Learning how to tune??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.Thetuningschool.com is a solid answer to your inquiry. In person class or learn at home coarse comes with 1YR of phone/email/private Forum tech. support as well. Take the basic, apply what you learned, then take the advanced once you feel you have a solid foundation.

Also recommend you sign up over on Hptuners.com/forum. Lots of *FREE info. over there for beginners.

*You will get out what you put in...I suggest READING!
Old 12-15-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2TightwadsRacing
www.Thetuningschool.com is a solid answer to your inquiry. In person class or learn at home coarse comes with 1YR of phone/email/private Forum tech. support as well. Take the basic, apply what you learned, then take the advanced once you feel you have a solid foundation.

Also recommend you sign up over on Hptuners.com/forum. Lots of *FREE info. over there for beginners.

*You will get out what you put in...I suggest READING!
thanks. yes i know, i do not expect it to beasy by any means, il take a look over on hptuners too.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what happened to old school where we had to figure it out for ourselves...lol. I guess its good they do this now. Makes people feel empowered I wish it was around 10 or 12 years ago. I wouldn't have spent 6 months reading before i could drive my car
Old 12-17-2009, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

Banish also has a DVD that's supposed to basically be a classroom for beginners on a DVD: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SM...1/?image=large .

I've never watched it myself but heard a lot of good things about it.

There's also a book called Master EFI Tuner or something like that from Masport Speed Shop. Not sure if that is still available or what though. Last time I contacted them they were coming out with a new version so I've been waiting.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is going to get expensive lol
Old 12-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

All I ever used was the HP Tuner's help files, hptuners.com, and to a lesser extent, this site.

If you are smart, don't suck at math, and willing to put the time in, you will learn it.

You want to start out with something simple. No wild cams or power adders.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:56 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by LS1x2
No wild cams or power adders.
Cmon now. You should start tuning on a 1998 LS1 with a 260@50 cam with a stock stall and the customer dose not know what injector is in it.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1x2
All I ever used was the HP Tuner's help files, hptuners.com, and to a lesser extent, this site.

If you are smart, don't suck at math, and willing to put the time in, you will learn it.

You want to start out with something simple. No wild cams or power adders.
im not a complete retard, and when it comes to something i really WANT to learn i usually get pretty good at it. yea il work my way up to all the cams powerd adders etc.. lol
Old 12-17-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Cmon now. You should start tuning on a 1998 LS1 with a 260@50 cam with a stock stall and the customer dose not know what injector is in it.
Don't remind me, about to swap to some stage 2 heads, 36 lbers., and a reverse split cam. Got my work cut out trying to tune this thing on a 98 ECU. Well at least I have a wide band to watch.

Quick Reply: Learning how to tune??