Texas vS Bama

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TCU would get destroyed in any real Conf.

I'd make more points, but "2 Slow" already nailed them all.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
TCU would have two losses if they played in the Big 12 and they know it. Funny how all the coaches felt UT was deserving, just not the biased fans.
This is why there needs to be a playoff system. I would love to see TCU play Texas or Bama and see how good they really are instead of hearing nothing but opinions.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 325trooper
This is why there needs to be a playoff system. I would love to see TCU play Texas or Bama and see how good they really are instead of hearing nothing but opinions.
Thank you...thats what we all want here. Its so annoying people that don't give us the cred. we deserve.

Have any of you seen how TCU can play! After the BYU game they destroyed every single team by huge margins!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Teching In

SO lets see those commanding UT wins then..OU??? Tech?? Baylor?? UTEP?? ULM?? A&M?? I can't find the good wins? Only the wins where they play shitty in conference or out of conference teams. And when they finally had to play somebody that was good, they couldn't get anything going.

Everyone on the planet nutrides UTAH and BYU after BYU beats OU, and UTAH goes underfeated. TCU beats both. Put TCU in the Big 12, and they are big 12 champions THIS year for sure. TCU is the only complete package, next to Bama. That is the real BCS national championship, TCU vs Bama.

Either way, the thread is about Texas vs Alabama and Texas gets destroyed.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 325trooper
I agree. Playoffs would be aweosme.

First Round:

Alabama vs. Ohio State

Texas vs. Oregon

Cincy vs. Boise State

TCU vs. Florida

that would make millions and millions $$$$$$$$$
Old 12-07-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PT 86
SO lets see those commanding UT wins then..OU??? Tech?? Baylor?? UTEP?? ULM?? A&M?? I can't find the good wins? Only the wins where they play shitty in conference or out of conference teams. And when they finally had to play somebody that was good, they couldn't get anything going.

Everyone on the planet nutrides UTAH and BYU after BYU beats OU, and UTAH goes underfeated. TCU beats both. Put TCU in the Big 12, and they are big 12 champions THIS year for sure. TCU is the only complete package, next to Bama. That is the real BCS national championship, TCU vs Bama.

Either way, the thread is about Texas vs Alabama and Texas gets destroyed.

I think you only watched MWC football this year, get out of your bubble.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Teching In

I only watched about 5 games total this year. I don't have cable. I watched TCU crush UTAH. I watched UT just about lose, and McCoy make a complete *** of himself against Nebraska. I watched Florida get reamed by Alabama. And of course I watched the OU vs UT and UT vs A&M. Hey check that out, I watched more SEC and Big 12 games that MWC, and STILL know who the better teams are.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I only watched about 5 games total this year. I don't have cable. I watched TCU crush UTAH. I watched UT just about lose, and McCoy make a complete *** of himself against Nebraska. I watched Florida get reamed by Alabama. And of course I watched the OU vs UT and UT vs A&M. Hey check that out, I watched more SEC and Big 12 games that MWC, and STILL know who the better teams are.
So you watched one TCU game and act like you know how good they are.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Teching In

I don't need to stare at my TV all day every saturday to know Texas blows, didn't play anybody, technically lost the nebraska game, and have no commanding wins.

I also don't need to stare at my TV all day every saturday and watch TCU beat opponents that the country nut rides. I have a radio dude, that's what XM is for. I am on the road alot, therefore don't need to purchase cable. If you want we can pull up stats, and make this a boring thread or we can again..just leave it at Texas vs Alabama...who wins..
Old 12-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Launching!

TEXAS WILL WIN but should be a good game!!!
Tcu is a joke compared to TEXAS or Bama...
Old 12-07-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't need to stare at my TV all day every saturday to know Texas blows, didn't play anybody, technically lost the nebraska game, and have no commanding wins.

I also don't need to stare at my TV all day every saturday and watch TCU beat opponents that the country nut rides. I have a radio dude, that's what XM is for. I am on the road alot, therefore don't need to purchase cable. If you want we can pull up stats, and make this a boring thread or we can again..just leave it at Texas vs Alabama...who wins..
Texas blows and didn't play anybody, do you not understand strength of schedule ratings? TCU is the poster boy for "not playing anybody".

UT technically WON the Nebraska game. You are beyond ridiculous with your statements, maybe you've been on the road too much.

Please "pull up stats"
Old 12-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Ok strength of schedule gets Texas into the top 5, even if they played unranked teams. That's what the ranking system is fore to tell who is elite and who is not. Yet Texas manages to find teams that are not unranked whether they are IN THEIR CONFERENCE OR NOT. t..h..e..b..i..g..1..2..i..s..w..e..a..k.. You see what I am getting at?

