Originally Posted by 5w20
too much arguing

some coin needs to be thrown in the mix
my money is on CHON!
Old 11-27-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
actually its 600K!!! the contract was supposed to be at 144 and floyd went over the weight by 2-3 lbs.. then they try to negotiate with marquez who already signed the contract. he obviously looked alot bigger than marquez..HMMM..go figure!!

its funny how alot of the manny haters are saying floyd is too fast for manny.. oh really..well when was the last time he really used his speed to demolish his oppenent? cuz mannys speed destroyed hatton and oscar and the bigger cotto.. cotto even said manny was throwing from angles that he couldnt not even see from.

This fight will be alot closer than people think.
Originally Posted by SleeperZzZ28
floyd vs hatton, floyd didnt look that great. Pacman vs hatton.... I think we all seen what happens there. I think Pacman will not only beat floyd but put a hurtin on him bad.

watch MORE boxing then get back to me. props to yall for watching manny fight for a year.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
Mayweather would destroy him period.
if so, then why didnt mayweather fight him instead of marquez?
Old 11-27-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
watch MORE boxing then get back to me. props to yall for watching manny fight for a year.
again, a dumbass comment with nothing to show why floyd would win..

explain how floyd will just dismantle manny? remember what happend to roy jones who had the god given talent just like floyd has, when he fought a fighter who was hungry in tarver!!

i love seeing the clips of manny/mayweather on this thread and even in the clips, manny was more deadly with his speed than floyd was.

LOL..floyd wins cuz he punches fast during sparring and not on a guy just as equally fast in a real fight.

Last edited by TXZ28LS1; 11-27-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

explain how floyd will just dismantle manny? remember what happend to roy jones who had the god given talent just like floyd has, when he fought a fighter who was hungry in tarver!!

i love seeing the clips of manny/mayweather on this thread and even in the clips, manny was more deadly with his speed than floyd was.

LOL..floyd wins cuz he punches fast during sparring and not on a guy just as equally fast in a real fight.
Wow son. Do you not understand that Floyd has the best defense boxing has ever seen? Do you not notice that Manny leaves himself open for a lot of counter-punching which is all Floyd does?

Floyd didn't fight Manny his first fight back because that would be dumb. They are in talks now.

And for the record Manny has never said he wants to fight Floyd. But Floyd has said he wants to fight Manny.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow son. Do you not understand that Floyd has the best defense boxing has ever seen? Do you not notice that Manny leaves himself open for a lot of counter-punching which is all Floyd does?

Floyd didn't fight Manny his first fight back because that would be dumb. They are in talks now.

And for the record Manny has never said he wants to fight Floyd. But Floyd has said he wants to fight Manny.

why would that be dumb? your the best right? your undefeated right? you got money, you got belts, it would be to see who is the best.. so he took the easy route out. and if he didnt want to fight manny..then what does that tell you? LOL. you can be the best defense fighter of all time.. but ill take a guy with power, speed, can take hits, insane conditioning and most importanly hunger!!! manny comes to fight, thats why his last few fights have ended up in KO and not decisions.. if you paid attention you would see that.

manny leaves himself open, lol..thats another dumbass comment, if thats the case, then why hasnt he been knocked out? hatton and his power couldnt do anything, cotto and his big power couldnt do nothing... especially people think manny is too slow or sloppy...look at the people hes beaten and look how badly his last few fights!!! if you paid attention he gets better each fight, which he keeps proving all the doubters like yourself..LMAO!!

Last edited by TXZ28LS1; 11-28-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

why would that be dumb? your the best right? your undefeated right? you got money, you got belts, it would be to see who is the best.. so he took the easy route out. and if he didnt want to fight manny..then what does that tell you? LOL. you can be the best defense fighter of all time.. but ill take a guy with power, speed, can take hits, insane conditioning and most importanly hunger!!! manny comes to fight, thats why his last few fights have ended up in KO and not decisions.. if you paid attention you would see that.

manny leaves himself open, lol..thats another dumbass comment, if thats the case, then why hasnt he been knocked out? hatton and his power couldnt do anything, cotto and his big power couldnt do nothing... especially people think manny is too slow or sloppy...look at the people hes beaten and look how badly his last few fights!!! if you paid attention he gets better each fight, which he keeps proving all the doubters like yourself..LMAO!!

are you trolling me? you can't be serious with these responses. it's as if you don't know anything about boxing but for some reason act like Manny is amazing. do you understand different styles of fighting?
Old 11-28-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

You obviously do not pay attention to boxing in regards to Roy Jones.

Do you understand how losing weight in a short matter of time effects the body? Roy moved from heavyweight down to fight Tarver and Johnson. Try losing 20-25lbs of muscle in a 5-6 month period and see if you do not become dehydrated and lethargic?

