70 Chevelle Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 70 Chevelle Project

Just picked this badboy up today and the best part was I drove it home!! Has a rebuilt 355 with a nice cam and runs great. Not sure what the plans are yet, probably going to sand down the body and paint it flat black(primer). Now I need to figure out a way to tell my mom about it lol..
It has new tires and a few other new parts also.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NIce. I wish I had the time and money for mess around with cars again. Other than my racecar.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont u have 3 cars already?
lol
Old 04-07-2010, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

Let me know when you decide to sell it.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ws6kid.
lol
He might, but the funniest part of the post was "how he is going to tell his mom he bought a car"....damn I remember those days of hiding things from my parents.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ws6kid.
lol
Nah, I sold the 06 Buick a week or two ago and the 73 Camaro a month or so ago. I think this Chevelle is my 9th car or something, I can't even count anymore lol. I have 5 more cars but really they don't count, they are just whoever wants them.

And Cambirdracing, same here. I make $120 a week and can only work on the car 30 mins before work, but it's fun and will be totally worth it in the end. Just have to save your money and and sneak time whe the boss isn't looking lol. I am going to buy some bondo and stuff from boss and start sanding it down soon.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
He might, but the funniest part of the post was "how he is going to tell his mom he bought a car"....damn I remember those days of hiding things from my parents.
Yeah I am scared lol, my stepdad said he would kick me out of the house if I bought another car but whatever, I only care about my mom. I bought my 70 GTO without her knowing and telling her I bought it was hands down the hardest thing I had ever had to do in my life. She didn't want me to get another car right now since she is really stressed at the moment so I will just wait until she gets all her stuff straight and is cool with me getting something else. This thing is a street legal car and not some piece of crap so she will be fine with it, the GTO was a rusty POS with no title.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin

And Cambirdracing, same here. I make $120 a week and can only work on the car 30 mins before work, but it's fun and will be totally worth it in the end

Problem is I need to sell my house in Dickinson, get my truck paid for and my wife starts her new job monday. She has been out of work for a year. Oh yea, and my daughter to hurry up and turn 18 so I can quit paying child support. At least I have my racecar, which made it thru a marriage, buying a house, adopting my ex's son, having my daughter, a divorce and into a secong marriage. My wife now has a 71 Camaro that runs in the high 10's. I have a geat job for a contracter at NASA. Just for the truck and child support is 1400 a month.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

Sweet...I see a beautiful car...even with all the primer, congrats!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Next week I am going to sand down everything, clean it up and reprimer it. I am afraid I might find some stuff under the primer but whatever.

The quarters need to be patched at the bottom and the trunk needs a patch but other than that there isn't much rust. There is a hole about the size of a dime in the passenger floor also.