Originally Posted by Randy_S
Compliments of 14.1 compression...

Any other questions?

Let me quess, 34*or 36* of timeing?
Old 09-23-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary@HPE
After looking back at my invoices, I see the last time we tuned YOUGUESSIT car was on 7/24/2009. The way I work, is I give every customer 30 days to give me a call if their tune needs to be changed at no charge(as long as they dont change anything). If you call me 3 months later and tell me you tune has changed, I am going to tell you we can retune it for you 125.00. Also after talking with Owen the car needed to have intake gaskets replaced and maybe other gaskets due to a vaccum leak. Therefore, we tuned the car as much as possible the first time with what we had. We didn't build the car, therefore we cant retune it 5 times because the car wasn't properly built.
I had called your shop back immediately but like i told you i when i finally did get a hold of you i had called 4 or 5 times and couldnt get a hold of you. It is not my fault your staff is useless (Joel). I did replace the gaskets on the intake manifold because owen recommended it... it does not change the fact that it had the same idle issues as before. You even said when i called you would let me put it on the dyno for 60 and then followed it with i dont... I also missed an appointment because joel told me to come in the next day for a tune and what he meant to say was come in today. I called before i came that next day because thats what i have to do with your shop... keep after you. And guess what owen wasnt tuning that day... go figure. A shop that dont know when it tunes.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

It seems to me Gary that you might be a great guy but nobody in your shop communicates with you to tell you these things that are going on... My buddy has been telling me the same thing... Almost ALL of the other complaints other people have come up with on here have been the same thing. Something tells me if you were right there you would have taken care of it. Remember when i talked to you on the phone and i told you i had tried to get a hold of you 4 or 5 times before and you said "Oh really". What do you think i was trying to get a hold of you for. Why do you think i was willing to pay another 50 or 60 dollars for the tune. Because i replaced so many parts in the efforts of helping the situation and do not deny that it might have affected the tune.... It still doesnt change the fact that the tune wasnt correct in the first place and still isnt correct. I am not hard to get along with... every time i go to your shop the least time i have waited is 2 hours to get in there and be serviced. sometimes 3 or 4. I dont complain or give you crap because im not trying to be a pain.... But your lack of customer service and the fact you appearently dont know whats going on in your own shop shows me that you are obviously not in control of the shop. Tell me why in that 2 or so month period you did not return any of my calls? Either nobody told you (probably the reason) or you didnt care. Either way i didnt get helped... the situation didnt get solved and it ended up here for everyone to see. Ask owen i had been in contact with him in efforts to fix the problem before pointing the finger of blame at the tune.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Restricted User

If you talked to owen the tuner then why didnt you ask him directly when was best for him to retune it.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:42 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by Randy_S
Compliments of 14.1 compression...

Any other questions?

LOL good ole chuck. I remember when you brought the car in for a tune. I pulled out timing and picked up 20 RWHP.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by demonpixel
I think basic problem solving applies here. When I have a discrepancy with someone, the problem ALWAYS gets solved with a compromise. Meet that person in the middle, they get a little of what they want, you get a little of what you want. Sure, your policy is 30 days. Was that made clear to the customer while your shop was making him unhappy? Being reasonable from both parties will get you closer to where you want to be and may actually renew your relationship. You know what a customer's policy is? Never to do business with a shop that only cares about company policy.

Youguessit IMO hasn't been disrespectful or out of line expressing his concerns. I work in advertising, and trust me, youguessit is nowhere near the category of irate customer. But Gary, what you sound like is "**** you, youguessit, this is our policy, too bad." Meet him in the middle somehow, he sounds reasonable.

Youguessit, man, I really feel bad for you. I feel bad for anyone that has a horrible experience with a shop. These cars mean more than just a car to many of us and being part of a community like this shouldn't include shitty experiences with shops that have poor customer service.

+10 on everything said about LMR. I have gone in there with the stupidest questions; last time I asked them if they had any bolts for LS1 front accessories, even though they were working on 500-1000hp high end cars. They were totally respectful, treated me the same as one of their high end customers, and did their damndest to get those bolts for me. Steven, Patrick, Jordan, all put up with me at the shop with a positive and friendly attitude, and I walk away with the best experience. They are just as cool on the phone too. Not tryin to sound like a nuthugger but you gotta give credit where it's due. LME, TSP, same thing, great shops, they make you feel like they care about your car as much as you do.

Gary@HPE, man, attitude like that will lose you customers, TRUST ME.
Everything positive you and what the other guy mentioned about LMR is the exact same experience I have had with HPE. Like you, I'm not trying to sound like a nuthugger either but I'm going off of the multiple experiences that I have had with them.

