Who was this? (Yellow C5 Z06 w/yellow wheels, DFW)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vcious04
Sup Brad! Hit me up on my cell and let me know what time(s) you notice them at starbucks. Thats exactly where I have seen him hangout on occasions. Would love to stir the pot a little with my cheap'o f-body.

Where is all this madness goin on in ole Johnson County and how come I havent ever seen any of it.

I would like to come with and stir the pot with my slow LT1

I was with Zachs dad the other day and he took out the spool and is putting nitrous back on his camaro. We are both gonna go to Ennis with it when it opens back up just to see what it can do since Zach never got that chance. You should come with.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADMOON
Where is all this madness goin on in ole Johnson County and how come I havent ever seen any of it.

I was with Zachs dad the other day and he took out the spool and is putting nitrous back on his camaro. We are both gonna go to Ennis with it when it opens back up just to see what it can do since Zach never got that chance. You should come with.
You're always welcome to cruise along.

Zach's camaro is super slick. I saw it about a month ago at the car show @ the park in cleburne. I know Zach would be stoked to know what I have done now, Lol! Sure miss him. RIP Zach.

If Zachs Dad ever wants a single/twin turbo kit done for the ol' camaro, Labor is on me!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TINKRD
wow, making a name for yourself... we'll have to line'em up again come spring time.... but i'm willing to make a wager that it's going to be the same result as the last time we raced....
Me or Dan?

If me, yes you did pull me nasty on the 400 shot a few years back in my old slobra. I imagine when you get yours running, I will have already done a twin 67's with fully built motor making xxxx amount of power.

J/K, on a serious note, I don't really see whats in making more than 700-800rwhp, even on my little 650-700rwhp it gets sideways at 50-60mph with my fat hoosiers.

I thought about putting some stock rubber under the rear just to see what mph I can lite 'em up. But, staying alive talked me out of that.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

You're always welcome to cruise along.

Zach's camaro is super slick. I saw it about a month ago at the car show @ the park in cleburne. I know Zach would be stoked to know what I have done now, Lol! Sure miss him. RIP Zach.

If Zachs Dad ever wants a single/twin turbo kit done for the ol' camaro, Labor is on me!

Yeah that paint job came back great. Thats nice of you man , I had to talk his dad into putting spray back on it and taking it to the track and hotrodding it. I told him that its the way it was meant to be driven ***** to the wall everywhere.

PM sent
Old 12-07-2009, 10:02 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Me or Dan?

If me, yes you did pull me nasty on the 400 shot a few years back in my old slobra. I imagine when you get yours running, I will have already done a twin 67's with fully built motor making xxxx amount of power.

J/K, on a serious note, I don't really see whats in making more than 700-800rwhp, even on my little 650-700rwhp it gets sideways at 50-60mph with my fat hoosiers.

I thought about putting some stock rubber under the rear just to see what mph I can lite 'em up. But, staying alive talked me out of that.
He isn't talking about me, I don't hardly ever race my car anymore.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADMOON

Here for the past month or two there has been about 10-15 ls vettes at starbucks in Cleburne.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Me or Dan?

lol. that night we raced it was only a a 250 shot. and the most it ever was on was 300.

that being said, it was making 800ft/lbs and had no problem hooking from a 50 hit on 315 BFG's....

you just need a good tire under the car. Slicks aren't always the best for traction when it comes to the streets homie

and if you REALLY wanted to get serious. you need to buy an Eboost2. (mines sitting in my office), you can progess teh boost in over time, or you can select boost by gear. (which is what i'm gonig to do).

like i said, it takes money to do a setup right, which is why it's taken me so long.....
Old 12-08-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol. that night we raced it was only a a 250 shot. and the most it ever was on was 300.

that being said, it was making 800ft/lbs and had no problem hooking from a 50 hit on 315 BFG's....

you just need a good tire under the car. Slicks aren't always the best for traction when it comes to the streets homie

and if you REALLY wanted to get serious. you need to buy an Eboost2. (mines sitting in my office), you can progess teh boost in over time, or you can select boost by gear. (which is what i'm gonig to do).

