Texas vS Bama

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009 | 01:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
Utah lost to Oregon at the beginning of the season before they played TCU.
Got me there, got them confused with Boise!
Old 12-07-2009 | 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PT 86
Got me there, got them confused with Boise!
They havent played Boise, now you got me confused.
Old 12-07-2009 | 01:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
I follow college football very closely and nobody "nutrode" BYU or UTAH. It is a fact that Texas's strength of schedule is 30 and TCU's is 75.

It's painfully obvious you don't follow college football so please stop "trying to say things again".
Of course Texas' strength of schedule is greater because everyone thinks the BIG 12 is some magic land of awesomeness. When in reality it ranked right up there in the awesomeness of the pac-10 this year....BIG 12 is a usual contender there is no doubt, having 7 teams in the BCS championship since '99 or something. But like it or not, in my opinion the BIG 12 was very weak, so strength of schedule skewed like the rest of the BCS plays no part in the argument. In my opinion of course. We agree to disagree,man. I'm glad you like Texas so much, I don't dislike them..I just happen to think along with plenty of other people that TCU is the better team. Like I said, I was born and raised in Houston so I am a cougars fan. My team isn't in it, but I still picked a winner...which will be Alabama.

+1 for a playoff system.
Old 12-07-2009 | 01:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
They havent played Boise, now you got me confused.
Oregon did play Boise, where they lost.
Old 12-07-2009 | 01:12 PM
Texas Director

TCU did not get screwed out of playing for the NC. The best two teams are paired up and it'll be settled on the field. I agree that the BCS is BS and there needs to be a playoff system. Why the knuckleheads that run the BCS can't get their head out of their *** is beyond everyone. Unfortunately we're stuck with the BCS through 2014.

Funny how when an SEC team is in a low scoring, hard fought game it's a great game between to really good teams, but when Texas plays a close, defensive game or a close game against a rival they suck. TCU, Alabama and Cincy ALL had close games at some point this season, just as Texas did.

Bottom line is this, if TCU and Boise want to play with the big boys they need to get into a legitimate conference that has a BCS tie-in. That way they could earn their way in. They both at-large BCS teams this year. It is what it is for this bowl season and no amount of complaining is going to change that.

Yes, the Big XII is down this year. So is the Big 10, SEC, Pac 10 and others. There is no truly dominate team this year IMO.

Hook'em!
Old 12-07-2009 | 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

PT 86,

How can you say that the strength of schedule is skewed? IT's based on facts and rankings, nothing else. TCU, played fewer ranked teams and weaker teams then UT did, so therefore the Strength of schedule stands as it is.

I can see your argument in somethings, but as far as TCU being stronger in better... 2 Slow has more points then you.
Old 12-07-2009 | 01:15 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by mmiller
Funny how when an SEC team is in a low scoring, hard fought game it's a great game between to really good teams, but when Texas plays a close, defensive game or a close game against a rival they suck.
Are you saying Texas played a tough/hard fought game this weekend and that Nebraska is a really good team?? ?

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 12-07-2009 | 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

championship games are like rival games. THe underdog has nothing to loose so they throw the book at you. It happens in most championship games since the North has been week, or in the rival games the other team normally sucks. Look at OU/OSU series, or UT/OU, UT/OSU, UT/Aggie, KU/MU, etc etc. it doesn't matter how the record is you can throw it out the window and know the game is gonna be intense.
Old 12-07-2009 | 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Are you saying Texas played a tough/hard fought game this weekend and that Nebraska is a really good team?? ?
Nebraska has a top tier defense. They just happened to be on fire against UT.
Old 12-07-2009 | 01:19 PM
Texas Director

Matt, I give Nebraska credit. Their coaches did an awesome job of game planning to stop the Texas offense. Their defense is great, as is Texas'. It was a defensive game, but the better team found a way to win. Bama a had tough, defensive game against Tennessee and was VERY fortunate to have won that game on a last second blocked field goal.
Old 12-07-2009 | 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
The SEC is weak, Tebow proved that by crying on the bench late in the 4th
I love what Jimmy Johnson said about him. He's right, he doesn't fit into a pro style offense. He'll get drafted by the Browns or someone, be financially set for life and then you'll never hear about him again.
Old 12-07-2009 | 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love what Jimmy Johnson said about him. He's right, he doesn't fit into a pro style offense. He'll get drafted by the Browns or someone, be financially set for life and then you'll never hear about him again.
Old 12-07-2009 | 02:07 PM

i am gonna say what that other fella said if im a betting man its on bama but i liek ut better........who knows i might put money on ut becuase if they win i will be rich ahahahahahahahaha
Old 12-07-2009 | 02:21 PM
Launching!

You have lost your damn mind, we will see after the bowl games whos weak
Old 12-07-2009 | 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oregon did play Boise, where they lost.
You still have me confused. What does Oregon and Boise got to do with TCU since neither one has played TCU.
Old 12-07-2009 | 02:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Good enough to score 10 against our 31 when playing in their stadium!

They were ranked #15 at that point. Go TTU!

Old 12-07-2009 | 03:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

This isn't about Tech...we had a terrible season...It was a different Nebraska team when we played them, no doubt. But Nebraska this weekend, was NOT that good on either side of the ball (granted the D was better than the O). Texas didn't play well either.

Like I said, I hope Texas wins it....but if I was a betting man...Alabama.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 12-07-2009 | 03:43 PM
On The Tree

I don't need to stare at my TV all day every saturday to know Texas blows, didn't play anybody, technically lost the nebraska game, and have no commanding wins.

I also don't need to stare at my TV all day every saturday and watch TCU beat opponents that the country nut rides. I have a radio dude, that's what XM is for. I am on the road alot, therefore don't need to purchase cable. If you want we can pull up stats, and make this a boring thread or we can again..just leave it at Texas vs Alabama...who wins..
Last time I checked, UT played 13 opponents and went 13-0, they beat the teams on the schedule, what more can you ask for. When you can win in ever possible way you should feel like you have a pretty good team and that's how UT played the season up and down, but still managed to win them all.
Old 12-07-2009 | 04:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Last time I checked, UT played 13 opponents and went 13-0, they beat the teams on the schedule, what more can you ask for. When you can win in ever possible way you should feel like you have a pretty good team and that's how UT played the season up and down, but still managed to win them all.
I agree.. Its funny how everybody forgets about the close calls Alabama had, but everybody remembers when Texas "sucked" it up during their close calls.
Old 12-07-2009 | 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Why doesn't anyone wanna support TCU to be in the big 12...Put them there and we will prove you all that us the little horned frogs can whip some ***.

Quick Reply: Texas vS Bama