Trouble with HPE

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
all these posters have a small amt of posts... me thinks its fisshhyyy
cool buddy! im not in any way affiliated with hpe... and i know a few people on here who would back me up with that.

Last edited by gcodetx; 09-22-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned

I have dealt with hpe on a few of my cars. I have been very satisfied with the tunes and the work. Also to whom ever posted about low post cound new rules say only posts in technical sections get counted. I see where its a battle about who the best tuner blah blah. Owen has also been the one to tune my car never had a problem makes tons of power and drives good.

To the op does it surge just at idle when its cold or while trying to drive it while its not warned up just asking not **** talking.

HPE is still a sponsor on this board just FYI.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
There is bad stuff about every shop and every tuner, what most people on these boards cant seem to realize is, that it goes both ways. Certain customers you can never make happy and it would be impossible to try because the customer has unrealistic expectations. To the original OP, if you got so much **** going on and what not, honestly why are you trying to mod a car? Airing all your personal problems kind of makes it seem like a pitty post, especially when you say G-force felt bad for you. Any case, good luck with your car.
I only mod in the summer when i dont have class... the problem is this problem has been going on for a while and hpe just seems to ignore me... hell i bought my heads, cam, timing set, and pushrods from g-force. Why wouldnt they help me out.... And the point im trying to get across hpe takes advantage that im busy when in school and cant go up there to raise hell. They are the kind of people that only do the right thing when there is severe consequences for otherwise. When i didnt get on here right away and start complaining they took it as a sign they could do what they want when the only reason i didnt is because i wanted to do the right thing and talk it through with them. I only started posting after giving them ample time to correct this situaltion. Oh and its a free country ,(for now anyways) i can mod my car no matter how busy i am.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gcodetx
cool buddy! im not in any way affiliated with hpe... and i know a few people on here who would back me up with that. so **** off dirtbag
Language please...
Old 09-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Teching In

HPE did my clutch, flywheel, master install. And they did a badass job. So dont know why everyone is hating.
Thanks HPE
Old 09-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Teching In

sorry brother.. just dont know why people say dumb **** like that sometimes, im sure hpe has better things to worry about then whos flaming them on ls1tech and someone thinks they would actually make new usernames to make them selves sound like a better shop
Old 09-22-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gogto
I have dealt with hpe on a few of my cars. I have been very satisfied with the tunes and the work. Also to whom ever posted about low post cound new rules say only posts in technical sections get counted. I see where its a battle about who the best tuner blah blah. Owen has also been the one to tune my car never had a problem makes tons of power and drives good.

To the op does it surge just at idle when its cold or while trying to drive it while its not warned up just asking not **** talking.

HPE is still a sponsor on this board just FYI.
From complete cold start the car will start, fire a lilttle and die. I have to start it and give it gas for about 5-10 seconds before it will idle. Then it will surge very little for a minute or 2 after i get off the gas from backing up. After about a minute its smooth sailin. No problems what so ever. It reminds me of my ol chevy van when the maf was malfunctioning and it was running lean on startup... I did do everything owen suggested to help this problem after the original tune... I had been in contact with him through ls1tech. He suggested resealing the fast manifold to be sure of no leak. I even deleted the pcv to make sure no leak... checked the power brake booster and vacuum lines for the ac system.... all good... i took the time to make sure it wasnt something mechanical.... new plugs, new iac, new map sensor, new maf, new pigtails, tested votage on pigtails to make sure good wiring... new o2s.... i spent some cash to make sure that it wasnt my fault before i asked hpe to own up to the situaltion. I was not trying in any way to be unreasonable with them...
Old 09-22-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gcodetx
sorry brother.. just dont know why people say dumb **** like that sometimes, im sure hpe has better things to worry about then whos flaming them on ls1tech and someone thinks they would actually make new usernames to make them selves sound like a better shop
in his defence it did seem a little suspicious... but the fact that u chimed back in proves otherwise...
Old 09-22-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't say they do shitty work but there customer services isn't great. The first time I went their I was there an hour before anyone asked me if I need help. The only reason I didn't say anything because they had a car on the dyno anyway. I also called them last week about a problem with my tune and they said a lot of people have called with the same problem. They ask for my name/number and said they call when there tuner came in that day that was five days ago.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Regular

i wish i could take a video to show yall.... im open to suggestions on anything else mechanical i could be...
Old 09-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by youguessit
in his defence it did seem a little suspicious... but the fact that u chimed back in proves otherwise...
well good luck with your car. keep us updated.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
I wouldn't say they do shitty work but there customer services isn't great. The first time I went their I was there an hour before anyone asked me if I need help. The only reason I didn't say anything because they had a car on the dyno anyway. I also called them last week about a problem with my tune and they said a lot of people have called with the same problem. They ask for my name/number and said they call when there tuner came in that day that was five days ago.
Never had a problem with their work or at least nothing i will hold against someone working in the heat of the day under a car... To me its mainly the customer service or lack there of. I mean i had to come on here and complain because they wouldnt even talk to me otherwise... Oh and if the owner is reading this.. man yall leave parts out everywhere and dont have anyone ther to watch them most of the time... not everyone has the morals not to steal like me... id lock that stuff up.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:14 PM
FormerVendor

i wish i could take a video to show yall.... im open to suggestions on anything else mechanical i could be...
Im sure its just in your idle tuning.. I could look at i for you if someone else hasnt already
Old 09-22-2009, 03:20 PM
11 Second Club

Its got to be the tune. There is a part in HPTuners that has idle control for different outside temperatures. For instance, 60* 1300rpms, 70* 1200rpms, 80* 1000rpms. Maybe he didnt tune that part. Other than that, it might be too lean. Any other mods, like the drill mod to the TB? if so, cover it back up.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pavlock Performance
Im sure its just in your idle tuning.. I could look at i for you if someone else hasnt already
Damn it, you beat me before I finished typing! lol
Old 09-22-2009, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
I wouldn't say they do shitty work but there customer services isn't great.
I second that. It took me 1.5 hours once to have a freakin nitrous bottle filled.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
I think the main issue is he paid for a Tune and the Tune was off....Why do you think the customer needs to pay for yalls **** up?

To prove some good comming of this I had a issue like this with my wifes GTO that G-Force tuned. I went back Mike tried it and could not fix the prob. So he refunded back the tune cost. This to me is top notch service.

Before jumping on HPEs back, first gather facts and factor in variables before attacking someones reputation or questioning them in a hostile way. Whose to say that after "youguessit" received his tune and then changed something a week later on his car, which threw the MAP and VE values off. Obviously, if the car wasn't idling right the first time, he would have turned the car around and brought it back in the shop. It seems to me that a significant amount of time had passed since his last tune which warranted the $50.00 fee.

To the OP: How much time transpired between your intial tune and the retune?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its not necessarily the tune. Change the fuel filter lately? Clogged up filter could do that too. If you haven't, spend $10 and change it. If it's still idling funny at start, check fuel pressure, could be the pump going out as well. Just another possibility.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

why even go to hpe when owen tunes the car anyways for a one time fee and has little better customer service than hpe
Old 09-22-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Friend of mine took his TA to A.R.D and within the year has already gone through 3 different motors and just recently got it back and just old them **** you put a stock motor back in it im done with you guys so they did.. so far he says it runs good.. so going by what my friend has told me over the past year i wouldnt take my little sisters trike to dumdumdum