Help in Texas please

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help in Texas please

I'm looking at buying a Corvette in Midland TX. I live about 8 hours from there and would prefer to not drive that far to find out that the guy wasn't telling the truth about the car. Does anyone know a good shop that I could have the car taken too to have it inspected both mechanically and cosmetically?

Thanks for any/all help!!

Chad

Missing my 02 Z06!!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Can anyone help?
Old 11-02-2009, 07:56 AM
12 Second Club

I live like 20 miles from midland. Is this from an individual or?? aint any real performance shops so it may have to go to say a dealership. There is plenty to be taken to.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

There is a corvette restoration shop in Odessa but I'll have to get the name. Guy that owns it is a cool guy with a pretty nice corvette collection. I'm sure he'd know what to look for.

If I can find the name I'll post it up. If you just want an individual I'm sure I can dig someone or I know a few people that post on here from Midland.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Thanks thats great news from both of you. It is an individual. He is suppose to be sending me some more pics of the car so that I can see a few more angles. So if they pan out and hopefully he and I can reach an agreement this week, I will be asking for some help. So if you find the guys name, or have the name of a good dealership w/ mechanics to take it to, please post them up. Thanks again for all the help!!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chadsZ06
Thanks thats great news from both of you. It is an individual. He is suppose to be sending me some more pics of the car so that I can see a few more angles. So if they pan out and hopefully he and I can reach an agreement this week, I will be asking for some help. So if you find the guys name, or have the name of a good dealership w/ mechanics to take it to, please post them up. Thanks again for all the help!!
Do you know his name, color of the vette, year of vette, zo6 or a regular vette?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Teching In

I do not know his name. It is a 2001 Silver Metallic Z06.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:26 PM

I looked at that car! My boss was thinking about buying it. Your talking about the one with the black stripes on the fender and the black wheels and the wing right? I didnt actually see it in person, but I talked to some people that know the guy and I saw tons of pictures of it. Seems like a really solid car to me. The guy that owns it has his own business and it just a toy to him. He has ran it a couple of times but was complaining on another website about not being able to hook it up. I believe he has a nitrous kit half way installed on it also, but has never sprayed the car. If you would like me to do anything let me know. I live in andrews (like 35 miles away) but I will help in any way I can.