so, i f***ed up

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADMOON
If I lost a family member to a drunk driver or a drunk driver killed me I honest to god would not wish them any jail time or bad karma.
Lol, are you FREAKING kidding me?!?! Of course you wouldn't... you'd be well... dead.
Now if I lost a family member to a repeated ofender I would go freakin berzerker. People make mistakes and unless you were a sheltered bible thumping weirdo everyone has gotten behind the wheel and driven their vehicles after having a couple drinks. Sometimes I think police officers take things way too far nowadays. Back when I was a teenager there were circumstances where I knew of people getting pulled over and the cop just giving them a ride home or calling their parents to come get them. Now they throw the book at you because their county or city needs that revenue, Its not about protecting and serving anymore but collecting and profitting the city or county.
You screw up, you pay the consequences, no more slaps on the wrist.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Lol, are you FREAKING kidding me?!?! Of course you wouldn't... you'd be well... dead.

You screw up, you pay the consequences, no more slaps on the wrist.

I am not sayin nobody should pay any consequences man. The Op admitted to drinking too much this time and he got caught. I am just saying that he is no murderer or a bad person for making a mistake and if he would have ran into me and killed me I would not come back to haunt his *** and wish him illwill. I would make him carry a picture of my ugly *** mug in his wallet for the rest of his life so he would remember me and his mistake that right there would be punishment enough. There is no since in ruining someone elses life because they made a mistake. The same mistake that I have made and you have unless you are a bible thumping weirdo .
Old 10-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

The same mistake that I have made and you have unless you are a bible thumping weirdo .

We all have done it one time or another.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

To those that say things like this:
Originally Posted by turbov6bryan
We all have done it one time or another.
No. Not all of us think drinking and getting behind the wheel is "cool".
Old 10-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

To those that say things like this:

No. Not all of us think drinking and getting behind the wheel is "cool".

Thanks for putting words in my mouth, when did i say it was "cool"

Your a liar if you never have been impaired behind the wheel.

Drunk, tipsy, sleep deprived, tunnel vision, cell phone, radio..

Its all the same, inattentive driving. cept only 2 get you the slammer.
BW
Old 10-04-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

I am not sayin nobody should pay any consequences man. The Op admitted to drinking too much this time and he got caught. I am just saying that he is no murderer or a bad person for making a mistake and if he would have ran into me and killed me I would not come back to haunt his *** and wish him illwill. I would make him carry a picture of my ugly *** mug in his wallet for the rest of his life so he would remember me and his mistake that right there would be punishment enough. There is no since in ruining someone elses life because they made a mistake. The same mistake that I have made and you have unless you are a bible thumping weirdo .

i disagree... if some drunk person killed a completely innocent person they should just use them as a crash test dummy... why should they get to live after making a mistake when the other person did absolutely nothing wrong except cross the path of the drunk and they no longer get to live... fry that bastard... and to the other guy calling other people liars for saying they have never drank and driven a car, i hope you personally know all the people you are accusing otherwise your statement is void... we're not in kansas anymore... but to the OP i'm glad you got caught before there was a chance for something worse to happen... it's gonna suck suffering the consequences but hopefully you learn your lesson and will be more responsible now

Last edited by neutron82; 10-04-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbov6bryan
Thanks for putting words in my mouth, when did i say it was "cool"

Your a liar if you never have been impaired behind the wheel.

Drunk, tipsy, sleep deprived, tunnel vision, cell phone, radio..

Its all the same, inattentive driving. cept only 2 get you the slammer.
BW
Sorry, I never meant to direct my statement towards you. I just quoted you because it keeps being said.
My point was I never drink and drive, and I wouldn't be friends with people who do. It's just plain stupid.

As for your statement-
Completely different IMO. Sure, inattentive driving/distractions/etc are similar in nature, but purposely getting behind the wheel after drinking and according to the OP (knowing better) takes the cake and deserves punishment.
Don't shoot your mouth off accusing people of being liars. The OP didn't open this thread with "so I was sleepy, and got behind the wheel". He opened it saying "I got a DWI". Completely different.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Teching In

good luck with everything.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry, I never meant to direct my statement towards you. I just quoted you because it keeps being said.
My point was I never drink and drive, and I wouldn't be friends with people who do. It's just plain stupid.

As for your statement-
Completely different IMO. Sure, inattentive driving/distractions/etc are similar in nature, but purposely getting behind the wheel after drinking and according to the OP (knowing better) takes the cake and deserves punishment.
Don't shoot your mouth off accusing people of being liars. The OP didn't open this thread with "so I was sleepy, and got behind the wheel". He opened it saying "I got a DWI". Completely different.
Your quite funny, say your sorry then accusing me of shooting my mouth off calling you a liar.
Im not here to fight with you, it seems like your reading more into the situation than i am.
****, seems like im fighting with my mother in law here on this board. If i wanted to fight here at the house id punch her in the tooth she has left.

