Texas vS Bama

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Legit D to what? there conf? see the whole picture is when you play nobody how can you say you have a legit defense?

TCU had 440 solo tackles, 312 assisted. had 33.0 sacks and 199 yards lost on sack leaders, had 14 interceptions, 140 yards off those Picks 47 was the long and 3 td's off INT's Giving them a rank of 98.

UT had 537 Solo, 228 assisted. had 37 sacks and 299 yards lost on sack leaders, had 24 INT's, 349 yards off those INT's, 92 being the long and 4 TD's giving them a rank of tied for 93rd.

What have Boise and Utah Proved? They beat the sooners and Bama? Utah Beat TCU, Sooners beat TCU and Texas beat USC. it doesnt prove anything.

Until they step up and play either hard teams all year, or get into a different conference they will never get the respect or IMO deserve the respect. Time and Time again you can hear commintators comment about how strong and hard hitting the SEC and Big 12 is. The Big 10 used to be up there but not any more.

Since it doesn't look like they are going to be realigning conference anytime soon the best bet for the respect is to get TCU to play some teams. When you only play 2 ranked teams the whole year, of which NONE were in the top 15 let alone top 10 or top 5 you just will not get respect.

UT played 3 ranked teams
OU played 5 ranked teams (1 in the top 5)
Bama played 5 ranked teams (1 in the top 5 and 2 more in the top 10)
FL played 2 ranked teams (2 in the top 5)

TCU just does not have the History to get respect. Now if they keep this up for say another I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say 5 years then yeah they are gonna get the respect, but until then they will always be a have been or would been. No one will give it to them.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

I am sorry you guys do not get it, dont be offended but it is my opinion based on watching both teams all season. And you are the simple ones; I compared Texas to Arkansas because if Texas were to play REAL teams week in and week out from the SEC that would be their place. And Ark. is very dangerous, good qb, just an incomplete team yet. I may have exaggerated the score a bit, but check Bama's time of poss. in the FL game: 39.8 vs 19.2 minutes, think what you will.

Still will be one hell of a game
Old 12-08-2009, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

I would agree with you if the bama team that played FL shows up I feel they will destroy UT.

That being said what about the bama team that played Tenn? If they show up I think UT will crush them. Or what about the team that played Auburn? again think UT will dominate, but the same can be said about UT.

You are a SEC fan, and most of the people here are Big 12 fans. I think they will both agree that these are the 2 best conf's this year. (Well the one TCU guy won't)

This year it looks like SEC had more in the top 25 then the Big 12, but that goes back and forth every year. Regardless I still think the National Championship game is between the two best teams. The winner will be who knows. Depends on what team shows up. Neither have been consistent this year, but both have found ways to win.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not easy to play those teams when the won't take the games. Boise has had 10 BCS schools in the last year say no to a one game series at the BCS schools stadium, TCU is having the same trouble. not easy to lineup when they won't play you.

If your History is based since the BCS then you need to pull your head out of your *** and see they do have a history and have been pretty damn good for the last 10 years. No I'm not a Frog fan and can't stand them but am able to recognize a good team when i see one.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ROLL TIDE!!
Old 12-08-2009, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

your saying that for the last 10 years TCU and BSU were good? What about the past years? No I'm not saying just about the BCS. there is a lot more history and heritage in Bama, FL, SC, Oregon, Michigan, OSU, Penn State, UT, OU, Nebraska then there is TCU and BSU.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Domsz06
Legit D to what? there conf? see the whole picture is when you play nobody how can you say you have a legit defense?

TCU had 440 solo tackles, 312 assisted. had 33.0 sacks and 199 yards lost on sack leaders, had 14 interceptions, 140 yards off those Picks 47 was the long and 3 td's off INT's Giving them a rank of 98.

UT had 537 Solo, 228 assisted. had 37 sacks and 299 yards lost on sack leaders, had 24 INT's, 349 yards off those INT's, 92 being the long and 4 TD's giving them a rank of tied for 93rd.

