Please beware of XplicitPerformance

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I woulsnt but anything from Xplicit because of other reasons BUT honestly you shouldnt have waited until 2 months to wait to complain. IMO the deal is done but I understand your POV. It does suck but good luck.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Shocker, Xplicit knows and defends this scammer too........

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...am-ws6-tx.html
Old 10-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

well it sucks but truth be told that when u buy **** used, well u gonna get what ya paid for... you want no problem, warranty and what not ok no problem... then take ur butt to the actual site and buy the **** new....

Yes poeple should be honest but well here we are in 2009 we all n
know what **** has turned to now days...

Dude ive had lots of crappy internet deals, but when it came down to it I knew that there was **** I really could do cuzz I bought the **** used... give his *** a big *** a BAD trader rating n what not and swallow the loss... really what screws it up for you is the amount of time it took you to realize the ****...
Old 10-24-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I really hope this isn't the common intelligence of people in Texas???? Who on here does not understand that the man paid for a YANK and didn't get one????? Xplicit has no grounds for not refunding this mans money, that's all there is to it and for anyone to say otherwise suggests to me that whoever does, may be a scammer themselves....
Old 10-25-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
Wow, I really hope this isn't the common intelligence of people in Texas???? Who on here does not understand that the man paid for a YANK and didn't get one????? Xplicit has no grounds for not refunding this mans money, that's all there is to it and for anyone to say otherwise suggests to me that whoever does, may be a scammer themselves....
he waited 2 months that's why... personally i believe the op, BUT in reality he could have done anything to it in that amount of time... he could have installed it and ragged the **** out of it and then got a stock one and claim that's what he was sent and try to get his money back for his screw up... do i think this is what really happened?... no, but he should have addressed the issue when he recieved the item, there's no way around that so i think he pretty much screwed himself
Old 10-25-2009, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

I'm sure the people defending him on here are his buddies.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I could see that maybe.....if the seller has refuted that what is in the picture isn't what he sent out....he didn't do that so obviously he knows that what is in the pic is clearly what he sent....if he had any integrity at all, he would refund the money just because the item sent was not the item described....
Old 10-25-2009, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
says the guy from kentucky?
Old 10-25-2009, 12:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Red00
I'm sure the people defending him on here are his buddies.
i hope you aren't talking about me... i don't know either one of them and am not defending either one of them... i'm just calling it how i see it
Old 10-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

well don't know the guy/guys whatever... But seriously, 2 months... and is it a yank? who knows... install it then man and see what it does... I could install it in a couple hrs with jack stands and hand tools, so try it out see where it stalls n what not... he said it was a yank, maybe he lied? maybe he bought it from someone that told him it was then he had it restalled to his liking? who cares!
he went off what seems to be real ****, you WANNA PROVE he is wrong well then install it and see if it stalls at all and if so where about? then you can prove him 100% liar!
Old 10-25-2009, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mr_montellano
you WANNA PROVE he is wrong well then install it and see if it stalls at all and if so where about? then you can prove him 100% liar!
Yank said it wasn't one of theirs, that proves it.

neutron82, I was aiming that at the 1 post people.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:27 AM
TECH Resident

Come on, 60 days is not that long, especially when you know good and well the part sat in his garage. Hell, I've got parts I bought 9 months ago I still haven't gotten around to installing yet. They're brand new, so I know they're good.

Anyway, the bottom line is this....

1. The buyer did not get what the seller claimed to be selling.

2. The seller said that when the buyer had "PROOF," he would consider a refund. He got his "PROOF" and THEN wanted to press the 60 day issue.

3. Any seller that's worth a **** will do his homework BEFORE listing something for sale. The fact that this POS didn't, says alot about his character.

Give him his money back. It won't be a complete loss for you. You can re-sell it (under the correct circumstances) to get some money, and maybe your reputation, back.

Finally, isn't it considered fraud when you mis-represent something and profit off of that subterfuge? What about the fact that this was done across state lines? Have you contacted the Texas authorities at all?
Old 10-25-2009, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
says the guy from kentucky?
Kind of ironic huh?
Old 10-25-2009, 01:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Corny40
Come on, 60 days is not that long, especially when you know good and well the part sat in his garage. Hell, I've got parts I bought 9 months ago I still haven't gotten around to installing yet. They're brand new, so I know they're good.

Anyway, the bottom line is this....