HAHA

Its a heated subject, i know for a fact, after 9pm 75% are under the influence of a prescription drug, or a "alky holic beeevrage" and still driving in my neighborhood.

If you looked up the stats, you would be suprised how many people are " under the influence at night"

Didnt mean to get into a pissing match.
BW
Old 10-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Banned

Hopefully they take your license OP, that way I dont have to worry about another drunk on the road.

I have lost a family member to a drunk, and guess what? He had no prior DWI's either, all it took was that one time to kill.

And anyone that wants to argue about drunk driving not being that bad is a ******* retard, and I hope you never lose someone to a drunk driver.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:23 AM

Are you kidding me? You are all talking to the OP like he is some kind of Murderer. YES he made a mistake, YES he will pay for it. But good God people it was a MISTAKE; bad judgment. What happened to forgiveness? All of you a hypocrites. Tell me that you have never done anything that put someones life or your own at risk? Street racing? That seems to be a popular on on this site. Driving when you are sleep deprived? Driving on prescription meds? Driving on over the counter meds? Even SPEEDING!! Im sure that everyone has made a pretty stupid decision in there life, just not all of us have been caught or admit it publicly. Im not saying that everyone on here has been out drinking and driving... But we all make mistakes. Op, thanks for having the ***** to admit you were wrong. I hope all goes well for you and you learn from this.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Hopefully they take your license OP, that way I dont have to worry about another drunk on the road.

I have lost a family member to a drunk, and guess what? He had no prior DWI's either, all it took was that one time to kill.

And anyone that wants to argue about drunk driving not being that bad is a ******* retard, and I hope you never lose someone to a drunk driver.
I am sorry for your loss . I am not saying drunk driving should go unpunished.
I am saying that we all make mistakes especially when we are young. Some get lucky like the OP and get caught before they do hurt someone and some dont get caught at all. So you are going to sit there before me and everyone on this thread that you never got behind the wheel impaired
Never not even once in high school or even after not getting enough sleep.
Its the same thing being tired is not illegal and drinking is not illegal but both behind the wheel can kill. So let me ask you GTO JIMMY if the person that got behind the wheel that took your family members life wasnt drunk but sleepy would you have a different outlook ?
Look man judging by your sig at where you are located we have been to the same place and seen the same things I just think you people that think that drunk driving is the same as murder are ridiculous hypocrites. Yall need to step back and look at the big picture and have a heart.

But if your a repeated offender you should be locked up with all the murderers.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

"repeated offender" wtf does that mean?
Some of you say we ALL have screwed up at one time or another. Does that makes us "repeated offenders?" Does that mean I deserve to be locked up? I shouldn't say "I" because I'm not a careless/reckless/stupid driver that drives drunk.
The guy above me asked another member if he'd driven impaired "back in highschool" and then goes on to say drinking is not illegal. Pretty sure back in highschool, drinking would have been. Unless of course you're talking about way back in the day when drinking was legal at 18.
This reminds me of MLB steroid use.
Player fails a test for steroids in 2001.
Now a reporter asks same player "have you used since?"
Player says "no."
Which is great... until that player fails yet another test.
"Oh, well there was that one time."

fail.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

"repeated offender" wtf does that mean?
Some of you say we ALL have screwed up at one time or another. Does that makes us "repeated offenders?" Does that mean I deserve to be locked up? I shouldn't say "I" because I'm not a careless/reckless/stupid driver that drives drunk.
The guy above me asked another member if he'd driven impaired "back in highschool" and then goes on to say drinking is not illegal. Pretty sure back in highschool, drinking would have been. Unless of course you're talking about way back in the day when drinking was legal at 18.
This reminds me of MLB steroid use.
Player fails a test for steroids in 2001.
Now a reporter asks same player "have you used since?"
Player says "no."
Which is great... until that player fails yet another test.
"Oh, well there was that one time."

fail.
So the way you are talking you never have broken any laws right. You just wake up in the ****** morning and **** ****** excellence huh. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? Since you never have driven reckless in your life that means not one speeding ticket. What if you speeding could have caused an accident and killed someone? Its the same freakin thing you made a bad decision by speeding just like the OP did by getting behind the wheel drinking.

Repeated offender means a few DWI's someone who has not learned a lesson, someone thatcontinues to get behind the wheel impaired and even the law cant keep them from getting behind the wheel shitcanned..

