ZR1 in Friendswood

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 05:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
I'm still alive and no HUGE or even MAJOR mistakes... 16yrs old was running low 13s and high 12s... 17 had a 120+mph car... 19 had a low 10second Car, 20 was going low 9s in the car from 19, and at 21 was going 8s with that same car. Current car went right at 150 when I was 25-26... Should go hopefully 160 at 27. My brother was going high 11s before he turned 17. He went mid 10s on motor when he was 18.

Just because someone is young doesn't mean they are going to do stupid stuff and hurt themselves or someone. We have been very fortunate growing up, but I think it's the more mature attitude that I've had, same with Lil Powell that's helped us. A lot of users on this site have known me since I was 16 or 17, and some have known LP since he was 13 or 14 (he didn't come out racing until he was 15 with me).

Just bothers me when people say it's always going to happen. You can't help stupid people, so **** will always happen.
chris i think the difference is, even though you grew up in a richer (monetarily wise) family, you still did your own work and built your own cars, same with your brother. these other kids are just handed fast cars without prior experience or know how and do not respect the power these cars have.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by v8sten
these other kids are just handed fast cars without prior experience or know how and do not respect the power these cars have.
Big difference.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:56 PM

My friend Brian turned me onto this post. The driver is a real good kid. I talked to him personally about what happened. Sounded to me like he was not driving like an *** but gave the car a little too much gas around the turn, kicked the *** out, and his correction for that was to hit the brakes, which of course was not a good idea and sent him over the curb and into a pole. He is fine, there is no "lucky to be alive" because in the grand scheme of things it was a pretty low-speed collision. He does own the car; his dad gave it to him as a gift, and he took good care of it and didn't drive aggressively. The problem is, as you all know, with 600+ hp, there is very little margin for error. Give the car a little too much gas and things can get out of hand extremely quick, even if you were not trying to drive like an ***. The car is going to be fixed, and rest assured, he is certainly kicking himself for letting it happen.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by KaiserM715
There was a Cyber Grey ZR1 driven by a teenager that was totaled in Friendswood a couple of days ago. Supposedly ran it over a median and ran a light pole through the hood. Anyone know any details? Sounds like it might be the same car...
The car belongs to my grandson. Beside that car he own 1969 camaro that he is putting together right now. He is a very good kid. I am not likeing what everyone is saying about him.He took very good care of that car and he KNEW what he was driving. He is so sick about wrecking it because now he know its worth half of what it was. The ins company wants to total it but the father does not want to. The cost of repair over $4o,000.00 and if it does get fixed my grandson does not want it back. We own a 2007 corvette and been showing cars for years and we are helping him with his camaro so my grandson knows his cars. That car was his life. He did not even like to drive it on the freeway. The corvette was bought by my son-law but found out with his bad hip it was to hard driving it so it sat and grandson drove it once in awhile and once he showed his dad he would take care of the car and drive it with respect he gave it to him. The accident is going to be something my grandson will have to live with all his life.Its just not a rich kid and a high $ car. He loves his cars like we all do. If you ever saw him at any of the car shows and watch him detail it you would know what that car means to him. Wait till you see his 1969 Mustang Blue Camaro on road when he gets it done. Sorry everyone just had to put my 2 cents in and to stick up for my grandson. We are all car lovers.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:07 AM
8 Second Club

Cool to see his family and friends take his back. Like I said things can happen when you least expect it. I've seen him driving around (haven't had my car in almost 10 months so I'm always in my Z71) so I'm never noticed lol. He's always just been cruising normal so I know he is not one of those that "hot rods" everywhere; at least from what I see.