What have Boise and Utah Proved? They beat the sooners and Bama? Utah Beat TCU, Sooners beat TCU and Texas beat USC. it doesnt prove anything.

Until they step up and play either hard teams all year, or get into a different conference they will never get the respect or IMO deserve the respect. Time and Time again you can hear commintators comment about how strong and hard hitting the SEC and Big 12 is. The Big 10 used to be up there but not any more.

Since it doesn't look like they are going to be realigning conference anytime soon the best bet for the respect is to get TCU to play some teams. When you only play 2 ranked teams the whole year, of which NONE were in the top 15 let alone top 10 or top 5 you just will not get respect.

UT played 3 ranked teams
OU played 5 ranked teams (1 in the top 5)
Bama played 5 ranked teams (1 in the top 5 and 2 more in the top 10)
FL played 2 ranked teams (2 in the top 5)

TCU just does not have the History to get respect. Now if they keep this up for say another I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say 5 years then yeah they are gonna get the respect, but until then they will always be a have been or would been. No one will give it to them.

To get my respect they need to knock out Boise first. Should be a good rematch from last year, but in a BCS game.

Once again, TCU will never replace Baylor in the Big 12, takes alot more than just a good football program to get the boards vote once the lock is lifted.

Baylor did beat Missouri without their main offensive weapon, Robert Griffen who was knocked out playing Kent State (4th game)with a torn ACL. 90 percent of the teams in the FBS would fall apart when they loose their captain.

As for TCU beating Bama or Texas, that's just wishfull thinking with no factual evidence. From a schedule perspective, Boise should be in front of TCU considering they shut down Oregon.

I just wish they had scheduled TCU against Florida or Cinci, just so that all the questions could be answered. If they beat Florida, maybe they are that good.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:19 PM
11 Second Club

TCU has 2 National championships
16 conf championships
25 bowl games 11-13-1

BSU has 0 national championships
15 conf championships
9 bowl games 5-4

Bama has 12 national titles
26 conf championships
56 bowl games 31-22-3

Florida has 3 national titles
8 conf titles
36 bowl games 17-19

UT has 4 national titles
31 conf titles
48 bowl games 25-21-2

OU has 7 national titles
42 conf titles
42 bowl games 24-17-1

They just don't have the history. They are a new coming team, this is why they don't get respect. Willl they yeah one day if they keep winning. but everyone (myself included) feel that next year they won't even be in the picture etc etc. Now if they keep it up then yeah I know I'll admit that they are good and they are a good program. Until then I'll still feel that they are not all they are cracked up to be.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by redz_02
To get my respect they need to knock out Boise first. Should be a good rematch from last year, but in a BCS game.

Once again, TCU will never replace Baylor in the Big 12, takes alot more than just a good football program to get the boards vote once the lock is lifted.

Baylor did beat Missouri without their main offensive weapon, Robert Griffen who was knocked out playing Kent State (4th game)with a torn ACL. 90 percent of the teams in the FBS would fall apart when they loose their captain.

As for TCU beating Bama or Texas, that's just wishfull thinking with no factual evidence. From a schedule perspective, Boise should be in front of TCU considering they shut down Oregon.

I just wish they had scheduled TCU against Florida or Cinci, just so that all the questions could be answered. If they beat Florida, maybe they are that good.
so agree!!
Old 12-08-2009, 03:24 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by white man
not easy to play those teams when the won't take the games. Boise has had 10 BCS schools in the last year say no to a one game series at the BCS schools stadium, TCU is having the same trouble. not easy to lineup when they won't play you.

If your History is based since the BCS then you need to pull your head out of your *** and see they do have a history and have been pretty damn good for the last 10 years. No I'm not a Frog fan and can't stand them but am able to recognize a good team when i see one.
Boise isn't getting those games because they want a ton of money to come in and play the better programs. Why would the top tier programs want to pay a couple million to bring in Boise?

TCU played texas two years ago. Don't act like they have never had a chance to play a big name team...