Youguessit.. You shouldn't be complaining about HPE charging you for the tune when you had been contacting Owen over and over again about your problem and not them. Have you thought about them charging you because that is what Owen wanted them to do?
Old 09-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Teching In

i dont know much what to say about this thread, i have had my cars at hpe for years, i get treated right so im not going to complain.
everyshop has there up and downs and every shop is going to get badmouthed by one person or a few more at one time or another, you cant make everyone happy just not possible.

to my understanding, the car had some mechanincal problems that couldnt be fixed through a tune, maybe i could be wrong, havnt read detailed through all the BS, i just skimmmed.

but if there is mechanincaly something wrong with your car, you need to get all that junk straightened out before you try to take it to a shop get a tune and expect that to solve all your problems.

now, heres my suggestion, go back to square one, and stop jumpin *** at first minute.

have a nice day young grasshoppe r
Old 09-23-2009, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Im sure a r d is great at LT1's.
wouldnt know, i was talking about hpe
Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FMS_FTW
Everything positive you and what the other guy mentioned about LMR is the exact same experience I have had with HPE. Like you, I'm not trying to sound like a nuthugger either but I'm going off of the multiple experiences that I have had with them.

Youguessit.. You shouldn't be complaining about HPE charging you for the tune when you had been contacting Owen over and over again about your problem and not them. Have you thought about them charging you because that is what Owen wanted them to do?
If you had read all the posts you would know that i called hpe 4 or 5 times but the owner would not return my calls.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slowblack00
i dont know much what to say about this thread, i have had my cars at hpe for years, i get treated right so im not going to complain.
everyshop has there up and downs and every shop is going to get badmouthed by one person or a few more at one time or another, you cant make everyone happy just not possible.

to my understanding, the car had some mechanincal problems that couldnt be fixed through a tune, maybe i could be wrong, havnt read detailed through all the BS, i just skimmmed.

but if there is mechanincaly something wrong with your car, you need to get all that junk straightened out before you try to take it to a shop get a tune and expect that to solve all your problems.

now, heres my suggestion, go back to square one, and stop jumpin *** at first minute.

have a nice day young grasshoppe r
I noticed this is your first post hmm suspicious... anyways if you had read everything you would notice that i had been trying to get a hold of the owner but he never seemed to return my calls. I also did what owen suggested and then some to make sure it wasnt mechanical. If you had gone through the whole thread you would know that. "young grasshopper"
Old 09-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Banned

If you will notice it still says 0 post will not change post count if posted in section forums/ non technical
Old 09-23-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gogto
If you will notice it still says 0 post will not change post count if posted in section forums/ non technical
Thanks for the ls1tech Lesson
Old 09-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by youguessit
If you had read all the posts you would know that i called hpe 4 or 5 times but the owner would not return my calls.
I have read all the posts.. I just still find it strange that you blame HPE for charging you to retune when Owen was the tuner.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I can understand where you are saying Gary has not given you "proper customer service" but as you've stated you've been talking to Owen this whole time, correct? So why haven't you scheduled an appointment with Owen at HPE your self? If he is the only tuner(which from what I remember he is) that shouldn't be a problem, he would know exactly when he would be able to fit you in and you tell Owen exactly yourself what you wanted, not your buddy not your sisters friends brother whatever or whom ever you need to bring up the car. I've known Owen for many years and I'm sure he can find room for you even on a weekend to fix the problem. When you hear about HPE "tuning" problems everyone goes back to when Chuck owned the shop. Granted I haven't worked there in a year now, but I know I dealt with customer complaints and it was always taken care of so I am dumbstruck about why this is even a problem... Gary is a great owner and I think he did the right thing on this, if you have time to talk to Owen about all of your problems for the past THREE MONTHS than you have enough time to go up there yourself. I'm just sayin.....
Old 09-24-2009, 03:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by youguessit
I noticed this is your first post hmm suspicious... anyways if you had read everything you would notice that i had been trying to get a hold of the owner but he never seemed to return my calls. I also did what owen suggested and then some to make sure it wasnt mechanical. If you had gone through the whole thread you would know that. "young grasshopper"
first of all, i did go through the whole thread, you obviously dont know who i am, and at this point im thankfull for that, for both our own good.

and if you take the time to go on my tab, click the little magic button that says "view more post" , not to mention that if i posted that post and it counted, wouldnt you think it would show one post...
Old 09-24-2009, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like how youguessit explain the situtation and you all comeback with is dumbass comments about post count. Really quit swinging from hpe nuts.

Last edited by JeaneZ28; 09-24-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Tori when ya gonna let me tap that?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Mustang Moderator

I think part of the problem is you went to a shop that uses another shops owner to "tune".
Old 09-24-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robert B.
I think part of the problem is you went to a shop that uses another shops owner to "tune".
bingo++++
Old 09-24-2009, 10:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
So Tori when ya gonna let me tap that?