nasty street race last night on 45/college

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there, we transported the one guy that did survive. He admitted to racing......HANDS DOWN THE WORST WRECK I'VE SEEN IN PERSON!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

This is a street racing case with ALCOHOL involved. This is the reason, street racing deaths that occured way before the law went into effect in sept. 2003, got HARSHER. Its impossible to control a speeding car being hit by an other vehicle, your bound to hit whatever fixed object is in the way. I was involved in a street racing accident back in 98. I flipped over a 92 vortech charged mustang in the end of the street of rankin.. I almost killed myself, if it wasnt for the cage i had. I did a couple of runs after because of the trill and in the moment. But soon i realize,there was TOO much too risk, including innocent people,and my family!... These guys were young, the consequences caught up to them early, and their lives finished from one mistake. One driver WILL be charged in all deaths that were involved from saturday morning. This is the LAW,and MULTIPLE LAWS were broken,in result of numerous DEATHS, from two drivers seeking adrenaline trills. From all this, the victims families are the one's suffering from this TRAGIC incident,and will ever have unanswered questions...prayers to all..

JUST A V6?
Old 02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

The red truck looked like a guys leg was hanging out with his boot on. Very sad to see stuff like this.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
The red truck looked like a guys leg was hanging out with his boot on. Very sad to see stuff like this.
It was... Very saddening
Old 02-07-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Not everybody can jump in a vehicle and drive like Ricky Bobby
Old 02-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

one guy we call panda and the others name is alex... remember seeing them in high school very very sad. have alot of friends who kne them. i didnt realy kno them tho just remember them,
Old 02-07-2010, 11:47 PM
12 Second Truck Club

damn, what a bad thing. i feel for the families, i lost my little brother in December to an auto accident, he had just turned 16. he wasnt driving, but he paid the ultimate price.....very sad
Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 AM
TECH Regular

damn i didn't see that, had to go back and watch the whole thing again since i just kinda skipped through it the first time... i figured they would have had the bodies removed by then... too bad they didn't get some better shots, it might make some people think twice next time they decide to get drunk and act like a moron... i'm kind of a sucker for morbid crap like that but for some it might burn that image in their head and help keep them from making mistakes
Old 02-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Staging Lane

Ehh, I'll somewhat agree with the whole truck thing and how they shouldn't be racing. I know car's shouldn't be street racing either. Yeah trucks can be fast but those trucks weren't set up to be racing even if they were fast. Trucks aren't built to be race cars especially just some regular ol truck. Yeah go ahead put a big *** turbo or supercharger on it. It will be fast but it's still a pickup truck. Not ment to be raced. Unless like I said you do a lot more to it than just motor work.

Unfortunant none the less.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JayBee
Ehh, I'll somewhat agree with the whole truck thing and how they shouldn't be racing. I know car's shouldn't be street racing either. Yeah trucks can be fast but those trucks weren't set up to be racing even if they were fast. Trucks aren't built to be race cars especially just some regular ol truck. Yeah go ahead put a big *** turbo or supercharger on it. It will be fast but it's still a pickup truck. Not ment to be raced. Unless like I said you do a lot more to it than just motor work.

Unfortunant none the less.
So the results would be differ. if they were sports cars?

No matter what you have done to you car, or truck, suspension wise, performance wise.. Try hitting a curb at 80+ mph, then post results on ls1tech.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zadq9usA2SQ

More of this if you get caught. JMO.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

All I'm saying is a truck isn't built to be driven as if it was a racecar. It's a big heavy *** vehicle that sits high off the ground. So why would you want to drive it like you're Dale Earnhardt? Especially around other people. It's pretty dumb if you ask me.

No, hell no do I think someone should die for doing it but they could have used some common sense.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's not the bad part, make the video full screen and look at the passenger side of the maroon truck, you can see the passenger's head/face there. Bad stuff.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlt76028
this is a pretty dumb ignorant comment. So you don't feel bad for them because the weren't in some fast exotic car?? and BTW there's tons of trucks out there that will smoke your cammed camaro easily...
+1, my lightning ran mid 11's.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by redz_02
+1, my lightning ran mid 11's.
+2 My truck has a bigger camshaft than the guy that made the comment.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Some of you are to focused on the truck issue. It is a drinking and driving issue. Drinking and driving + triple digit speeds = death.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by boostnificent
Some of you are to focused on the truck issue. It is a drinking and driving issue. Drinking and driving + triple digit speeds = death.
What he said!

This thread is not about pissing contests about how fast trucks are, it's about people dying and families suffering.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by cambirdracing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zadq9usA2SQ

More of this if you get caught. JMO.
that video is dumb.

those were a few cars that they probably impounded from some illegal's. if they really wanted to make a point they would have caught some nice cars and impounded them.

Heck those cars were probably running from ICE so they didn't get deported.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sad to see that happen never good to see when someone has to go like that! RIP!!

Originally Posted by dlt76028
this is a pretty dumb ignorant comment. So you don't feel bad for them because the weren't in some fast exotic car?? and BTW there's tons of trucks out there that will smoke your cammed camaro easily...
ILL Put Him to the test i promise you!!!

To the rest of you asses who dont think trucks are ment to be raced!

Any idiot can take a fbody put a cam&Tune and be decently quick, Now get a 4500lb Truck to outrun that camed camaro Takes knowledge and knowhow..

I think we all have a reason to race regardless of what you got. If anything you should switch over to PerformanceTrucks everynow and then
and support us truck guys! Maybe ever show a little respect for those of us who bust our asses to get where we are...

We come onto ls1tech to see what you guys have going on y not just drop in and say good job from time to time....

To those of you who do that its well appreciated!!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This thread is not about pissing contests about how fast trucks are, it's about people dying and families suffering.[/QUOTE]

Sorry had to vent! Im good now!

Thanks

Quick Reply: nasty street race last night on 45/college