The Non-BCS schools can only blame themselves for not getting it done in the past, and for not being more reasonable in trying to schedule better competition.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Boise isn't getting those games because they want a ton of money to come in and play the better programs. Why would the top tier programs want to pay a couple million to bring in Boise?

TCU played texas two years ago. Don't act like they have never had a chance to play a big name team...

The Non-BCS schools can only blame themselves for not getting it done in the past, and for not being more reasonable in trying to schedule better competition.
Huh? you are making no sense...the non-bcs schools should blame themselves...well lets look at the history behind tcu not getting in the big 12 and baylor getting in. hmm...

All of you...no one wants to play TCU because what happens when they lose to a small school...they look like idiots.

I just don't understand how all of you can love UT so damn much. It makes no sense to me. BURNT ORANGE is NOT the only color in Texas and we will prove it the hard way if we have to.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00fastta
Huh? you are making no sense...the non-bcs schools should blame themselves...well lets look at the history behind tcu not getting in the big 12 and baylor getting in. hmm...

All of you...no one wants to play TCU because what happens when they lose to a small school...they look like idiots.

I just don't understand how all of you can love UT so damn much. It makes no sense to me. BURNT ORANGE is NOT the only color in Texas and we will prove it the hard way if we have to.

we made yall look silly in 2007, but just keep forgetting about that.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
What year is it? 2009 my friend...remember that. How was OU in 2007 compared to now?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:21 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
Who wouldn't want to forget those 34 second half points? Dalton couldn't beat Colt then against a terrible Texas defense...

TCU is good this year, but they are ranked where they should be.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

What year is it? 2009 my friend...remember that. How was OU in 2007 compared to now?
better, LOL
Old 12-08-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, I always wondered why no body wants to play small schools(which they all do), and I'm sure it has nothing to do with preseason contracts, visiting team payouts, and tv broadcast time. But who am I to realize how college football actually works. I'm sure some teams like Kstate and so forth would love to play TCU when they are ranked every season. Coach Snieder would be liking his chops at that chance. So your statement makes no sense. I seriously doubt BCS schools are "too scared" to play TCU let alone UTAH, Boise, or BYU.

As for the baylor comment, TCU was founded in Waco, and it is your largest rivial which is split even for wins and losses (think like 48-48-7).

As stated before, TCU did not make the big twelve b/c they were far from a winning program as they are now.

As for the only Orange in texas statment you are right, there is also maroon and white.

Prove it at the Fiesta Bowl.

Last edited by redz_02; 12-08-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by white man
TCU has a legit D year in and year out and good O, you don't have to be a genius or know much about football to notice this. The "they play in the MWC" or "their just TCU" argument is garbage and an argument for the ignorant. Boise and Utah have proved that conference afiliation means jack when you get to lineup on the field. Big12 wasn't exactly a tough conference this year and I do think TCU could have won it this year.

Baylor is to big 12 as is no one in the SEC. Vandy, Kentucky and Mississippi State can pull good seasons off ever few years.
no they would not have won it. i would even put money on that.

I do agree they are good, but they aren't that good.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

BTW if you are not used to texas fans thinking burnt orange is the only color in texas you must be new to CFB. If you want to mix in with the more powerfull programs, get used to it.

P.S. I am not a Tsip.

Last edited by redz_02; 12-08-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Texas Director

TCU has a really good team this year, no doubt, but they don't deserve to be playing for the National Championship IMO. I would LOVE to see an 8-team playoff and let the games be decided on the field and end all of the arguing over the Boise's, TCU's and Cincinnati's of the CFB world.

Heck, I would love to see TCU, Boise, and Utah join the Pac-10 and forge a great BCS conference in the West. That would be great for college football.

Burnt orange isn't the only color in the state of Texas, but it's the most dominate in the state by far and will continue it's dominance for the foreseeable future. I'd love to see TCU, Baylor, SMU, Houston and Rice have great programs consistantly. It would be great for our state pride.

Hook'em!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Launching!

I can only imagine wat a UT vs Tcu **** storm that would creat. OOOoh well.

Quick Reply: Texas vS Bama