Texas vS Bama

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010 | 02:03 AM
Teching In

That's a helluva way to break in a new QB. That guy is going to be like ice next year after surviving tonight. Hook em!
Old 01-08-2010 | 06:45 AM
Teching In

I knew when McCoy went out all we would hear about was "we would have won if McCoy was in".... All it showed was a lack of toughness on his part. Yes he has millions waiting for him, but i'm sorry, if you cant tough out a pinched nerve in what is without a doubt the biggest game of your career thus far, then something is wrong, because NFL quarterbacks get demolished every week and play through injuries on games that don't matter near as much. Ex: Schaub came got his non-throwing shoulder dislocated (which is still important for throwing) and came back in the same game and did well.
I think it does show for the completeness of a team as to whether one player makes or breakes your chance to win.

Gilbert showed toughness and resolve, he has a bright future.

That UT "top ranked" rush defense really got exposed last night.
Old 01-08-2010 | 07:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tex7387
I knew when McCoy went out all we would hear about was "we would have won if McCoy was in".... All it showed was a lack of toughness on his part. Yes he has millions waiting for him, but i'm sorry, if you cant tough out a pinched nerve in what is without a doubt the biggest game of your career thus far, then something is wrong, because NFL quarterbacks get demolished every week and play through injuries on games that don't matter near as much. Ex: Schaub came got his non-throwing shoulder dislocated (which is still important for throwing) and came back in the same game and did well.
I think it does show for the completeness of a team as to whether one player makes or breakes your chance to win.

you mean the defense that never got a chance to catch a break due to greg trying to run a no huddle and rush the ball every 3 plays?

lets get serious, a hard nosed rushing team will wear down a defense when they get no rest due to no offensive production...

secondly, you think colt sat on the sideline because he wanted too? i'm sure there is a good reason as to why he didn't step back on that field.
Old 01-08-2010 | 07:36 AM
TECH Junkie

They should have put VY in.

I saw some glimpses of good play out of Gilbert, but there were also some horrible mistakes in there. I guess that is to be expected by a Freshman who suddenly has to play his first minutes in the damn BCS Championship game.

The Longhorns showed a lot of heart last night and their defense stepped up big time.
Old 01-08-2010 | 07:55 AM
Texas Director

Congrats to Alabama on getting the win. It was tough to see Colt go out as a senior with an injury in a game of that magnitude, but those are the breaks. I'm looking forward to watching Gilbert in the next three years, who will end up being a really good QB at Texas.
Old 01-08-2010 | 08:21 AM
TECH Addict

The D held up very well with all the turn overs and points from them. They didn`t give up, just got worn down. This kid is going to have more talent than Colt did, he will get his chance to fix this. Bama knows they got lucky with Colt getting hurt, the emotion of him getting injuried really effected our team for a while. Bama`s D wasn`t as good as everyone has said, Texas showed that! Texas will get no respect from that game in the rankings! Sucks bigtime.. This kid felt bad about his key turnovers at the end of the game and Bama could have run the clock out. Instead they ran the score up, what goes around comes around Bama!! Remember that! McBrown wouldn`t have done that, not his way...

Texas Bama
1st Downs 15 16
3rd down efficiency 6-17 2-12
4th down efficiency 0-0 0-1
Total Yards 276 263
Passing 195 58
Comp-Att 17-42 6-12
Yards per pass 4.6 4.8
Rushing 81 205
Rushing Attempts 28 51
Yards per rush 2.9 4.0
Penalties 8-77 5-38
Turnovers 5 2
Fumbles lost 1 1
Interceptions thrown 4 1
Possession 26:21 33:39

Last edited by beardWS6; 01-08-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-08-2010 | 08:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who questions Colt McCoy's injury, or claims he didn't play because he was worried about his NFL future can EAFD. If you're a quarterback and you can't grip or even feel the football, you're going to do your team more harm than good. If you think Gilbert made some bad throws, imagine what Colt would have done with basically no control over his throwing arm.

I gotta stop listening to sports talk radio. It just raises my blood pressure.

-Mike
Old 01-08-2010 | 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by -Ross-
They should have put VY in.

I saw some glimpses of good play out of Gilbert, but there were also some horrible mistakes in there. I guess that is to be expected by a Freshman who suddenly has to play his first minutes in the damn BCS Championship game.

The Longhorns showed a lot of heart last night and their defense stepped up big time.
VY still has a year of eligibility, right They showed a lot of heart, morale definitely took a heavy blow when Colt was knocked out of the game. I think a lot of teams would have laid down and died, they got back in there and made it a game.
Old 01-08-2010 | 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got kinda excited when ever i think on one of the time outs in the 3rd corder I seen mc coy walk on the field with his gear on , went to commercials and he was not in : ( , but it was a hell of a game , didnt really like how they mest up the last plays in the 4th quarter ...
Old 01-08-2010 | 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tex7387

You have posted some of the dumbest **** on here. Shaub got his LEFT arm hurt, not his throwing shoulder. McCoys THROWING ARM GOT HURT. On ESPN they said his dad was in the locker room throwing with him and he couldnt grip the ball and didnt know where it would go. The trainers sat him out even tho he wanted to come back. Why they called a damn option, we will never know.
Old 01-08-2010 | 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

alabama got lucky. they know it and so does everyone else
Old 01-08-2010 | 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SHovV
alabama got lucky. they know it and so does everyone else
They beat a considerably weakened UT.
Old 01-08-2010 | 01:20 PM
On The Tree

I would be mad too, but dont take away the fact that Alabama took out your qb, give credit where it is due. Its not that he had previous injury or was not slated to play. He is a puss for not stepping up and did not really seem that upset about missing the biggest game of his career.

