Texas vS Bama

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wonder how Toby Gerhart would have done in the SEC.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the game will be more competitive than most "experts" seem to think. We need to stop ingram and be able to move the ball on the bama D. Easier said than done. I just need that line to creep up to about +7.5.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
I think the game will be more competitive than most "experts" seem to think. We need to stop ingram and be able to move the ball on the bama D. Easier said than done. I just need that line to creep up to about +7.5.
Davis and Muschamp said they found the tendencies that Nebraska and OU exploited, we were basically giving some plays away before the snap.

Muschamp said he has some plays in his playbook that we haven't run all season. Davis also feels confident in his game plan.

I think UT will win be 10+
Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 AM
11 Second Club

here you go, all TCU fans and BSU fans start writing the schools!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4745381

big ten looks to become the ???? but are addding another school.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Pretty sure the offer will go to Notre Dame, as it did in 99. Imagine Brian Kelly will push for it. The Big 10 has been trying to pull them forever and make it the Big 11. They are still indipendent in football, but would have to leave the big east for all other sports.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Ok, a few points to ponder here:

Gerhard would not do **** against the SEC defenders, as someone has said he is literally a man among boys...in his conference
Someone keeps bringing up Bama's performance in the Tennessee and Auburn games, so let me refute. Bama played Tenn as the 8th straight game of their season and Tenn had the previoius week off. Bama should have lost but persevered. The Auburn game was the last of the season, and Bama was looking forward to playing Florida based on the 36-0 game last year. Auburn also had 2 weeks to prepare when Bama had a short week. What are the excuses for the Nebraska fiasco?

And whoever says that Texas defense is best, please shut your ignorant mouth and go find Texas some running game
Old 12-16-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PIZDETS
And whoever says that Texas defense is best, please shut your ignorant mouth and go find Texas some running game
Texas has a much better defense than Alabama.

You're probably looking at stats and saying "noway" even though Texas is better in significant categories. But you aren't realizing that Texas starters on defense did not play a lot of 4th quarters and were subbed out a lot in 3rd quarters.

Texas has a better defense, athletes and defensive coordinator than Alabama.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:55 PM
LS7 Member

Ok, a few points to ponder here:

Gerhard would not do **** against the SEC defenders, as someone has said he is literally a man among boys...in his conference
Someone keeps bringing up Bama's performance in the Tennessee and Auburn games, so let me refute. Bama played Tenn as the 8th straight game of their season and Tenn had the previoius week off. Bama should have lost but persevered. The Auburn game was the last of the season, and Bama was looking forward to playing Florida based on the 36-0 game last year. Auburn also had 2 weeks to prepare when Bama had a short week. What are the excuses for the Nebraska fiasco?

Pretty much the same as yours... Texas was looking ahead to the National Championship, etc.

Go find Bama a passing game.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by redz_02
Pretty sure the offer will go to Notre Dame, as it did in 99. Imagine Brian Kelly will push for it. The Big 10 has been trying to pull them forever and make it the Big 11. They are still indipendent in football, but would have to leave the big east for all other sports.
wonder what they will call it. They already have 11 teams....
Old 12-16-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Domsz06
wonder what they will call it. They already have 11 teams....
Back in 99 they wanted to call it the big 11, but Notre Dame thinks their **** doesn't stink and denied the proposal. It would help their program alot. You just can't be an independent team and be successfull the way polls go now. Back in the mid 90's they were close to unstoppable, now, not so much.

To 2slow:
As for the "bama needs a passing game" having a reliable rushing game you don't need to throw 500 passes a season. It's old school football reasoning(which is what Saban is) that if you can run the ball effectively, you run it until it can be stopped, and to first establish the run. With rotation of three solid running backs, it's hard to stop bamas running game. McElroy still has a PR of 142, 17 TD's, and 61 percent completions and he displayed his playing ability in the SEC Championship. For a 300ish P. Att. season that's not considered a bad passing game, they just emphasize more on even offensive production. This is also based on a 50/50 based offense which has the QB under center the majority of the time.

