Old 02-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nasty street race last night on 45/college

http://www.khou.com/news/Police-Thre...-83716067.html
Old 02-06-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its hard to feel sorry for street racers that die. especially in as something as dumb as a truck...what were they thinking? i mean everyone plays around on the street from time to time but to take two slow *** vehicles like that and wind up wrecking each other(and dying)...thats just stupid.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
its hard to feel sorry for street racers that die. especially in as something as dumb as a truck...what were they thinking? i mean everyone plays around on the street from time to time but to take two slow *** vehicles like that and wind up wrecking each other(and dying)...thats just stupid.
Just fyi..Not all trucks are slow... there are guys here on this board that have 9 second trucks and look stock. They could of easily been like the truck on this video>>>... looks stock and sounds stock...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8NwWBIzllc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfLG8...eature=related

Here is an 8 second truck from a member on this board... looks stock too...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...***-today.html

maybe you should rethink that whole..."slow *** vehicles like that ".... frase you said, street racing is too dangerous and I have alot to lose. I keep it at the track and even there it is unsafe..

Last edited by dgcustomz; 02-06-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

aghh its alot of these street racer trucks from over here in the southeast. i hate when they race cause they are never careful. and yea there is alot of fast trucks out here to
Old 02-06-2010, 04:57 PM
12 Second Truck Club

this is a pretty dumb ignorant comment. So you don't feel bad for them because the weren't in some fast exotic car?? and BTW there's tons of trucks out there that will smoke your cammed camaro easily...
Old 02-06-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Poles 2 Trucks 0
Old 02-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

i hope we all learn from this !
Old 02-06-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dlt76028
this is a pretty dumb ignorant comment. So you don't feel bad for them because the weren't in some fast exotic car?? and BTW there's tons of trucks out there that will smoke your cammed camaro easily...
no thats not what i meant at all. but i was assuming they were slow...but what i was trying to get at is how do u lose control of something as slow as a mostly stock truck. again i was assuming, but **** me right? cuz like .001% of all the trucks out there are actually fast. i must be an *******

p.s. i don't give a **** who is faster than me, my car gives me a hard on and that's all i care about.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

well trucks have poor steering and handling compared to our sport cars. and the guys were drunk as i see
Old 02-06-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are quite a few kids at school with nice trucks and we all like to have fun. I think it's stupid also but when I really think about it, it could have be you or me in there. I ride in my friends truck's all the time and we'll mess with people. Who knows, sometimes **** happens and you wreck.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Terrible Crash...... The silence in that video is almost scary....
Old 02-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

i just found out it was 2 guys i went to high school with at milby. realy it doesnt matter if its a truck or a car **** happens regardless
Old 02-06-2010, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Drinking and Driving = Bad **** will happen. I have pulled out more people than I care to remember that have been drinking and driving and were just trying to make it home. Now mix in possibly triple digit speeds and a vehicle that handles like a wagon.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Launching!

The red one won. They must have been hauling azz.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
Just fyi..Not all trucks are slow... there are guys here on this board that have 9 second trucks and look stock. They could of easily been like the truck on this video>>>... looks stock and sounds stock...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8NwWBIzllc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfLG8...eature=related

Here is an 8 second truck from a member on this board... looks stock too...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...***-today.html

maybe you should rethink that whole..."slow *** vehicles like that ".... frase you said, street racing is too dangerous and I have alot to lose. I keep it at the track and even there it is unsafe..
i dont think that was his point. but more than 85% of the trucks in houston are basically stock or mild bolt on's.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 92-T5
i hope we all learn from this !
Its not going to change anyone.

Anyone know what became of the member from here who allegedly killed 2 people street racing?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...eck-death.html

http://www.click2houston.com/news/14351554/detail.html
Old 02-06-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by slowlsx
i dont think that was his point. but more than 85% of the trucks in houston are basically stock or mild bolt on's.
How was that not his point? He said..."especially in as something as dumb as a truck" and...." two slow *** vehicles ". OOOOO.K. Just about everyonelse who commented here saw it that way...but you.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

atleast they only hurt themselves and not innocent people that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time... i might have had a little more sympathy for them if they hadn't been drinking but once that comes into play then all the pity goes out the window
Old 02-06-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder if the LQ9 block is okay
Old 02-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Staging Lane

Alcohol played a HUGE role in this accident. This was a street race,and no one can deny this, whoever or whatever the case is, two vehicles were speeding down the service rd. My buddy arrived in the scene about an hour later(south houston PD).. according to & by one eye witness, these guys were traveling in excess of 80 or so before even getting to the intersection of college/service rd.. One of them must have been impared,because they struct a cement shoulder brock,over corrected,hit the truck he was racing, and sending them straight to the poles with no brakes applied.. the results and consequences from alcohol as well, as one of the groups were coming from a club called RODEO (according to HPD/SHPD).. 4 people dead.. And from what i saw was not a good sight..

Quick Reply: nasty street race last night on 45/college