funny. Its not complicated, if you arent satisfied they should have some kind of compensation for the customer. One of the local area shops that tunes well for most people couldnt get my tune lined out but I wasnt charged for it either. I went to another tuner and he had it running great in no time. No Big Deal.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
I think the main issue is he paid for a Tune and the Tune was off....Why do you think the customer needs to pay for yalls **** up?

To prove some good comming of this I had a issue like this with my wifes GTO that G-Forced tuned. I went back Mike tried it and could not fix the prob. So he refunded back the tune cost. This to me is top notch service.

Thats the way it should be done, make it right, make the customer happy.

Hopefully this will come about for the OP.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Restricted User

Still waiting on an anwer to my question.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

There is bad stuff about every shop and every tuner, what most people on these boards cant seem to realize is, that it goes both ways. Certain customers you can never make happy and it would be impossible to try because the customer has unrealistic expectations. To the original OP, if you got so much **** going on and what not, honestly why are you trying to mod a car? Airing all your personal problems kind of makes it seem like a pitty post, especially when you say G-force felt bad for you. Any case, good luck with your car.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Just like some people say on here...there are good things and bad things about performance shops. Thats just the way it goes and if need be, the admin can delete bad stuff that people say about the vendors. But i will say that I worked at a shop before and we got a couple of bad tunes/work from a couple of shops..not going to say bc thats not right.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FMS_FTW
Still waiting on an anwer to my question.
2002 camaro a4