And yes 9 months till next season, Ive been a hardcore fan through thick and thin and probably longer than you. YOU are the bandwagon crew GreatWhite.

The freshman qb did an amazing job and almost won the game, the future looks good for Texas
Old 01-08-2010 | 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PIZDETS
I would be mad too, but dont take away the fact that Alabama took out your qb, give credit where it is due. Its not that he had previous injury or was not slated to play. He is a puss for not stepping up and did not really seem that upset about missing the biggest game of his career.

And yes 9 months till next season, Ive been a hardcore fan through thick and thin and probably longer than you. YOU are the bandwagon crew GreatWhite.

The freshman qb did an amazing job and almost won the game, the future looks good for Texas
I'm the Bandwagoneer and I was born watching UT football, born in '84...UT fan my whole life..yeah you're right

don't get me wrong, Bama won the game, I'm fine with that, nothing I could have controlled, but calling Colt a "puss" and all that is just stupid you get in there and take a helmet to the shoulder like that and see what you do in that situation....

Last edited by GreatWhiteZ28; 01-08-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2010 | 01:35 PM
Launching!

He is a puss for not stepping up and did not really seem that upset about missing the biggest game of his career.
It's obvious that you've never played the QB position because that was one of the most ignorant things I've heard thus far...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...yhoo&type=lgns

You think it would have been smarter to put a QB with very little feeling in his arm and almost zero grip or accuracy back in the game? Yeah, that would have turned out well. For the record, he did everything he could to try to convince them to let him play; luckily, they knew better. As far as not seeming very upset, what did you want him to do, pull a Tebow and start bawling on the sidelines? He could barely even talk about it in the post game interview. I would say that's pretty upset.
Old 01-08-2010 | 01:42 PM
Banned

I can't believe Texas fans are saying that the reason why they lost is because Colt got hurt. HELLOOO, thats EXACTLY how you got to championship game, by taking out Sam Bradford!!! LLOLOL. I think its poetic justice. I LOL'd, and gonna save this game for everytime I need a good laugh...
And don't tell me that Alabama got lucky, Texas has gotten HUGE breaks to even get to that game. If anything, TEXAS is lucky for even being there. I believe that Alabama would have won anyway, Colt or no Colt. Excuses excuse excuses. As mmiller said earlier, "you have to have the talent to plug in there in case there is an injury". YOU SAID IT!! I for one am not that impressed with your Gilbert. I think OU will have a nice win streak on this team for the next few years.
mmiller-I totally own your ***. I told you bama would beat Texas. I told you that OU would pass Texas in the BCS polls last year, I told you that tech would beat OSU in Lubbock last year. I even told you that Ohio State would beat Texas in '06 (yeah, that was me). You failed to pay up on ANY of your bets. Not only are you stupid, but your dishonest, which tells me alot about your character. You are one sorry POS. BTW-since all of my predictions have been right I'm making one more, OU WILL BEAT Texas next year, mark it down. I think it will be alot like 2000-2004 all over again. BOOMER SOONER!!

Excuses is all you have now. Bottom line, YOU were lucky to even have been there, AND YOU KNOW IT!!
Old 01-08-2010 | 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by csmithatyahoodotcom
I can't believe Texas fans are saying that the reason why they lost is because Colt got hurt. HELLOOO, thats EXACTLY how you got to championship game, by taking out Sam Bradford!!! LLOLOL. I think its poetic justice. I LOL'd, and gonna save this game for everytime I need a good laugh...
And don't tell me that Alabama got lucky, Texas has gotten HUGE breaks to even get to that game. If anything, TEXAS is lucky for even being there. I believe that Alabama would have won anyway, Colt or no Colt. Excuses excuse excuses. As mmiller said earlier, "you have to have the talent to plug in there in case there is an injury". YOU SAID IT!! I for one am not that impressed with your Gilbert. I think OU will have a nice win streak on this team for the next few years.
mmiller-I totally own your ***. I told you bama would beat Texas. I told you that OU would pass Texas in the BCS polls last year, I told you that tech would beat OSU in Lubbock last year. I even told you that Ohio State would beat Texas in '06 (yeah, that was me). You failed to pay up on ANY of your bets. Not only are you stupid, but your dishonest, which tells me alot about your character. You are one sorry POS. BTW-since all of my predictions have been right I'm making one more, OU WILL BEAT Texas next year, mark it down. I think it will be alot like 2000-2004 all over again. BOOMER SOONER!!

Excuses is all you have now. Bottom line, YOU were lucky to even have been there, AND YOU KNOW IT!!

this guy didn't go to college, and doesn't follow college football.

get a life.
Old 01-08-2010 | 01:50 PM
Launching!

ou db bs
7420?
Old 01-08-2010 | 01:54 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

"Almost won the game" is a stretch, I watched the whole game. I was rootin' for Texas as the under dog so I'm not trying to be harsh but honestly Bama was holding back they could have run the score up even more.
Old 01-08-2010 | 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well aren't you just a bundle of maturity?? takes a real douche bag to create a fake account using another person email as your user name....you can rant and rave about how you were right at picking the winners of those games but guess what....no one cares...you are the type of person that give Sooner Fans a bad name, not only do you make yourself look like a tool, but you do it for all the other Sooner Fans...not impressed with Gilbert?? that's fine, you'll like him alot less next year when he makes that OU secondary look stupid at the Red River Shootout...

Quick Reply: Texas vS Bama