like i said, it takes money to do a setup right, which is why it's taken me so long.....
I thought you blew your stuff up banging off the rev limiter on the juice due to the tires spinning?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I thought you blew your stuff up banging off the rev limiter on the juice due to the tires spinning?
blew it up once. that was on the highway after i raced Donnie from Prostreet way back when. blew up b/c of lean condition b/c my pump was maxed out....

resleeved #7, put a new piston in and had the car another 3 month. then it was discovered there was a hair line fracture in the water jacket... who knows how that happened... RPM told me the machine shop did it when they resleeved it. but who knows. :shrug:

so i tore it down, sold off everything and started building this build. there isn't one part in this motor that was from the old motor.

hence why it's taken so long. new 408, new heads, intake, water pump, radi, tranny, clutch, turbo, IC, wastegate, boost controoler, ENTIRE new fuel system, 10pt cage....the list goes on and on and on!! lol
Old 12-08-2009, 03:31 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Who needs boost by gear just give it all she's got and hang the **** on. hahahahahaha
Old 12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dan03mach
Who needs boost by gear just give it all she's got and hang the **** on. hahahahahaha
that's b/c you dont make enough power to break the tires loose :p
Old 12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

+1, hell yeah Dan!! All I need is my MBC, works flawless!

That is funny, BUT, you will look back at this thread in a year (thats my eta to your completion) and say to yourself, "Damn, they were making about the same power I am making now a year later". OH SNAP!

I don't think you fully understand (no pun intended) what it TRULY takes to make a decent reliable 1xxxrwhp combo. Suspension, driveline, etc etc etc.

Another words, I think you would have more fun in the 700-800rwhp range than 1k+.

Last edited by Vcious04; 12-08-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:09 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

made more power then Tinkrd ever has...
Old 12-08-2009, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

+1, hell yeah Dan!! All I need is my MBC, works flawless!

That is funny, BUT, you will look back at this thread in a year (thats my eta to your completion) and say to yourself, "Damn, they were making about the same power I am making now a year later". OH SNAP!

I don't think you fully understand (no pun intended) what it TRULY takes to make a decent reliable 1xxxrwhp combo.
I'm pretty sure jp gets it lol. It's no different than you would expect. It takes a metric fuckton of money to go fast. Reliability is an illusion anyways. If you're like me no matter how much you spend on parts the thought is always there in your mind that it could blow the **** up due to a faulty part. Lol
Old 12-08-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adam02gt
I'm pretty sure jp gets it lol. It's no different than you would expect. It takes a metric fuckton of money to go fast. Reliability is an illusion anyways. If you're like me no matter how much you spend on parts the thought is always there in your mind that it could blow the **** up due to a faulty part. Lol
It's all about the Benjamins. $$$$$$$
Old 12-08-2009, 04:20 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by adam02gt
once you mod a car reliability goes out the window anyways. That is why I keep my tool box in the trunk. You never know when something might go wrong, just like that o ring on the fuel injector that split a few weeks back. Little **** like that will put you on the side of the road real quick...
Old 12-08-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

made more power then Tinkrd ever has...
true dat!

i think i edged you out on TQ though...
Old 12-08-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

once you mod a car reliability goes out the window anyways. That is why I keep my tool box in the trunk. You never know when something might go wrong, just like that o ring on the fuel injector that split a few weeks back. Little **** like that will put you on the side of the road real quick...
To a certain extent, yes, modding does away with reliablity. I guarantee making 700-800rwhp is ALOT more reliable than making 1k+.

But on the other side, JP could build a monster and just run low boost and still make nice power. Thats what I would do and plan on doing. Wouldn't it be great to make 800rwhp on 10-12psi.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:23 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

true dat!

i think i edged you out on TQ though...
lol its been on the dyno since then.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

true dat.

i'm not hating on you or Jeremy. i think ya'lls rides are sick for what's done to them. you're faster then 98% of the cars on the road. all i'm saying is i started my build to go after that last 2 %

the time will come when we line'em up 3 wide. take my word

Quick Reply: Who was this? (Yellow C5 Z06 w/yellow wheels, DFW)