I imagine Texas will setup to stop the run (Muschamps supposed hidden plays), and run a 5-2 or somthing similar to slow down the run. That will put more pressure on McElroy and the passing game. I just don't think they can completely take the running game out of the equation as they did against Nebraska. B/c McElroy is much better than Zach Lee (who is the shittiest QB in the big 12), and Julio Jones is healthy.

And how does Texas have a better defensive Co-ordinator, Saban has been coaching solid defenses since the 70's under successfull programs. I'm not saying Mushchamp is bad, just giving credit where credit is due. I know Saban is the head coach not the DC, but i'm pretty sure he puts in his 2 cents. To say one is better than the other accross the board at this point cannot be proven. A comparison could be made if they had played at least some of the same teams, but considering the caliber of teams played, my vote goes to bama.

Last edited by redz_02; 12-16-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

And how does Texas have a better defensive Co-ordinator, Saban has been coaching solid defenses since the 70's under successfull programs. I'm not saying Mushchamp is bad, just giving credit where credit is due. I know Saban is the head coach not the DC, but i'm pretty sure he puts in his 2 cents. To say one is better than the other accross the board at this point cannot be proven. A comparison could be made if they had played at least some of the same teams, but considering the caliber of teams played, my vote goes to bama.

I'm just basing it on the student/master theory. Muschamp studied under the best and has proven to be the best no matter where he has coached. He also has faced the most diverse offenses then just about any defensive coordinator in the country.

He is in charge of 4 defensive backs that will be in the NFL: Earl Thomas, Curtis Brown, Aaron Williams (our best corner) and Chykie Brown.

Solid group of LB's that can play sideline to to sideline. Yes, Bama has a better LB than anybody on Texas.

Our D-Line is completely underrated: The super versitle Sergio Kindle that has been ruining backfields all season. Lamar Houston who has been a force for the big slow O-Linemen. Acho who has a nose for the ball (along with his brother the LB). Then big Ben Alexander has come into his own.

Just the talent that Muschamp has to work with and the schemes that he has coached under and developed make him the best defensive coordinator out there.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

But don't forget who gave him is first DC job at a BCS school. So you're telling me that the number 1 team in the country who beat the number one team in the country has no tallent on D? So Terrence Cody (projected 5th pick in the draft and the only true nose tackle), Javier Arenas (projected 1st round), Justin Woodall, Brandon Deaderick, Lorenzo Washington, Rolando McClain (projected 2nd round), and Kareem Jackson are all talentless and are going in the NFL draft within the first 4 rounds for nothing. Rolando McClain, Terrence Cody, and Javier Arenas will probably start their rookie season.

We could trade names all day long, but both defenses are brutal. Comparing them now is pointless b/c there is nothing to compare. If Texas had played any of the teams bama played and vice versa, then we could talk. Considering next year, both defenses will be stripped of most of the current tallent.

btw, nice use of adjectives.

Last edited by redz_02; 12-16-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

But don't forget who gave him is first DC job at a BCS school. So you're telling me that the number 1 team in the country who beat the number one team in the country has no tallent on D? So Terrence Cody (projected 5th pick in the draft and the only true nose tackle), Javier Arenas (projected 1st round), Justin Woodall, Brandon Deaderick, Lorenzo Washington, Rolando McClain (projected 2nd round), and Kareem Jackson are all talentless and are going in the NFL draft within the first 4 rounds for nothing. Rolando McClain, Terrence Cody, and Javier Arenas will probably start their rookie season.

We could trade names all day long, but both defenses are brutal. Comparing them now is pointless b/c there is nothing to compare. If Texas had played any of the teams bama played and vice versa, then we could talk.

btw, nice use of adjectives.
I didn't mean to come off the Alabama had no talent on D. They have a great defense.

Cody is good but offers nothing in the pass rush game. Arenas is good but would be the 3rd best corner back on our team (maybe 4th). McClain is a better LB then we have on our team. Washington is big for a DE, I believe he used to be a DT. Jackson is good but is not near the athlete or talented as the 4 DBs I named for Texas.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
Texas has a much better defense than Alabama.

You're probably looking at stats and saying "noway" even though Texas is better in significant categories. But you aren't realizing that Texas starters on defense did not play a lot of 4th quarters and were subbed out a lot in 3rd quarters.

