banned for informing members of a vehicles salvage title.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sabastian458
yes it is different. first you are looking at car fax where as this report is from autocheck, their competitor. secondly, you must look at the DMV's definitions of JUNK and SALVAGE. a junk vehicle is one that has been crushed. a salvage vehicle is one that the insurance company decides the cost is too high to repair.

The 75% is alot of B/S, by the way (speaking generally now) I personally know where less than 2 months ago, a guy wrecked his 2003 Evolution 8 causing $26,000, yes 26000 in damage. The car was totaled, but the insurance company paid to fix it. It floored me. You could buy 2 of those cars at auction for that price.
As a buyer, I'd want to be informed if the car I was interested in purchasing was ever declared to have a "Junk" title in another state (so I could do my own research as to why). I don't care if it had been issued a clear Texas title since.

Last edited by -Ross-; 10-15-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sabastian458
call/go to your local dmv office and ask them how best to go about clearing it up. If you are nice to them, they will help you out.

if its a "paperwork" issue i would go get that fixed. if anyone is going to try to finance that thing, they will have problems no matter how much they want it. had a similar issue where a guy was actually trying to screw me. we got to the bank, were about to hand over the money, but when my bank saw the title said "rebuilt" they said not on your life. my loan officer said that my credit union would not lend on anything that didnt have 100% clean title.

with that said, get the title fixed, hold onto that thing until the first of the year, and i will take it off your hands
Old 10-15-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetLethal01
The title is a clear Texas title
Maybe some sort of paperwork issue I'm sure
I've been around bodyshops most of my life and I fully inspected the car when I bought it sometime in Feb or March not sure exactly when.
I really incurage anyone that is interested to come and look at the car inside, outside, under the hood, under the car itself is super clean an NO signs of any type of bodywork.
I wish I could keep it but I really want a CTS-V

They guy was banned because says wants me to sell my car as a salvaged car and it is NOT.
He has said negative things before and for some reason I thought he was also banned from this site. It probably won't be to long before he is. Anyways anyone interested I will post it in the forsale later when I get home. I'm asking $13,500
Thanks again
Hope that clears some things up
it was not an attack at you. i posted information for others to see and it was deleted for no reason than it was called slander. you bought the car at a discount because of the junk title status and now you are trying to play it off as no big deal.

yes it was a dick move, but so was banning me. if it needed to get escalated this far maybe you should have posted it outright since you used that fact as a bargaining chip when you bought the car.

your right it could be a paper work snafu, however its now a permanent blemish and your trying to play it off because it has a blemish in another state. if you go through the trouble of contacting the indiana DMV and getting the status corrected then i have no problem with your ad, but stating you have a clean title in a vehicle description is a misrepresentation of the facts. if the title is so clean why dont you take it back to scoggin and see what they will give you on trade in?

to another post about insurance, that is odd. when i purchased a vehicle back from insurance the insurance company actually took posession of the title and sent it back to me later in the mail

Last edited by chrysler kid; 10-15-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why does it say on the carfax it's an 02 camaro z28? not an ss
Old 10-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Launching!

that cars ******* ugly anyway, get over it!
Old 10-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chargerR/T
all ss's are z28's... SS is a package/option it's not part of the title
Old 10-15-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chargerR/T

they all do that
Old 10-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fastvet
Not for a car that has the word JUNK in the title. Sorry. Im pretty sure you are haveing a tough time selling it cuz of it. But just like injected1 said, you have to say when you sell it what it has on the title. I know he said that for florida, but I have heard the same thing here in Texas. Good Luck Bro!
He just put it up for sale, just FYI.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

that sucks u were banned
Old 10-15-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

So if its on there incorrect.................................... Get it fixed. If I bought a car and it showed that I would kick someone ***. So to prevent yourself a *** kicking get it fixed.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
a member in another forum posted an slp ss forsale, and when i ran the carfax it showed the vehicle had a salvage title

i pasted the carfax results into the thread, and my post was deleted. i pm'd the administrator about it, and he told me i was slandering the user because the car did not have a salvage title, when the car clearly does. The administrator is trying to help the member sell a salvage titled car as a clean title, stating that i have no right to tell other people how HIS car is treated because its his and not mine.