I am done with this thread and all the close minded idiots before I freakin snap.
NO drinking and driving is not cool. NO it should not go unpunished. But 1 ****** DWI does not make you a murderer and yes once is all it can take but 1 speeding incident is all it takes too. So if you come on here thinkin that your all high mighty saying that the OP and all others that have had a DWI should burn you better make damn sure that you never broke any laws that can possibly hurt another on the road.
I feel sorry for all your children if you have any.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? Since you never have driven reckless in your life that means not one speeding ticket. What if you speeding could have caused an accident and killed someone? Its the same freakin thing you made a bad decision by speeding just like the OP did by getting behind the wheel drinking.
Yes, I have gotten a speeding ticket. I was young and stupid. It was my first and ONLY ticket. It's not the same. I wasn't impaired. I didn't get on the internet and say "hey guyz! I got a ticket what do I do now???" I sucked up the consequences, paid it off, did what I had to do and have learned from it.
It's not the same.
Why does an officer pull over someone for DWI? He doesn't know you've been drinking, but reckless driving (speeding, swerving, etc) is a dead give away. Therefore, the OP was pulled over for probably breaking more than one law.
When I was pulled over, one of the first questions I was asked was "have you been drinking tonight?" and I truthfully said "no."
Get your facts straight genius. I'm starting to think you've probably been pulled over for a similar offense and that's why you get all ready to "snap" when in here.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

LOL. glad i made the first post. you will always find the holier than thou people on forums. the woman eating mcdonalds and talking on their cellphone and petting their chihuaha on her lap all while driving her escalade scares me WAY more then a drunk driver. Some people are just a little too feeble minded to understand that concept, which is ok, we cant expect to go through life without dealing with 'simple folk'. unfortunately we deal with more here being next to one of the largest collections of retards in the world.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tribaltalon
LOL. glad i made the first post. you will always find the holier than thou people on forums. the woman eating mcdonalds and talking on their cellphone and petting their chihuaha on her lap all while driving her escalade scares me WAY more then a drunk driver. Some people are just a little too feeble minded to understand that concept, which is ok, we cant expect to go through life without dealing with 'simple folk'. unfortunately we deal with more here being next to one of the largest collections of retards in the world.

Couldnt have said it better myself

Hey Super Bat ch
Yes when I was 17 I did get a DUIM which means less serious offense than a DWI due to the fact I was a minor but wasnt intoxicated but since I was a minor the cop had to take me in since I did have alcohol on my breathe.
Mind you this was 10 yrs ago when cops were out protecting and serving not collecting revenue. I learned my lesson at a young age if I got a DWI now I would loose my job since I have a CDL.

And the OP came on here asking advice about a lawyer not asking everyone to feel sorry for him.

I think you either A. Need to grow up and put the bible down and enjoy life or B. choke yourself and do the rest of the human race a favor.

There is only 1 thing I hate as much as a theif or liar and thats a hypocrite
Old 10-05-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

my friend and I were hit my a drunk driver on B8 a couple years ago.... anyone who drinks and drives deserves to lose their license for a while.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Banned

I am sorry for your loss . I am not saying drunk driving should go unpunished.
I am saying that we all make mistakes especially when we are young. Some get lucky like the OP and get caught before they do hurt someone and some dont get caught at all. So you are going to sit there before me and everyone on this thread that you never got behind the wheel impaired
Never not even once in high school or even after not getting enough sleep.
Its the same thing being tired is not illegal and drinking is not illegal but both behind the wheel can kill. So let me ask you GTO JIMMY if the person that got behind the wheel that took your family members life wasnt drunk but sleepy would you have a different outlook ?
Look man judging by your sig at where you are located we have been to the same place and seen the same things I just think you people that think that drunk driving is the same as murder are ridiculous hypocrites. Yall need to step back and look at the big picture and have a heart.

But if your a repeated offender you should be locked up with all the murderers.
Go back and read my post, I didnt even compair him to a murderer. Hell the only bad juju I wished on him was to lose his license for a bit. I dont wish death upon him or anything, just a wake up call.

And yes I can honestly tell you I have never gotten behind the wheel of anything drunk/high/pilled out anything. Ask anyone that knows me, hell I dont even drink.

And as far as the changing drunk with sleepy on the guy that killed my cousin, I honestly cannot answer that question. I do not know as I was not put into that situation, and im not one to say yes or no when I honestly have no clue.

I understand the point you are trying to make though, and do respect your opinion on it. Both actions are neglegent in their own right, a sleepy driver should know better just like a drunk should. BUT on the other side of the coin, compair the amount of fatality accidents with drunk drivers and sleepy drivers. Im willing to bet drunk outweighs sleepy 10 to 1.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tribaltalon
I totally agree with your point as well, especially as we see that **** around here MANY times a day. Stupid people are just as dangerous as drunks, plain and simple.

But I dont agree with you calling Ft Hood and all us soldiers "one of the largest collections of retards in the world", that is downright disrespectful. While there is the fair share of idiots, you have that anywhere.