nasty street race last night on 45/college

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok first of all it doesn't Matter if most trucks are fast or slow. That is the dumbest arguement i've ever heard in a thread dealing with lives lost. Grow up people. These people died: don't talk even more about them. Yes they messed up and paid the ultimate price. This could of happened to anyone and unfortuantly it was them. I have no remorse for the behavior of these people but hav absolute apologies to their families and friends for their loss. This is all I have to say about this matter
Old 02-07-2010, 09:55 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like how they say POSSIBILE street racing! Not to say they weren't, but apparently no one knows for sure and they go ahead and say that right off the bat. They do that to try and put street racing out there in as bad of light as they can. If there is even a sports car involved they imediatly say street racing and its BS! We know it goes on, but it doesn't mean that every accident is because of street racing etc... Sorry for these people's families and friends. I believe the drinking and driving was probably more of a factor than what they were doing. I mean if you are going to do something like racing, you need to look at your surroundings, pick places where no one can pull out in front of you and that there is good pavement etc... Again prayers for the familly and friends.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99 DUKE'Z 28
ok first of all it doesn't Matter if most trucks are fast or slow. That is the dumbest arguement i've ever heard in a thread dealing with lives lost. Grow up people. These people died: don't talk even more about them. Yes they messed up and paid the ultimate price. This could of happened to anyone and unfortuantly it was them. I have no remorse for the behavior of these people but hav absolute apologies to their families and friends for their loss. This is all I have to say about this matter
+1

For some of you guys who thinks '**** happens', I hope one day you don't have to bury your child or children because someone can't call and get a ride home or take a cab because they are drunk.

I work for Center Point and am on the road all the time. Stupid is as stupid does and I see terrible driving all day long, people texting and talking on the cell and all of a sudden decide to cross over two lanes of traffic because they just remembered they need to exit right now . People weaving back and forth in their lanes because they are texting their buddie with the all important 'whatz up' or whatever immediate text they have to send.

It's like nobody realizes how dangerous all vehicles are. I used to love to ride my Harley, but because drivers now a days are less aware or because they care less for other drivers, I sold it.

I hope one of these days none of you have to bury a person you love with all of your heart because of some dumb ***. Even if you are 'bullet proof' doesn't mean all others are.

Families and friends were devastated from this wreck.

And you guys need to look at the big picture. This some trucks are fast stuff is getting away from the real subject of this thread.

I have a need for speed like anybody else. Even at my old age, I love to haul ***...........but I save if for Fridays at Houston Raceway Park.

Last edited by old_goat; 02-07-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:29 AM
TECH Veteran

That's a bad wreck no matter what they were driving. The only good thing I see is that no innocent 3rd parties were involved, although both drivers did have passengers with them. Speed can kill, and when alcohol is involved, the risk goes through the roof. That's how my best friend got killed, by a drunk driver blowing through an intersection and hitting him in the drivers side door. The drunk driver was his younger 1st cousin.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

RIP. No one deserves to die young. It could have been any of us so just think of what their families are going through.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It happens, dont feel sorry when alcohol is involved, racing or not. I'm too strict on the whole drinking and driving (for myself) dont care if i'm called a *****, got to much to lose. As for the passengers only sorry for those that didnt want to be involved, then again they did decide to get in the truck in the first place...

Last edited by Vectus; 02-07-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:05 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Racing doesn't kill people. Poles and trees do. I think Obama should ban poles and trees.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by just a v6?
Alcohol played a HUGE role in this accident. This was a street race,and no one can deny this, whoever or whatever the case is, two vehicles were speeding down the service rd. My buddy arrived in the scene about an hour later(south houston PD).. according to & by one eye witness, these guys were traveling in excess of 80 or so before even getting to the intersection of college/service rd.. One of them must have been impared,because they struct a cement shoulder brock,over corrected,hit the truck he was racing, and sending them straight to the poles with no brakes applied.. the results and consequences from alcohol as well, as one of the groups were coming from a club called RODEO (according to HPD/SHPD).. 4 people dead.. And from what i saw was not a good sight..