Texas has a better defense, athletes and defensive coordinator than Alabama.
WOW, here I thought you guys watched football, sad. Firstly Texas plays a pansy schedule that is why their defensive stats may compare well with Alabama who plays much tougher opponents weekly.

Will Muschamp actually worked UNDER Saban for most of his career, so you might say he learned from the master. Every time McCoy drops back to throw he is being set up by Bama's D, just remember that on Jan 7th.

To all the geniuses who are impressed with throwing the ball 40+ times per game that is fine, it is the way your team plays the game and that is what it takes to win against your opponents. Bama is a ball control offense and will not let you be on the field much, try and score from the sideline.
And Bama has a passing game, please go and take a look at the QB comparison of McCoy and McElroy at the Archie Manning passing academy prior to the season.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Launching!

Bama is a ball control offense and will not let you be on the field much, try and score from the sideline
First, Texas leads the nation in defensive touchdowns so I'm sorry if "scoring from the sideline" doesn't quite concern me as much as you want it to. Second, how are you expecting Alabama's offense to dominate the game when Texas has the nation's top ranked rushing defense and leads the nation in interceptions as well?

I don't mind someone having pride or confidence in their team, but this blind one-sided worship BS is getting old and bordering on straight trolling. If you want to debate stats or facts that's fine, but why does someone always have to come in and try to devolve it into a ****-talking flame war?
Old 12-16-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW, here I thought you guys watched football, sad. Firstly Texas plays a pansy schedule that is why their defensive stats may compare well with Alabama who plays much tougher opponents weekly.
by pansy schedule you mean teams that actually have offense? oh and two of the best defensive teams in college football?

Will Muschamp actually worked UNDER Saban for most of his career, so you might say he learned from the master. Every time McCoy drops back to throw he is being set up by Bama's D, just remember that on Jan 7th.
I did say he learned from the master, then added plenty of his own tricks. Every time McCoy drops back to throw he is being setup by Bama's D??? What does that even mean?

Alabama's D will be wheezing when UT picks up the tempo, yall have a good defense, but also a big defense.

To all the geniuses who are impressed with throwing the ball 40+ times per game that is fine, it is the way your team plays the game and that is what it takes to win against your opponents. Bama is a ball control offense and will not let you be on the field much, try and score from the sideline.
And Bama has a passing game, please go and take a look at the QB comparison of McCoy and McElroy at the Archie Manning passing academy prior to the season.
Utah has something to say about throwing it 40 times on Alabama and running a no huddle offense.

Alabama's heisman winner doesn't scare UT's defense. We faced a better running back in last year's bowl game who gashed us for a lot of yards....because we had to account for Terrel Pryor. It will be easy to single out Ingram.

Good for McElroy at the academy (who lost to Jerrod Johnson), he hasn't faced a secondary as good as UT's once in his life.

Don't forget what Archie said about McCoy:
“I have had the opportunity to watch all these young college quarterbacks in games and also in highlights, but the one guy I was more impressed with in person than just watching on television was Colt (McCoy),” Manning said. “Colt reminds me a lot of Drew Brees. He is smart, very accurate, he has great field presence and he has better arm strength than many give him credit for. Colt has a super quick release and that ball comes out of there real fast. He is a great college quarterback and he has a chance to be a real good NFL starter also.”
Old 12-17-2009, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW

Good for McElroy at the academy (who lost to Jerrod Johnson), he hasn't faced a secondary as good as UT's once in his life.

Uh oh, you giving an Aggie credit
Old 12-17-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Uh oh, you giving an Aggie credit
unfortunately, since I've graduated from UT, I've only been to one game after the stadium was renovated and I've been to 3 games in college stations.

it's quite sad
Old 12-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Heisman curse, Texas wins a close one and colt has a break threw performance. Ut is a clutch team, they are down at times and have terrible performances at times but when they need to come threw, Colt is leader and will find a way to get the W! Hooke em!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

O and i went to school and played with Gideon, the secondary will be plenty ready for Ingram to try and run it up the middle (as they do almost 90% of the time).

Quick Reply: Texas vS Bama