Secondly, I have always like Manny. And I think he has come a long way from his beginnings at 106lbs. But, comparing his fight against a De La Hoya, in which another lethargic and dehydrated opponent who had to move down in weight(Oscar had not fought at that weight in over 10 years) opposed to someone who had to move up is asinine! Moving up in weight has a totally different affect on the body. Do you think Manny would be able to move back down to 106lbs and fight like he does now for his next fight? Hell no! Furthermore, Hatton is way over rated. Did you take into consideration who these people fought before fighting Manny?

I think people who are commenting on boxing watch to much UFC. The are two totally different sports in the way of being technical. Furthermore, in boxing, you can clearly witness the skill, beauty, sophistication, finesse and technique implied in the ring. Compared to mma, where it seems like two "Drunken" fighters are about to clash inside a bar!
Old 11-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Default the fight

I do not believe Pac leaves himself open. The problem for mayweather is going to be that Pac hits from all angles. He uses alot of footwork, I know mayweather does to but I think Mayweathers shoulder blocking isnt going to be so dominant. I think it will be a good fight if it happens. I did not read all the thread but these are a big ego. Mayweather thinks he should get 60/40 or 65/35. Pac says 50/50. Im thinking it will happen in march or may.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 25psi
Compared to mma, where it seems like two "Drunken" fighters are about to clash inside a bar!
LOL you obviously know nothing of MMA.

While boxers just work primarily on their hands and footwork, MMA fighters study Muay Thai boxing which involve elbows, head, punches, kicks, clinches, knees, etc. Using boxing footwork in a MMA environment you're just asking for your legs to be punished. Both use 2 totally different techniques. Not to mention Brazilian Jujitsu ground grappling. You can witness "the skill, beauty, sophistication, finesse and technique implied in the ring" when a smaller, weaker opponent can defend himself and make a bigger,stronger person tap out.

I love both sports, but describing MMA as ""Drunken" fighters are about to clash inside a bar!" is just ignorant.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Now their saying the fight could be in dallas at the new cowboy stadium
Old 11-28-2009, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

cotto's jab was landing alot at manny....and thats one of mayweathers best...i think manny is gna come forward alot and mayweather gna counter punch him and move out of the way......manny is gna get fustrated cuz he likes to brawl...and not mayweather he will hit and move hit and move getting those points
Old 11-28-2009, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

and hes lucky, a no 3 knockdown rule saved his ***..LOL..and he got knocked down again in the rematch..LOL..

yeah he got knocked down but manny was getting a beating after that lol
Old 11-28-2009, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUd1IXo385M
Old 11-28-2009, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

hey roy jones was the best of the best back in his prime days
Old 11-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Teching In

diablo z just a curiosity how did you became a mayweather fan just two months ago your against mayweather on the marquez vs mayweather fight?
Old 11-29-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

are you trolling me? you can't be serious with these responses. it's as if you don't know anything about boxing but for some reason act like Manny is amazing. do you understand different styles of fighting?

bro, have you really read what you typed? all you do is contradict yourself in everything you said..

first you say, that floyd is the best defense blah blah blah..and hell beat manny and then you say fighting manny for his first fight wouldnt be a smart move..

then you say, manny has never said he wanted to fight mayweather, but mayweather has..okay so how can you call out a fighter who was out of boxing almost 2 years.. yeah bro, its obvious you have no idea what your talking about.. stick to the light beers bro!!
Old 11-29-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ws6toto
diablo z just a curiosity how did you became a mayweather fan just two months ago your against mayweather on the marquez vs mayweather fight?

cuz manny beat another latin boxer..LMAO!!! theres none left..
Old 11-29-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

bro, have you really read what you typed? all you do is contradict yourself in everything you said..

first you say, that floyd is the best defense blah blah blah..and hell beat manny and then you say fighting manny for his first fight wouldnt be a smart move..

then you say, manny has never said he wanted to fight mayweather, but mayweather has..okay so how can you call out a fighter who was out of boxing almost 2 years.. yeah bro, its obvious you have no idea what your talking about.. stick to the light beers bro!!
wow, I don't mean to call names but you are beyond ignorant.

You are not even worth responding to and I have a feeling you have watched maybe one fight and that is where you are generating all your responses from. What does Floyd's defense have to do with fighting Manny on his first fight back? and where did I say anything about Manny needing to call out Floyd when he was retired??? Do you have trouble comprehending the English language?
Old 11-29-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow, I don't mean to call names but you are beyond ignorant.

You are not even worth responding to and I have a feeling you have watched maybe one fight and that is where you are generating all your responses from. What does Floyd's defense have to do with fighting Manny on his first fight back? and where did I say anything about Manny needing to call out Floyd when he was retired??? Do you have trouble comprehending the English language?
I think we both agree that Pac is a superior boxer than Marquez(overall). I really have a hard time understanding why it is difficult for you to understand what a warmup fight means!

Quick Reply: mayweather vs pacquiao