1. The buyer did not get what the seller claimed to be selling.

2. The seller said that when the buyer had "PROOF," he would consider a refund. He got his "PROOF" and THEN wanted to press the 60 day issue.

3. Any seller that's worth a **** will do his homework BEFORE listing something for sale. The fact that this POS didn't, says alot about his character.

Give him his money back. It won't be a complete loss for you. You can re-sell it (under the correct circumstances) to get some money, and maybe your reputation, back.

Finally, isn't it considered fraud when you mis-represent something and profit off of that subterfuge? What about the fact that this was done across state lines? Have you contacted the Texas authorities at all?
Outstanding post, spot on...any seller worth his salt could absorb this return with no issues, apparently this seller is a broke *** bitch...Man up an make it right!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:24 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see both sides, and both have good arguments on reasons not to do what the other is asking. My solution is to find something that will make you both ok with the situation (Compromise). Notice I didn't say Happy cause in situations like this NO ONE is going to be happy unless each has the outcome as they want it etc... Like offer to eat the shipping charges and see if he would refund the product amount. Like that could be the price you paid for waiting 2 months. Just a suggestion cause its shitty on both ends at this point. GL!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so i have just spend the past like hour reading this guys stall issues with xplicit and another issue where xplicit was defending darkdemon for reveiving ppl's money via pay pal and getting parts that were not as explained or just not getting their parts at all and then 23 days later finally hearing from guy but anyways... he knew it was not a yank stall, he sold it as one, BOTTOM LINE! yeah the guy did wait sixty or so days but like someone else said he sent a pic of it to him and he did not say anything about that not being what he sent him... so OBVIOUSLY thats what he sent him, he also said he needs evidence before he would do a refund, evidence was given and proven the buyer was right and xplicit came up with another excuse... he is full of excuses and b/s, n no matter what he does now he could not change my view of him, in my eyes... oh yeah one more thing, KARMA IS A BITCH!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by posz28
Personally I woulsnt but anything from Xplicit because of other reasons BUT honestly you shouldnt have waited until 2 months to wait to complain. IMO the deal is done but I understand your POV. It does suck but good luck.
Wow as much beef as we have i didnt expect that. Thanks joey.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Personally I would just refund the mans money and call it a day before my name gets bashed all over the Internet for $410.00. I'm sure the converter could be re-sold to recover some of the loses, chalk it up as a lesson learned. Looks like both parties was unaware of what they had, **** happens...

I do agree if the man bought a Yank then he needs a Yank converter. This bullshit I keep hearing "Put it in and if it stalls to 3600 then there is not Problem" is a bunch of bullshit. No one know where this man is going to go with his build, Yank is known for building their converter with good parts there for they last. If he was looking for a cheap no name converter then he would have never looked at buying a "Yank".

No different than someone selling you a 408 with a Dart block and then it show up with a stock block, wouldn't you be pissed?

Just a thought, maybe have the not satisfied buyer re-sale the converter and re-fund him the difference so that you are not out the $50.00 for shipping. Just work something out so that both parties are satisfied, its not worth your name being ran through the mud over $410.00...

Last edited by Bad Chad; 10-25-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Launching!

This doesn't seem like an internet black mailing and op I"m sorry you have to go through this but it's learned here to many unsuspecting individuals to keep your guard up and that just because they are a sponsor on ANY board does not mean their word is good as gold. To any sponsor here that has not had any questionable blemishes here, keep up the hard work because we as individuals here look up to you all as the next step up away from the guy down the road who has no reputation good or bad and can scam us easily.

As someone else posted earlier, I would not like the burden of trying to defend my business reputation over $410.00. Would it not be the right thing for the op and explicit performance to come half way and accept a refund $205.00? Lesson learned from both and everybody that has read this, nobody is right, nobody is wrong.

It is a very disconcerning feeling getting the hook like that. I am not saying anything against the sponsor or op here but I too had the same thing happen to me but from a member here. He sold me a Vigilante T/C or an "ls1" when it was actually for an "lt1", I too didn't know $hit about T/C's so it took me a few months to finally get everything together and get it in to find out from Pavlok that it's not for an ls1, live and learn. The seller told me that whoever sold him the T/C told him it was for an ls1 stalled at 3200 *insert rolling smiley here*.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Dammit Chad you ninja'ed me.

Quick Reply: Please beware of XplicitPerformance