yup most of these trucks come from (RODEO) club in edgebrook like 1/4 mile before college (where the accident happen ) an start peeling out and **** an im like wtf the cops dont really do **** but try to get everyone out the parking lot ! and i seen sum dumbass ****** kid ...sitin outside of the window of a truck while his friend was doin donuts !!! ****** dumbass got lucky , it was at the ol target by Alemda mall !!! on a sunday night around 6pm ! an then all these trucks left after doin the same **** !!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

its sad ... no matter if they were drinking

i agree with Nine poles and trees killl people all the time.. just down my street its a three lane road coming and going and people still end up hitting the light poles and you know who wins.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

thats the trucks chillin spot on sunday nights... yea no matter what you shouldnt be such dicks and be like haha fukkn dumbasses dont kno how to drive. they were all around 20 years old. sad to die at such young age cause not even im 20 yet. i drive while im buzzing but im careful as i can be i dont speed and if i feel like i cant see or keep up my correct driving i pull over and call someone cause i dont realy mind if i crash while im drunk but i just dont want to put innocent ppl in danger for my stupid actions
Old 02-07-2010, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by carlos sauceda
i dont realy mind if i crash while im drunk but i just dont want to put innocent ppl in danger for my stupid actions
It's hard to get to and from work with a suspended license. Also try to get a job that requires driving some sort of company vehicle or try getting a DOT license with DUI on your record. Then you may really care if you crash or get pulled over when drunk.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by carlos sauceda
thats the trucks chillin spot on sunday nights... yea no matter what you shouldnt be such dicks and be like haha fukkn dumbasses dont kno how to drive. they were all around 20 years old. sad to die at such young age cause not even im 20 yet. i drive while im buzzing but im careful as i can be i dont speed and if i feel like i cant see or keep up my correct driving i pull over and call someone cause i dont realy mind if i crash while im drunk but i just dont want to put innocent ppl in danger for my stupid actions
well maybe you will get caught and get a dui instead of killing yourself or others... or better yet, learn from other peoples mistakes instead of your own and just don't drink... not so cool anymore when **** like this happens is it??
Old 02-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

yea i do care but im saying id rather something happen to me for my stupid decisions than a whole innocent family thats what i mean
Old 02-07-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

because of this, I spent 1+ hour cuffed in the back of a sheriff's cruiser last night...
Old 02-07-2010, 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
because of this, I spent 1+ hour cuffed in the back of a sheriff's cruiser last night...
Because of the wreck???
or because you got caught Racing???
Old 02-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

or because you were drinking and driving????
Old 02-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Racing doesn't kill people. Poles and trees do. I think Obama should ban poles and trees.
he's more likely to find a way to tax them
Old 02-07-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

or because I was following a nasty sounding TA that was driving stupid and he popped me because the other driver turned into an apartment complex. Cop said DAs office was getting harder on street racing because of this specific incident.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Launching!

May they R.i.p prayers to their families, I wish the 1/4 mile track was open Sat and Sunday to give people an alternative to street racing on the weekends for everyone in Harris county.Friday night is too packed.....I know the 1/8th is open but its too small and unless your running at least in the 6's in the 1/8th just plain boring to even watch.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by old_goat
It's hard to get to and from work with a suspended license. Also try to get a job that requires driving some sort of company vehicle or try getting a DOT license with DUI on your record. Then you may really care if you crash or get pulled over when drunk.
Yes I agree I have a tech job that requiors me to drive a company truck and I f##ed up a couple of years ago in my TA after having a few beers .luckley The owner of my company checked my record and said I havent had a citation in 12 years and been driving company vehicals for 18 years .Since I am a good employee he told me to go back to work and he would take care of it when they kick me off the insurance .That has been two years and the insurance still has not caught it yet .so now I to am a supporter of not drinking if you are driving .Yes I feel very lucky

Quick Reply: nasty street race last night on 45/college