RESPONSE TO sloc5ls6 EDDY WOODARD

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RESPONSE TO sloc5ls6 EDDY WOODARD

The Torque tube that was order over two years ago was recommended by you. Eddy did not have a ebay account therefore he asked me to order it for him. I didn't not recommend Eddy by that specific one. I did recommend Eddy to Ebay to find a troque tube. Eddy told me he has over 40,000 miles on a used torque tube, not bad if you asked me. I meet Eddy Woodard from Charles El the guy who ripped of Chuck and Stole My identity. Well I put Charles El behind bars for 14 months and have known Eddy every since.

As of the past four months. We tore you car down. Eddy had two couplers that failed because over time they dry rot. When this happened, he decided to keep driving the vehicle until it basically tore the bushing into threads and finally broke the slave cylinder.
Eddy order the two bushing, we installed them on the torque tube. At that time Eddy recieves a phone call saying that you have a bent driveshaft. YOUR EXACT WORDS "GO AHEAD AND INSTALL IT." I told you that its not going to work, not only was it bent but you could move the shaft around. I told you that it was bent and the housing was damage where the bearing sits. YOUR EXACT WORDS "GO AHEAD AND INSTALL IT." Well common-sense would of told you that this wasn't going to work. We installed the torque tube according to the customer. Well the corvette broke down with in a mile. The vehicle torque tube started vibrating and eventually broke the slave. Therefore, we had it towed back to the shop. We tore the car down again. He agree to pay the labor a second time at less than half price. We pulled the torque tube out again. Again it was still bent.
The next torque tube that he brings us must have came out of the ocean. There was at least a quart of water that came out of this thing. The shaft was so rusted you could not install a clutch on the spline. The customer then tried to rebuild this tube with parts from his old on tube that was bent. Why would he even try to use parts from a bent torque tube. He said he spent $600.00 for a new spline/shaft that goes into the clutch area. We installed this piece and assembled it. Again it was still bent. Eddy's exact words "GO AHEAD AND INATLL IN IT WILL WORK." Well it broke on the lift.
The Third time he brought one in here from somewhere's else alredy assembled. He said I had it inpected by Corvettes of Houston, Vette Tech and somewheres else. Again it was still bent but better. I told him it was still bent and everytime I told him to come look at it. He would come by and say thats fine, thats normal. Eddy "GO AHEAD AND INSTALL IT." We I was driving it around the parking lot the vehicle had vibration from the torqe tube area. I got the rpm's up to about 3000 and you could fill the torque tube come apart. Again it was so bad it broke the slave.
I even waranty the slave the customer brought in.
Well a customer/friend was explaining to Eddy about what was going on with his vehicle. I was busy with two other customers and my sales Manager Austin was picking up parts.
Then I go outside once my two customers have left. As I walk up to him he starts rambling off things. He said that his front inner finder was missing. I said not a problem, we took one off Austins car. WHY WOULD WE TAKE A INNER FENDER OFF WHEN WE DO A TORQUE TUBE. Also its like 17 bucks at Lone Star Chevy. Then he complains about a lug nut that was broke off the day he brought it in. I subtracted the lug nut and a coupler that he said he was missing without hesitation. I remember the lug nut because I picked the car up at his house for free. It took an hour because his torque tube was broke and his slave was cracked. The car had to be winched on to the trailor. I didn't mind picking up a customers car if I have time.
He's in back there for 45 minutes on the phone, he says he is waiting for a wrecker. Then his mom shows up. She starts to argue with me of how I put a NEW part into the car and it broke. Why don't I warranty it. I guess Eddy never told his mommy that the torque tubes where all used. They where also all rebuilt with pieces from a bent torque tube. I understand that he is trying to save some money because they cost about 2400 my cost from Lone Star. Then my customer is trying to explain it to his mom because he has been at the shop several times when Eddy has dropped off the torque tubes. We even showed him (my customer) how they are suppose to be. Then eddy trys to argue with my customer. I am assuming that he doesn't like to hear the truth from a customer. I step back and let them do their thing. Eddy ends up starting to make comments to my customer (325lbs Black Guy). Lets just say I wouldn't mess with him. My customer was just trying to be friendly and help eddy and I out while I was busy. Eddy makes comments to my customer about being fat and how he doesn't know anything. Then he trys to fight my customer, my customer is calm. Customer ignores Eddy and trys to talk directly to his mom. Then Eddy all the sudden wants to fight my customer. Eddy acts like he wants to hit my customer while standing 10 feet away behind his mom. Then his mom trys to fight my customer, says she is a black belt and can hold her on. Customer says I don't want to fight just trying to explain what happened with your torque tube. Then I guess eddy says something that makes my customer upset. Eddy says come here and I will hit you. Well as he walks towards the customer and says hit me. Then he looks over and eddy had called the Police. That must have been why he was on the phone in the back for 45 min. Thats probably why he also all of the sudden wanted to fight my customer. Then he trys to argue with the Police that I am over charging him and he shouldn't pay because the car isn't fixed. They try arguing with me through the Police. We both tell each side of the story. The Police laugh at him and tell him has to pay, you can take it up in court. Then they come back up to me and argue again. His mom is like lets be fair, how can you charge him for the car not being fixed. I tell her your son brought used parts that we told him that they aren't any good. I just tell her lets take it to court. Three types of payments for $900.00 dollars later. The car has been here waiting on Eddy to bring the parts back and fourth since the begining of December.
ALSO THE CUSTOMER TOOK ALL OF HIS PARTS BACK THE SECOND TIME. I even asked him what would I do with a bent torque tube. He said he could sell it. LOL
Old 03-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

paragraph's are a wonderful thing.

this will proably get locked anyway, what about the other thread about hpe? can we expect a response to that as well
Old 03-19-2010, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LS1tech needs to make a writing formating section to help people write better. That was hard to read.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:39 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

It was hard to read, but there are crazy customers out there with f'd up expectations and judgement and when something doesn't go right they throw the shop under the bus.