I surely hope that no one on here would try to mislead its members to make a profit on selling a salvage title car to other forum members

just a heads up for you guys, its a black 2002 slp SS with gold stripes and the administrator is trying to help a forum member sell it as a clean title by deleteing my post showing the car fax, and another saying just an fyi the car has a salvage title
That's a pretty big accusation. I have NOTHING to do with selling that car and have NOTHING to gain from it. You broke the forum rules, I fixed it, plain and simple. You are acting like a victim when you did NOT simply post information like a good samaritan and then move on. You tend to post like a dick (as confirmed by other members here) You were a dick in a for sale thread (and you have confirmed this) and I cleaned it up. I deleted a **** talking rule breaking post, it just so happened that it contained the carfax too. You pm'd me and I explained to you that neither you nor I knows the history of the car and that it is not right to post suggesting the things that you did when you in reality have NO IDEA about the history of the car or what that part of the report is referencing. I never said there was anything wrong with posting the carfax, I said there was something wrong with what you wrote. To suggest that I am trying to help someone sell a salvage titled car as a clean titled car shows what a little kid you really are about the situation. Sorry you got banned and can't handle it like a man, next time when you are warned THREE TIMES don't keep posting in spite and pming talking ****. You got banned for breaking the rules over and over even though you were continually warned, you had THREE chances to stop and wouldn't, THEN you got banned.

FYI, there were posts supporting the seller in this situation as well, they got deleted too because they are clogging up a for sale thread with a stupid argument that neither side can support their opinion on. Maybe those people think I am trying to help you make this out to be something bad when we really know nothing about the history of the car! I mean, if I cleaned it out of the thread, it must mean I disagree with what they are saying, it can't possibly be because I'm enforcing the rules of the forum or anything

The seller has a clear title, and the bank loaned money on the car. People actually involved with the car must know something you don't, and so anything beyond that is the business of the seller and potential buyers. Any posts from a person not interested in buying that is suggesting something different and posted with malicious intent obviously breaks forum rules. It would be the same on this site. If there was something obviously wrong with the seller's intentions I probably would not have intervened when you posted, but from what I can see it looks like its on the up and up as far as the forum's business is concerned, and anything deeper is between the seller and buyer.

Last edited by oneBADDz; 10-15-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
That's a pretty big accusation. I have NOTHING to do with selling that car and have NOTHING to gain from it. You broke the forum rules, I fixed it, plain and simple. You are acting like a victim when you did NOT simply post information like a good samaritan and then move on. You tend to post like a dick (as confirmed by other members here) You were a dick in a for sale thread (and you have confirmed this) and I cleaned it up. I deleted a **** talking rule breaking post, it just so happened that it contained the carfax too. You pm'd me and I explained to you that neither you nor I knows the history of the car and that it is not right to post suggesting the things that you did when you in reality have NO IDEA about the history of the car or what that part of the report is referencing. I never said there was anything wrong with posting the carfax, I said there was something wrong with what you wrote. To suggest that I am trying to help someone sell a salvage titled car as a clean titled car shows what a little kid you really are about the situation. Sorry you got banned and can't handle it like a man, next time when you are warned THREE TIMES don't keep posting in spite and pming talking ****. You got banned for breaking the rules over and over even though you were continually warned, you had THREE chances to stop and wouldn't, THEN you got banned.

