Trouble with HPE

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 11:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
So Tori when ya gonna let me tap that?
ha ha funny funny, no "tapping" allowed!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
I like how youguessit explain the situtation and you all comeback with is dumbass comments about post count. Really quit swinging from hpe nuts.

You really need to re-read the thread than. He started complaining and than everyone started jumping on the HPE hatewagon but when 2 or 3 people come in defending them from the rest of the pack of dumbasses they are blamed for being HPE troll accounts
Old 09-24-2009, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Guess I'll give my two cents, I have taken both my vehicles to hpe, for tunes n installs, they do great work n the tuner seems to work with you, now as far as customer service in my opionion needs work, there were days where I couldn't a hold of them, untill I *67 them......if you don't like the way they do business go elsewhere, plenty of shops in the area
Old 09-24-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FMS_FTW

You really need to re-read the thread than. He started complaining and than everyone started jumping on the HPE hatewagon but when 2 or 3 people come in defending them from the rest of the pack of dumbasses they are blamed for being HPE troll accounts
I don’t need to re-read the thread. You and the couple are hanging from hpe nuts. Your trying to find any reason to make the op look like an *** and make hpe look like a great shop. It does look funny how the only people that are backing them have just a few post. I've personally dealt with hpe a few times and I can personally say the customer service is terrible. So why don’t you re-read the thread and realize that hpe sucks ***.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:25 PM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

OK, so from what I can tell, this seems to be the timeline of events:

-OP had his car tuned at HPE by Owen
-OP unhappy with tune
-OP called HPE
-HPE doesn't call back
-OP talks to Owen
-OP eliminates possible mechanical faults
-HPE will "fix" tune, but charges OP a fee since 30 days has expired
-HPE "fixes" tune
-OP still unhappy with "fixed" tune and overall customer service

Is this basically correct?
Old 09-24-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HPE Chick
I can understand where you are saying Gary has not given you "proper customer service" but as you've stated you've been talking to Owen this whole time, correct? So why haven't you scheduled an appointment with Owen at HPE your self? If he is the only tuner(which from what I remember he is) that shouldn't be a problem, he would know exactly when he would be able to fit you in and you tell Owen exactly yourself what you wanted, not your buddy not your sisters friends brother whatever or whom ever you need to bring up the car. I've known Owen for many years and I'm sure he can find room for you even on a weekend to fix the problem. When you hear about HPE "tuning" problems everyone goes back to when Chuck owned the shop. Granted I haven't worked there in a year now, but I know I dealt with customer complaints and it was always taken care of so I am dumbstruck about why this is even a problem... Gary is a great owner and I think he did the right thing on this, if you have time to talk to Owen about all of your problems for the past THREE MONTHS than you have enough time to go up there yourself. I'm just sayin.....
What are you retarted! I got the tune through hpe so it only makes sense to go back there to get the tune fixed. Because they are to busy to call me back i need to take off work or class and drive and drive an hour just so i can get a hold of gary. You sound a little biased. I stayed in contact with owen because he gave me his ls1tech account. Im sure gary is a great guy.... That doesnt change the fact that i was never called back and couldnt get a hold of him till right before the last retune. Even then he said if he put it on the dyno he would only charge me 60. Then he charged me 120.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Robert B.
I think part of the problem is you went to a shop that uses another shops owner to "tune".
you might be right on that one.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KCS
OK, so from what I can tell, this seems to be the timeline of events:

-OP unhappy with tune
-OP called HPE
-HPE doesn't call back
-OP talks to Owen
-HPE "fixes" tune

Is this basically correct?
missing where i called several times not just once in between the first tune and the second... also where i replaced sensors and resealed intake manifold at owens suggestion. Like i said i wanted to make sure it wasnt something mechanical before i went pointing fingers at others. Still unhappy with fixed tune... yes, its better than before but car still wont start without giving it gas. It fires but seems like it needs more fuel. Main problem is hpe tunes so late they dont wait for the car to cool so that owen has an oportunity to tune the car cold. Then it makes him look like he dont know what the hell he's doing. Thats why i hate it when people tell me he is not capable of tuning my car.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