If I was the shop, I would have flatly refused to install damaged parts on the customer vehicle. Yeah, you lose a little business up front, but you avoid the drama war that comes afterwards.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lesson learned. Don’t install bad parts on a customer’s car even if they say to install them….

Also, IF you are going to do this, have it in writing that you have warned the customer of defective parts and that customers has chosen to waive rights, etc.

Why? b/c of this exact situation.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TWS
It was hard to read, but there are crazy customers out there with f'd up expectations and judgement and when something doesn't go right they throw the shop under the bus.

If I was the shop, I would have flatly refused to install damaged parts on the customer vehicle. Yeah, you lose a little business up front, but you avoid the drama war that comes afterwards.
This ^^^

(and formatting does go A LONG way )
Old 03-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Seriously Gary, you are the name and face of your company. You need to show a little more professionalism in your writing. There is just something about reading a post from a company owner trying to defend his company when his grammar/spelling is all sorts of fuggored that doesn't sit well with me. If it were me I would've flat out refused to install a bent tq tube the second time, the customer isn't always right you know.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:09 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

All that aside....that **** is funny. You drive a vette and want used parts???? What a special little guy.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

^^^+1111

What was he thinking buying used parts and installing a bent torque tube. That spells all kinds of problems
Old 03-19-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
All that aside....that **** is funny. You drive a vette and want used parts???? What a special little guy.
There is nothing wrong with installing used WORKING parts on a corvette.
C5 corvettes are becoming the new foxbodies man!

Also, from a business standpoint I agree completely with what TINKRD proposed.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

There is always two sides to a story.. this is now making sense. X3 on getting a waiver on used parts.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSP Racing
This ^^^

(and formatting does go A LONG way )
+3
Old 03-19-2010, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

I learned along time ago when I worked in a service industry that sometimes you have to fire certain customers. It is always these types of ******** that nickel and dime your *** to death that end up being the biggest paiin in the ***. You never make money with these types of people, so I would always kick them in the ***** with the price so they would either go the hell away or we would make enough money to justify dealing with their dumb ***. I cannot stand people like that. I always found that my best customers were the ones that didn't beat me up on the price or paid what I asked for the first time.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Either A) tell the customer you will NOT install a bad used part on the car because of the liabity. HPE of all shops should know that bc they have been around for a while.
B) shove that torque tube so far up his *** he will never talk about a torque tube again. And bty if he had to get his mom out there then he is too young to even own a vette, or sportscar period.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice to hear both sides of the story for once...
Old 03-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Banned

I have all my receipts on 2 different completed tubes that were purchased and it's not possible to swap pieces from a 97-00 tube to a '02-'04 tube Mr. Uncertified GM mechanic. Therefore, none of my old parts from my tube were switched over to any new tubes I bought. Also you still have my original housing and rear carrier bearing in your facility. You were standing behind your make shift body guard cheering him on with your pom poms and skirt hitched up cheering him on like biiiiiatch. It's what are and what you'll ever be you lying theiving coward.

Why was my intake coupler removed from my car to begin with? Last time I checked, you don't need to remove an intake coupler from a car to do a torque tube. Your shady tech put my fender cover on another customers car when he was installing my master cylinder that I paid for. I'm getting that verified that it was a new part, since it was purchased through you. The car came in there with 5 lug nuts on each wheel, I still have my receipt for the new lugs purchased 5 days prior to my car entering your chop shop. Why did you have your customer call me to let me know what was wrong with my car? What kind of shop has another customer call them to inform them of their car. Yourself, Austin or the tech (Wade) should have called me, not another customer. I can't help you are intimidated by me and had to find John Coffee to hide behind to handle your company's issue. Why didn't you make a call to me, why was one customer calling another customer GARY?? It's absolutely unprofessional.

You need to be locked up trying to F over customers, you have no clue how many pissed off former HPE customers are out here, from your shoddy service, lack of professionalism and poor worksmanship. See you in court.

Last edited by SLOC5LS6; 03-19-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06colorado
^^^+1111

What was he thinking buying used parts and installing a bent torque tube. That spells all kinds of problems
The tube was not bent. I'll get it torn down to see if a pilot bearing was actually put it.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SLOC5LS6
. You were standing behind your make shift body guard cheering him on with your pom poms and skirt hitched up cheering him on like biiiiiatch. It's what are and what you'll ever be you lying theiving coward.
there you go, posz28
Old 03-19-2010, 03:19 PM
11 Second Club

Wow! Bunch of drama.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SLOC5LS6
The tube was not bent. I'll get it torn down to see if a pilot bearing was actually put it.
Well if it wasnt your torque tube then you have another problem to cause a vibration. Most of the time you would only feel a vibration coming from the piolot bearing would be when the clutch is disengaged.

Quick Reply: RESPONSE TO sloc5ls6 EDDY WOODARD