Neighbors Hate My LS Cars = Assault Charges

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Neighbors Hate My LS Cars = Assault Charges

How do we take a stand against these people that highly dislike our LS cars? I have friends that bring their car over and some are not even loud but 5 of my neighbors insist on wasting valuable tax dollars and call the cops every week on us. There is nothing illegal going on, and my race car never touches the street; it goes on our trailer and then to the track. Sometimes we do have to work on the car at home (where would they like me to work on it; out in a field somewhere?) that's in an enclosed garage at least 100 feet from the street and behind a large black gate. No homeowners assn in my housing edition. I feel like now I am forced to move out, which is VERY costly, cause of how crazy they are acting. Some of the cops that come by love the car and even ask when they can see it run. Several cops have told us they cannot do anything to us, the cops can only tell us to keep it down. We even have common courtesy and only turn the car on maybe once a week for not more than 1 hour to tune, etc. between the hours of 10am-6pm, respectively. The cop yesterday, though, said he could write a ticket if he walked up and heard the car running behind the gate? He would have to prove that the decibel level is above the city's recommended level.

The guy directly across the street walked up to my husband, who was minding his business and tending to the trailer on the street, (yes, it was legally parked and not blocking anyone's driveway) and pushed him into the trailer and then punched him in the chest. My husband did not touch him or punch him, cause he knew they'd put him in jail. I was on the phone and heard everything so I immediately called the cops since I could not be there and was driving in traffic. I thought about gathering some LS cars and getting them to start a burn-out alley? LOL. These people need to know that we're not afraid of them calling the cops.

So do you have any trouble with your neighbors and your love for your car? How have you handled the situation? Did you go as far as moving away? It's loud car - they need to get over it.

Last edited by fasttagurl; 03-12-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

HOA =
: them they are always breathing down my huevos

call the cops and document everything
Old 03-12-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would call the cops on that bastard that punched your husband.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why not call the cops on them when your husband was assaulted? He should have either 1) beat his *** right then and there, and claimed self-defense. or 2) called the cops for assault and made a huge deal out of it, if it ever comes down to it, you have a paper trail to claim harrasment
Old 03-12-2010, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Some guy walks up and puts his hands on me and he's getting broken down shotgun style. Props to your hubby for having self control though.
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zamora7
I would call the cops on that bastard that punched your husband.
i say the same. noise is worth a call to cops? physical contact isn't? they need their logic adjusted.
Banned

Run him over with your car. Problem solved.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

We did call the cops on the guy and he's getting assault charges put on him. Sorry, forgot to mention. Then, after I move away, I got a few people who will kick his ***. Think I might gather some F-Bods for some fun in South Arlington, though...
Old 03-12-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Why the heck did you not call the Police immediately after the assault!!!!? CMON!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That was assault. Screw that SOB. Everyone is entitled to drive what they want. Some ppl drive Prius and some drive muscle cars ; gas guzzling beasts that drop panties at the mere sound of the engine startup. If you don't have HOA you're fine. If you have a weird cop that sts he could ticket you for noise violation well big deal. Pay the ticket. It's your house your property so just learn to deal with it. It sucks I know. Good luck. I'd have broken that arm he punched me with though and his knee. He hit first. Besides who hits in the chest?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Launching!

lol i had one guy that used to give me **** so i started driving the car to work in the morning, one day he walked up to me while i was changing my oil and started talking **** about how i need to keep my car off the road and started making threats of what he was gonna do if i ever left it outside. but see 2 houses down i have a sheriff that lives there and i have to say hes got to be the coolest cop ive ever met, he has a sleeve and rides a big dog chopper on the weekends so we take turns drooling over each others rides and his **** is loud too so i get out from under the car and notice my buddys garage is open i walk over to his garage and tell him whats up as the ******* neighbor is following me the cop tells the guy what the actual law is and basically tells him to go **** off but not in those words and as the ******* neighbor was walking off the cop fired up his chopper in the garage and i swear that guy jumped 4 foot in the air, turned around and glared at us as he walked home, we laughed so hard, he ended up moving out a few months later i think he lost his job or something. theres also a guy that lives by me that has a black 67 camaro tubed out with a 502 and spray in fact theres quit a few people with hot cars in my neighborhood. if that guy pushed and then punched your husband i would file assault charges if they wanna call the cops then you should start calling the cops, and they cant give you a noise polution ticket for your car if its not on a public road all they can ask you to do is turn it off. i love living in spring cypress.

Last edited by strokerblackhawk; 03-12-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Camaro Junky
Why the heck did you not call the Police immediately after the assault!!!!? CMON!
Why the heck did you not read the post above yours before posting!!!? CMON!

Old 03-12-2010, 10:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro Junky
We did do that!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey I live in Converse too
Old 03-12-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Self defense is legal. After all it would be obvious if the guy is layed out next to the trailer that your husband did not drag him over there to start a fight.

It's just dangerous to be afraid to defend yourself because of potential charges. The guy could of had much worse intentions than throwing a punch.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

Not to disrespect, but I would like to hear the other side of the story. It just seems too one sided. There may be unheard issues on both sides that may put this story in the complete context, just too many variables.

One absolute is that if your husband was pushed (assault and battery) without any provocation, the assaulter should have ended up in jail.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by old_goat
Not to disrespect, but I would like to hear the other side of the story. It just seems too one sided. There may be unheard issues on both sides that may put this story in the complete context, just too many variables.

One absolute is that if your husband was pushed (assault and battery) without any provocation, the assaulter should have ended up in jail.
finally someone said it.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by old_goat

Whatever, I know the guy was not provoked. If you went and saw this guy you would see he's a dirtbag old war veteran with a hobbit leg who's just being a jerk. My husband told the guy to back away from him, that was all that was said. He would say the cars are loud, just like he told the cops. End of story.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 AM
10 Second Club

According to law enforcement in cities I've lived in:

Assualt in Arlington = no jail time
Assault in DeSoto = direct jail time
Assault in Lancaster = direct jail time
Assault in Glenn Heights = direct jail time

Apparently the laws vary from city to city, because the cop almost laughed at me when I requested the guy be hauled away. He DID say, though, that he would file Class A Assault charges on the guy, then we go to court, then he's arrested or put on probation. Funny how the system improperly works now.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TINKRD
finally someone said it.
She always has these kind of problems and they always sound one sided.

I'm with the 'dirtbag who punched your husband'