FYI, there were posts supporting the seller in this situation as well, they got deleted too because they are clogging up a for sale thread with a stupid argument that neither side can support their opinion on. Maybe those people think I am trying to help you make this out to be something bad when we really know nothing about the history of the car! I mean, if I cleaned it out of the thread, it must mean I disagree with what they are saying, it can't possibly be because I'm enforcing the rules of the forum or anything

i simply stated the likely events that lead to a junk title. you decided to be immature and delete my post without saying anything to me about it. i had to pm you to ask about it and you then told me to mind my own business

the second post i made simply said your carfax shows a salavage title, which you deleted and then told me again that is none of my business.

the third post i made said the exact same thing, and you deleted it and banned me.

you decided to be immature and let a friends misleading ad cloud your judgement. you decided that you would rather let a friend sell his car and mislead buyers than to have the truth posted. the fact that you resort to name calling and bickering about something so small that could have just been left on the board really shows what a dick you are. if you are ever in the same situation i hope you have someone who can help you out, and not delete posts so you can buy a car with a junk title

you dont know the history of the car, and neither does the seller. the seller did not have a full carfax report, or even disclose any information at all about the title problem. so yes i did know more about the car than he claimed to in his ad stating he had a clear title

if your just going to keep being a dick about it and hiding behind rules to ally your friendship you can throw your **** in the fan right now. i can tell you right now you cant own up and be a man about protecting a friend because you are too small to man up about it. if me posting a FACT about a used car the seller is clearly trying to avoid is slander, you can go ahead and turn my temp ban into a perma ban because i dont want to be associated with your bullshit. if a new member posted a junk titled car forsale and you knew about it, and decided that no one could tell anyone else on the board then what is the point of having the forum. it should just be an ad listing in your classifieds section

and if you really want to know i ran the check because i have a friend on campus looking for fbodies. you decided to be an assuming ***** and think that i wouldnt have the potential to be a buyer just because i posted a carfax result. WHO SAID I WAS NEVER INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THE CAR? an full optioned slp car for $13k with a clear title? matt was excited as hell when he saw it posted until i posted the carfax

Last edited by chrysler kid; 10-15-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned

The title for this car is not salvage, rebuilt or junk according to Texas Dept of Transportation. It shows a lien on it as of Feb 2009.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

My Camaro was flipped end over end...Perfect Title... I drive it and it looks like it hasn't ever been wrecked...

My Nissan, rolled over...I drive it everyday with a clear title...

My Old BMW, I suspect it was damaged pretty extensively, clear title....

The SS looks nice... But if it had/has a bad title, it should have been brought up.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
i simply stated the likely events that lead to a junk title. you decided to be immature and delete my post without saying anything to me about it. i had to pm you to ask about it and you then told me to mind my own business

the second post i made simply said your carfax shows a salavage title, which you deleted and then told me again that is none of my business.

the third post i made said the exact same thing, and you deleted it and banned me.

you decided to be immature and let a friends misleading ad cloud your judgement. you decided that you would rather let a friend sell his car and mislead buyers than to have the truth posted. the fact that you resort to name calling and bickering about something so small that could have just been left on the board really shows what a dick you are. if you are ever in the same situation i hope you have someone who can help you out, and not delete posts so you can buy a car with a junk title

you dont know the history of the car, and neither does the seller. the seller did not have a full carfax report, or even disclose any information at all about the title problem. so yes i did know more about the car than he claimed to in his ad stating he had a clear title

if your just going to keep being a dick about it and hiding behind rules to ally your friendship you can throw your **** in the fan right now. i can tell you right now you cant own up and be a man about protecting a friend because you are too small to man up about it. if me posting a FACT about a used car the seller is clearly trying to avoid is slander, you can go ahead and turn my temp ban into a perma ban because i dont want to be associated with your bullshit. if a new member posted a junk titled car forsale and you knew about it, and decided that no one could tell anyone else on the board then what is the point of having the forum. it should just be an ad listing in your classifieds section

and if you really want to know i ran the check because i have a friend on campus looking for fbodies. you decided to be an assuming ***** and think that i wouldnt have the potential to be a buyer just because i posted a carfax result. WHO SAID I WAS NEVER INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THE CAR? an full optioned slp car for $13k with a clear title? matt was excited as hell when he saw it posted until i posted the carfax
Newsflash! He's not my friend. I've seen him in person once, ever.