I don’t need to re-read the thread. You and the couple are hanging from hpe nuts. Your trying to find any reason to make the op look like an *** and make hpe look like a great shop. It does look funny how the only people that are backing them have just a few post. I've personally dealt with hpe a few times and I can personally say the customer service is terrible. So why don’t you re-read the thread and realize that hpe sucks ***.
I appreciate you helping me by pointing that out yourself. This whole thing where i put the whole story out to show that im not just complaining and they still try to say its me is one big pile of . And to the other guy who told me to stop complaining and just go somewhere else. Kiss my : . Its my god given right to let bring to light that i have been unfairly treated by someone. You look like a
Old 09-24-2009, 01:17 PM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by youguessit
missing where i called several times not just once in between the first tune and the second... also where i replaced sensors and resealed intake manifold at owens suggestion. Like i said i wanted to make sure it wasnt something mechanical before i went pointing fingers at others. Still unhappy with fixed tune... yes, its better than before but car still wont start without giving it gas. It fires but seems like it needs more fuel. Main problem is hpe tunes so late they dont wait for the car to cool so that owen has an oportunity to tune the car cold. Then it makes him look like he dont know what the hell he's doing. Thats why i hate it when people tell me he is not capable of tuning my car.
Yeah I think I got that:

-OP unhappy with tune
-OP called HPE (multiple times)
-HPE doesn't call back
-OP talks to Owen
-HPE "fixes" tune

Seems like it should be an easy fix for HPE to just retune your car, no charge, and at least get a rep for good customer service. Even if they are a shitty shop, there's more than a few who have survived on their customer service alone.

I have very little personal experience with HPE since Chuck left, so I'm not trying to pass judgement on anyone, but this is the sort of thing I keep hearing about them. Good luck to ya, hope it all gets sorted out.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Restricted User

My inner self is telling me to tell you to GFY but I know better than that. The OP had his car tuned at HPE by owen. Do you think Owen just does that for free? Have you even put in the thought to consider that the reason he was charged for the re-tune was because Owen wanted to get paid for coming up to a shop that wasn't his. There is a difference between trying to make the OP look like an *** and trying to establish who is really at fault. Most of my posts are in regional sections hence the low post count.. but maybe you knew that already oh king of intellect.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My inner self is telling me to tell you to GFY but I know better than that. The OP had his car tuned at HPE by owen. Do you think Owen just does that for free? Have you even put in the thought to consider that the reason he was charged for the re-tune was because Owen wanted to get paid for coming up to a shop that wasn't his. There is a difference between trying to make the OP look like an *** and trying to establish who is really at fault. Most of my posts are in regional sections hence the low post count.. but maybe you knew that already oh king of intellect.
Tell me how you dumb **** that the OP should pay for a tune that wasnt done correctly. If I go to HPE today to get a tune and my car isnt running right I except it to be fix. I dont care who tuned the car it is HPE responsibility to fix it. If Owen wants to charge HPE for **** ups on tunes they should get someone else to tune.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Restricted User

If I go to HPE today to get a tune and my car isnt running right I except it to be fix. If Owen wants to charge HPE for **** ups on tunes they should get someone else to tune.
The OP didn't do that. He had it tuned and left. Changed some things and talked to Owen and than 3 months later is complaining about being charged for a retune.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HPE Chick
ha ha funny funny, no "tapping" allowed!
Your not as fun as your sister
Old 09-24-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

The OP didn't do that. He had it tuned and left. Changed some things and talked to Owen and than 3 months later is complaining about being charged for a retune.
Your not very smart. I left because i couldnt tell anything was wrong till the next morning when i cold started it. And like i told your nut hugging self earlier i replaced anthing that could be at fault and the car did the same thing. I wanted to make sure it wasnts someting mechanical before i put blame on the tune. You are obviously biased and full of ****.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Banned

I'm not an HPE troll, but just a mere satisfied HPE customer
Old 09-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Banned

Your not very smart. I left because i couldnt tell anything was wrong till the next morning when i cold started it. And like i told your nut hugging self earlier i replaced anthing that could be at fault and the car did the same thing. I wanted to make sure it wasnts someting mechanical before i put blame on the tune. You are obviously biased and full of ****.

If it were me, after 3 phone calls and all with no answer or yanking my chains over the phone, regardless of how busy my schedule was, I would have been up there in person getting some answers and not sending my buddies out to handle a complaint I had with a company.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Restricted User

First of all if you are going to insult someone's intelligence make sure you know how to spell correctly. Secondly, how have I been nuthugging? Is it because I didn't jump on the bandwagon like your little sister JeaneZ28 and just start ranting, "HPE sucks go to (insert houston performance shop)"? Or is it because I tried to connect all the dots to see if you are in the wrong or if Owen is in the wrong or if Gary is in the wrong?
Old 09-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by SLOC5LS6
I'm not an HPE troll, but just a mere satisfied HPE customer
You mean you don't hate HPE? I guess you and I don't belong in this thread since the OP was clearly just wanting attention from the people who have nothing but negative things to say.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:59 PM

This one has been going long enough fellas..