texas ticket for non DOT tires?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen

How bad are they in the rain? I know theyve gotta be squirrley but just how squirrely?
can get about this squirrely: left the house and it wasn't raining, wasnt supposed to rain till the next night, and well on the way home, what ya know, it rained, went to change lanes to pull off the freeway at about 35-40mph and found myself doing some Tokyo Drift **** across 3 lanes of traffic and managed to keep it off the wall for the most part, buuuttt ended up in ditch/downgrade right before the off ramp
Old 10-16-2009, 03:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^Ouch

i did find out just how squirrley the other day. Had em on the car and there was like a 30% chance of isolated T-storms. woke up for work around 4pm, bright and sunny and hot so i decided not to bother switching back to my street tires before work. I have to leave by 530 to make it there by 6. So at 525pm still sunny and hot as it ever is in houston, it started pouring. had no choice but to drive to work in the rain, actually it only rained for like 5 min but the roads were soaked. **** is scary on slicks
Old 10-16-2009, 06:34 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
^^^Ouch

i did find out just how squirrley the other day. Had em on the car and there was like a 30% chance of isolated T-storms. woke up for work around 4pm, bright and sunny and hot so i decided not to bother switching back to my street tires before work. I have to leave by 530 to make it there by 6. So at 525pm still sunny and hot as it ever is in houston, it started pouring. had no choice but to drive to work in the rain, actually it only rained for like 5 min but the roads were soaked. **** is scary on slicks
they float around even on dry roads. Just avoid running them on rain chance days. I doubt the cops will say anything too you unless you are acting like an idiot and racing etc. I was running a set of non dot hoosier quick time pros. And I never ever had 1 problem with cops. Ive been all over on a pair of slicks and never had a cop pull me over for that.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Teching In

Default Not really scary damn scary

Originally Posted by bobbyd
yea If its raining dont drive the car.

back in may i totalled my ws6 with et streets going 30mph
last summer it rained 30 min and stopped I waited a while then started home I live out about 10 miles going 45 mph I came up on a curve that has a dip in it and thought at 45 I would be o.k. wrong the assend came around so fast I cant even remember what all happened people behind me said 3 donuts 6 fence posts then a dumpster and the tree stopped me .Totaling my 01 ws6 .

Quick Reply: texas ticket for non DOT tires?