Can't wait to see his Camaro out on the street. It's good to see a family that does car stuff together. That's one thing I am thankful for.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1992 camaro lover
The car belongs to my grandson. Beside that car he own 1969 camaro that he is putting together right now. He is a very good kid. I am not likeing what everyone is saying about him.He took very good care of that car and he KNEW what he was driving. He is so sick about wrecking it because now he know its worth half of what it was. The ins company wants to total it but the father does not want to. The cost of repair over $4o,000.00 and if it does get fixed my grandson does not want it back. We own a 2007 corvette and been showing cars for years and we are helping him with his camaro so my grandson knows his cars. That car was his life. He did not even like to drive it on the freeway. The corvette was bought by my son-law but found out with his bad hip it was to hard driving it so it sat and grandson drove it once in awhile and once he showed his dad he would take care of the car and drive it with respect he gave it to him. The accident is going to be something my grandson will have to live with all his life.Its just not a rich kid and a high $ car. He loves his cars like we all do. If you ever saw him at any of the car shows and watch him detail it you would know what that car means to him. Wait till you see his 1969 Mustang Blue Camaro on road when he gets it done. Sorry everyone just had to put my 2 cents in and to stick up for my grandson. We are all car lovers.
You tell them grandma, from the 1st time you and your daughter walked over to my house when we moved in last year I knew you were respectful people. Then when I met Trevor, he was not your typical 17 yr old. Well mannered young man that appreciated everything he has. For all the people on here blaming his age and money, think again this kid was brought up right. Things can happen to anybody, look at the older guy who took his brand new ZR1 to the track up in the Northeast the other day and destroyed his car when he bounced it off the wall. Was that because he was too old or just didn't appreciate his car? No things happen

And Powell it doesn't matter what you drive, everyone knows its you.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:03 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
You tell them grandma, from the 1st time you and your daughter walked over to my house when we moved in last year I knew you were respectful people. Then when I met Trevor, he was not your typical 17 yr old. Well mannered young man that appreciated everything he has. For all the people on here blaming his age and money, think again this kid was brought up right. Things can happen to anybody, look at the older guy who took his brand new ZR1 to the track up in the Northeast the other day and destroyed his car when he bounced it off the wall. Was that because he was too old or just didn't appreciate his car? No things happen

And Powell it doesn't matter what you drive, everyone knows its you.
Is it because people know I am THAT good looking so I must be that Mr Powell character! Thanks for making my day Andrew! LOL!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

I feel bad for the kid like everyone says crap happens, when my bird was still a v6 i spun out leaving a parking lot because of gravel crap happens no matter how good a driver or how much power.

glad to read hes ok
Old 06-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Teching In

It's all about luck, if we make it a day without crashing with all the other idiots out in the roads we're lucky.

My parents could of bought me an ls1 if they wanted but my dad was thinking insurance and the fact that i was young so i had to choose between an 07 gt stang or my v6 bird. I took good care of that car and didn't act so stupid until i learned how to control it. once i learned how to control it i acted a foo for a good year. My car was still slow but i still took some cars by learning how to mess around in traffic and handle curves while pushing it to the limit. If i made it through that year with no crashes and avoiding collisions with many other idiots it was all luck because i might of ben good and all but i was still being an idiot.

After that year i rode mostly with my girl and therefore safer, slower, and then **** i crash 2 times bad and 1 minor one in less than a year because i was trying to avoid accidents due to others' mistakes. The worse damage came from only a 20-30mph crash.

This christmas i wen to baybrook mall, some blonde was about to back out, and my girl start tripping telling me to watch out so i just pull away to the right, stop and honk the horn b4 she even moves, but then she keeps moving and i just keep honking because she's just moving slow so i figured she would react. Then somehow she still keeps on until she hits my left front corner.

So don't be bashing too hard on this guy. I assume everyone on this forum loves speed and if we haven't ben in a bad situation, it's simply bc we have ben lucky.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Is it because people know I am THAT good looking so I must be that Mr Powell character! Thanks for making my day Andrew! LOL!
Thanks Andrew and the few other guys that stuck up for Trevor. The people that know Trevor knows he is a good kid and has a good head on his shoulder. He will over come all this. He still has his camaro hope to get in the body shop soon. Thanks againe.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Launching!

damn that sucks to hear about his vette, when i turned seventeen my pops gave me the firehawk i STILL have for all you asshats saying young people dont take care of their cars, i have both my T/A's the comp is still bone stock. i do understand about **** happening hell i had my car three years before my first close call, i wasnt even driving crazy, car hydroplaned i sawed it back and forth and luckily got it back under control to miss a pole by inches, but that situation could have easily went the other way and i could have ended up in a pole.

i did actually meet this cat once at keemah he seemed like a really good dude i definately thought he was older than 17 and that ZR1 was immaculate. best of luck with his future cars, glad to hear he was ok.

Quick Reply: ZR1 in Friendswood