Need help! Gf car got stolen today.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to get one of those alarms with gps, so if i notice it stolen within a couple hours maybe i will be able to find it.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kwiker
I'm going to get one of those alarms with gps, so if i notice it stolen within a couple hours maybe i will be able to find it.
yeah and that way you can track it and not the cops... no telling what would happen if someone found their stolen car and the thieves before the police did.... muuuuahhhhhahahahaha... i actually looked into it a couple of years ago and the only thing i didn't like was that it was charged monthly... they had different levels you could get and the bottom level only allowed you to check the status of your car a couple of times a month... if you wanted unlimited it was pretty high, like $60 bucks or so if i remember correctly... lojack is a one time charge but only cops can track it
Old 10-24-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

that's what insurance is for
Old 10-24-2009, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by neutron82
yeah and that way you can track it and not the cops... no telling what would happen if someone found their stolen car and the thieves before the police did.... muuuuahhhhhahahahaha... i actually looked into it a couple of years ago and the only thing i didn't like was that it was charged monthly... they had different levels you could get and the bottom level only allowed you to check the status of your car a couple of times a month... if you wanted unlimited it was pretty high, like $60 bucks or so if i remember correctly... lojack is a one time charge but only cops can track it
hahaha, you are thinking just like me...i was about to say that my first phone call wouldn't be to the cops...but i figured i'd leave it alone. But seriously, i wouldn't grab any of my guns and call my crazy friends, i'd just call the cops...probably.

p.s. Insurance, hahahahahaha, they won't even return my calls...they put an investigator on my claim and even though i left the claim rep 2 messages withing 3 days of each other, i never recieved a call. I left a message with her supervisor, a couple days after the last message with the rep, no call...been 3 weeks now. Can anyone explain this to me? I have tons of questions about what i need to do, they are going to take my rental car here in a few days and i don't think i have any of my papers in order to be able to get the check cut asap so i can get a new car. The title is not in my name, and i'm sure they are going to want it to be...but nooooooo, they won't communicate with me.

If you have TRAVELERS, change companies NOW!!! I'm going back to State Farm, you definitely get what you pay for.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

hahaha, you are thinking just like me...i was about to say that my first phone call wouldn't be to the cops...but i figured i'd leave it alone. But seriously, i wouldn't grab any of my guns and call my crazy friends, i'd just call the cops...probably.

p.s. Insurance, hahahahahaha, they won't even return my calls...they put an investigator on my claim and even though i left the claim rep 2 messages withing 3 days of each other, i never recieved a call. I left a message with her supervisor, a couple days after the last message with the rep, no call...been 3 weeks now. Can anyone explain this to me? I have tons of questions about what i need to do, they are going to take my rental car here in a few days and i don't think i have any of my papers in order to be able to get the check cut asap so i can get a new car. The title is not in my name, and i'm sure they are going to want it to be...but nooooooo, they won't communicate with me.

If you have TRAVELERS, change companies NOW!!! I'm going back to State Farm, you definitely get what you pay for.
yeah i think that way but i wouldn't do anything stupid... i would have a gun on me and would go looking myself but i would call the cops also... it would just be funny to see the sorry ************ get busted and maybe put a face to someone who might be responsible for other people losing their cars... wow your insurance does suck man, i have state farm and luckily haven't had to claim anything with them yet but i have had friends and an ex that had state farm and they take care of stuff no questions asked... if the title isn't in your name they will cut the check to the person who is on it so hopefully that person will sign it over to you without any hassles... i had geico before and was being raped... suprisingly i have full coverage on 2 cars with state farm for what geico wanted to charge me for liability on one lol
Old 10-25-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

got damn lol , first its the hit by a red light soccer mom epidemic. Now its the my car got stolen epidemic. **** this is just getting out of hand .
Old 10-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Teching In

I would recommend going to a physical office, if they have one. You should have received paper work from the insurance company already that needs to be filled out, notarized and sent back. Atleast thats what is happening with mine.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Man I'm sorry to hear that about all the cars involved. I have lojack on my car, had it installed when I bought it and the cost was added into the payment schedule.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:26 AM
Teching In

im glad i dont have too much to worry about down here in the beaumont area, only thing thats happened with me, is a hit and run in the middle of the night, woke up, BAM, rear left quarter panel was all messed up :/
Old 10-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep a look out on craigslist, there are alot of people parting them out in the area. Ill keep a look out myself.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by That_guy
got damn lol , first its the hit by a red light soccer mom epidemic. Now its the my car got stolen epidemic. **** this is just getting out of hand .
i told you about my firebird?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow im shocked to hear about this. state farm has always been great to me whenever i have had any claims, they even doubled the value of my first fbody when it was wrecked.

if i had to guess its probably someone who has been on these boards.

best of luck to you guys
Old 10-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Well i have an update on the car. It was found in dallas this weekend completely gutted. The only thing left were the doors and shell. i mean they took everything motor/tranny, k member, front suspension/brakes, hood, bumper, fenders, complete interior. All of it.

At first the police wouldnt let her look at it cause it was under investigation but i guess they took it off cause they let her look at it. They wouldnt even let the insurance company look at it.

now im gonna start looking for parts to come up. Im sure they will be selling something off of it.

I have some pics but dont know how to upload them to the site. If someone will help me out ill post them up.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

sorry to hear about the car if you email the pics to camaro242@gmail.com ill host them with my photobucket account
Old 10-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

Default have a look... it sucks

here are some before and after pics
Attached Thumbnails Need help! Gf car got stolen today.-steff-car.jpg   Need help! Gf car got stolen today.-steff-car-3.jpg   Need help! Gf car got stolen today.-steff-car-5.jpg   Need help! Gf car got stolen today.-steff-car-2.jpg   Need help! Gf car got stolen today.-steff-car-8.jpg  

Old 10-27-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

man i'm sorry, hopefully your insurance company will help you out... those guys deserve to die a horrbile death... maybe gut them like they gutted the car, now that's my kind of justice!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

I wonder why they left the lights, those motors are worth a couple bucks, and the steering wheel is there too.

They still haven't found my car, or they haven't called me to let me know if they did. It wasn't registered in my name, that might have something to do with it. Almost been 4 weeks now, they must really be taking everything off of it...either that or shipping it out of the country b/c it's the cleanest one they have ever seen, hahaha...seriously, it's one of the cleanest i have seen and i have seen a few 'show cars'.