They played a mediocre OU and struggled.

They played a great defense and struggled.

But they play a terrible A&M and smash.

They play louisiana monroe and win BIG..who?

They Baylor and win big..

see where I went with that?

Let me also add, that when Texas decides to dip into the MWC they know who to stay away from......quick someone tell that to Oklahoma..oops.

Last edited by PT 86; 12-07-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SEC is weak, Tebow proved that by crying on the bench late in the 4th
Old 12-07-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok strength of schedule gets Texas into the top 5, even if they played unranked teams. That's what the ranking system is fore to tell who is elite and who is not. Yet Texas manages to find teams that are not unranked whether they are IN THEIR CONFERENCE OR NOT. t..h..e..b..i..g..1..2..i..s..w..e..a..k.. You see what I am getting at?

They played a mediocre OU and struggled.

They played a great defense and struggled.

But they play a terrible A&M and smash.

They play louisiana monroe and win BIG..who?

They Baylor and win big..

see where I went with that?

Let me also add, that when Texas decides to dip into the MWC they know who to stay away from......quick someone tell that to Oklahoma..oops.

The first part of your post makes zero sense and the bolded part makes less sense.

Texas whooped TCU in 2007. Oklahoma lost to BYU after their Heisman winning QB got injured in the first half. You lack of football knowledge is quite impressive.

You must miss a lot of football on the radio.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Now everyone can compare scores and teams without leaving stuff out.

UT
9/05 Louisiana-Monroe W 59-20
9/12 Wyoming W 41-10
9/19 Texas Tech W 34-24
9/26 UTEP W 64-7
10/10 Colorado W 38-14
10/17 No. 20 Oklahoma W 16-13
10/24 Missouri W 41-7
10/31 No. 14 Oklahoma SU W 41-14
11/07 UCF W 35-3
11/14 Baylor W 47-14
11/21 Kansas W 51-20
11/26 Texas A&M W 49-39
12/05 No. 22 Nebraska W 13-12

TCU
9/12 Virginia W 30-14
9/19 Texas State W 56-21
9/26 Clemson W 14-10
10/03 Southern Methodist W 39-14
10/10 Air Force W 20-17
10/17 Colorado State W 44-6
10/24 No. 16 Brigham Young W 38-7
10/31 UNLV W 41-0
11/07 San Diego State W 55-12
11/14 No. 16 Utah W 55-28
11/21 Wyoming W 45-10
11/28 New Mexico W 51-10

Everyone wants to talk about UT barley beating Nebraska. Though TCU barely beat A.F. and Clemson. You can see they both have had close calls and a lot of dominating games.

Last edited by JeaneZ28; 12-07-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
I agree. Playoffs would be aweosme.

First Round:

Alabama vs. Ohio State

Texas vs. Oregon

Cincy vs. Boise State

TCU vs. Florida

that would make millions and millions $$$$$$$$$
Agreed
Old 12-07-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn look at that !! Texas state puttin up 21 points! Not even from the FBS!
Old 12-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Ok I am not sure what part of this 2 slow is missing, but I will try and say it again. Texas managed to play un-ranked teams whether IN their conference or un-ranked teams OUTSIDE their conference, yet you still want to talk about strength of schedule?? TCU beats up on two of the most nutridden teams this season..UTAH for being undefeated (at the time) and for BYU topping an OU....qb out or not. Hey Detroit lions might be heading to the NFC playoffs if it wasn't for their QB being out...

Im not even a TCU fan...and I can see who is the better all around, total package team.

Too bad Houston didn't have a better year.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok I am not sure what part of this 2 slow is missing, but I will try and say it again. Texas managed to play un-ranked teams whether IN their conference or un-ranked teams OUTSIDE their conference, yet you still want to talk about strength of schedule?? TCU beats up on two of the most nutridden teams this season..UTAH for being undefeated (at the time) and for BYU topping an OU....qb out or not. Hey Detroit lions might be heading to the NFC playoffs if it wasn't for their QB being out...

Im not even a TCU fan...and I can see who is the better all around, total package team.

Utah lost to Oregon at the beginning of the season before they played TCU.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I follow college football very closely and nobody "nutrode" BYU or UTAH. It is a fact that Texas's strength of schedule is 30 and TCU's is 75.

It's painfully obvious you don't follow college football so please stop "trying to say things again".

Quick Reply: Texas vS Bama