You simply stated the likely events? What does that mean exactly? Ohhh, you don't know anything about it, and so you made stuff up and posted it in his thread. Thanks for reconfirming that. It wasn't your business to do what you did, so I enforced the rules against it. What don't you get about the fact that you made stuff up and made an ******* post accusing him of something based on your false scenario? What part of that isn't slander?

Your 2nd and 3rd posts were made in defiance after I told you to drop it. I'm not going to argue about this again. It does not show a salvage title. It shows a previous issue that is inconsistent with the present clean title an awesome condition of the car, he HAS a clean title, as confirmed by the fact that he has a bank loan on the car. Everything points to there being something to the situation that you simply do not know about. Because of that, all of your **** talk was unwarranted and unfounded. Imagine that, maybe you don't know everything based on your carfax awesomeness. Considering most everything looks to be on the up and up, the forum WILL NOT allow you to go into a random for sale thread talking ****. ANYTHING BEYOND THAT IS BETWEEN THE SELLER AND POTENTIAL PURCHASER PER FORUM RULES. The actual deal is not related to the forum and has no business being there especially without foundation on something other than your made up "likely events"

I'm a dick? You broke the rules and can't handle that so you have to be a little bitch about it and talk about me not manning up? I'm not his friend, I'm not hiding behind rules. I was enforcing rules, period. Sorry you don't like that. Keep taking this lower and lower by making petty accusations to try to make it look like you aren't still making things up . I can only explain the facts behind what I did so many ways if you are too stupid to read them and understand.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

Personally I dont think it was really a ******* thing to do, posting that there was a possible title problem, how he went about it might have been the issue, but I dunno.

Im not sure why everyone thinks that because the car has a bank lien, that means thats it has a clear title. My old boss bought a 96 LT4 Vette, which plain as day had a salvage title, and got it financed. Im not saying this car has a bad title, just sayin.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it is in fact clear and a mistake then getting it fixed shouldn't be that hard.

BTW, with good credit and the right price a bank will finance a salvage/junk bike or car. I have done it. I have also flipped a car that was a salvaged/junk fox coupe. It was practically a race car and the buyer knew all the details (i told him). Hell it had a 306 and the fax said 4 cyl.

Remember this, if you sell a salvage car and don't tell the buyer and somthing happens, you will be in deep ****.

It is kind of shady, in the first place, that the original poster was banned and his post was hidden, eventhough you said he asked for it. As a board moderator I would have told him to clarify it. That's all the guy was asking, and y'all keep saying it's clean.

BTW, 99% of used car buyers are going to run a car fax, especially during a personal sale outside of a dealership. So either clear it up or you will never sell that car.

I still think the funny part is that the seller posted the car for sale in this thread.

Last edited by redz_02; 10-15-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6NIGHTMARE
Personally I dont think it was really a ******* thing to do, posting that there was a possible title problem, how he went about it might have been the issue, but I dunno.

Im not sure why everyone thinks that because the car has a bank lien, that means thats it has a clear title. My old boss bought a 96 LT4 Vette, which plain as day had a salvage title, and got it financed. Im not saying this car has a bad title, just sayin.
I've said more than once in here that if he had approached it better that I probably would have left it alone, he skips over that and makes more accusations about underlying reasons for me to do it. It wasn't ok to make up stuff about it or to post accusing the seller of anything and acting like an *******. Of course, by saying that I'm just hiding behind the rules

Maybe I'm also slanted on it all because it's a local forum and all local members so any deal involving the car through our forum would have been face to face with the car present. I do think that is relevant.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WS6NIGHTMARE

We are a sub contractor for TxDot and I pulled the VIN. Its not a salvage or "rebuilt" title. Its also not a junk title. TxDot does not allow vehicles with a "junk" title to be retitled period. This car has a clean title and there is a bank loan on it as well.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ramairracer
that cars ******* ugly anyway, get over it!

Quick Reply: banned for informing members of a vehicles salvage title.