Arrested and Jailed For No Front Plate?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyB4C
They finally caught the Dickster!!!
That's funny right there, I don't care who you are !
Old 05-03-2010, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont know if this has been said, but if a cop pulls you over he/she can pretty much arrest you for any violation, except an open container which max will result in a citation.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 198 Posts

back in 82 i was driving to ft hood.......speed was 55 back then............was doing 70 tryin to get to post before 5......got pulled over by nolanville PD......did not give me a ticket but told me to follow him.....drove to the PD......he put me in jail til my wife paid the ticket....she drove on to the post to cash a check.......came back and paid them ******** off....i was to leave for germany in a few days or i would have told them to bite me......i still never did see the ticket
Old 05-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Welcome to the real world, you can be arrested any time you break a law regardless of how petty you think it is. Been there done that
Old 05-04-2010, 06:04 AM
11 Second Club

NOTE: this is not directed to the OP.....

Most of the time you'll find people bitch and complain about getting pulled over and how they didn't do anything wrong and the officer was an *******. But in reality they went through a step process on things done wrong that led up to the end result. Yes there are some cops out there that seemed like they went through the dick academy, but most are fair and a lot of times will work with you if you give them the respect in the beginning like they deserve. Just my $0.02
Old 05-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KL20

Most of the time you'll find people bitch and complain about getting pulled over and how they didn't do anything wrong and the officer was an *******. But in reality they went through a step process on things done wrong that led up to the end result. Yes there are some cops out there that seemed like they went through the dick academy, but most are fair and a lot of times will work with you if you give them the respect in the beginning like they deserve. Just my $0.02
Most are respectful but some are just a-holes and hide behind the badge. There was cop in college that used to pull me/my friends over at gunpoint while we were riding just to be a dick. Guess karma caught up to him because he was shot in the head by another officer during a home siege.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dickster86
I am going to file a complaint, but like you said, what if the whole PD is corrupt? I mean this is where I live and I am around every day. I fear a complaint will just draw more attention and more trouble for myself.

Lets not get carried away there "Lunch Box."

lol lunch box lol , put a dan complaint **** them , then if they keep ******* with u sue there asses and buy a c6z lol
Old 05-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Teching In

the whole problem i see is not the tickets, because it is there call. rather the fact that you went to jail for no apparent reason. unless you had a warrant out then i see this being a bs charge. Now youll have to fix all the problem and have wasted a good 20 hours of your life with people who you never should have met. I hate people who abuse there power, its like when i got charged for "evading arrest" because there was no safe place to pull over and he took me to jail. I swear some cops shouldent be given a badge, its no longer protecting the public when your arresting people for stuff like this.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ysb02
Most are respectful but some are just a-holes and hide behind the badge. There was cop in college that used to pull me/my friends over at gunpoint while we were riding just to be a dick. Guess karma caught up to him because he was shot in the head by another officer during a home siege.
LOL idk if id chalk this up under karma, maybe a good ol police brutality charge but not a bullet to the dome lol.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

I was arrested and jailed for something similar.

They said they heard a car going fast. Which, there was a Camaro who flew by me. He saw both of us turning onto the Nasa/528 overpass and took both of us.

Can't really do anything about it. I did get mine reduced to a Class "C" Speeding Ticket, though. Still lost all the attorney fees and bail money.

EDIT: It was the Webster Constables who took me in.

DOUBLE EDIT: There is no ticket for "racing" now, just a straight up Class "B" Misdemeanor.

Last edited by H/C/I Stang; 05-04-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:01 PM
12 Second Club

I swear that they removed the Exhibition of Acceleration fine. I had one about a year ago. Got ticketed and then when the court date came. I called in and it was dropped due to not enough data or some crap like that. Im surprised they took you to jail for that though. Sucks man.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KL20

Interesting coming from Garland, the most likely place in Texas to get ripped out of your car and beat like a dog in the street by a cop. lol
Old 05-04-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

cops dont deserve respect cause a majority of em are ********! i havent met 1 cool cop but im sure they're out there.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DSIM
Actually, according to the TXDPS website.....
Funny, on December 3rd I got a ticket for an expired inspection that had an expiration date of 11/09.
Originally Posted by 6']['9
cops dont deserve respect cause a majority of em are ********! i havent met 1 cool cop but im sure they're out there.
**** man all the SAPD cops I've met were cool as hell. Don't EVER speed in Schertz. You will get pulled over and given a ticket . they are just as bad as Selma used to be.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Teching In

I would have sat until fines were settled with time served. I'm not contributing to their racket. It's all a scheme to create salaries and generate income for the city/county.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dickster86
So, I was driving to my apt on Saturday afternoon, around 3pm. I was pulled over by a local PD for supposed exhibition of acceleration. The officer didn't actually see anything, but heard my car and assumed thats what i was doing. I did pop the the throttle in second and jumped from 20mph to about 35mph. After being stopped they said I didn't have a front license plate, my inspection was expired, which it was on that day, May 1st, and I had a faulty tail light. After I signed the citation, I was removed from car, placed in handcuffs and put in the back of a cruiser. My car was towed to a impound lot, I was driven to the jail, checked in, changed clothes and put into a cell. I was being held for the fines I owed on the tickets I had just received. I was bailed out a few hours later for the amount of the tickets and was given a court date for later this week.

I am just wondering if anyone else has ever been jailed for something so ridiculous as this. I am outraged that I was arrested for these seemingly minor infractions.

Now I know there are always 2 sides of a story and this is only one side. I was not rude nor disrespectful to the officer. I was a little bit surprised when I was pulled over, because I knew there was no one around when I popped it.

Just looking for advise or maybe a reason why they would do this.

-Dick
thats some funny **** lol
that same thing happen to me also but it was 2 years ago on this month well i got all the same tickets that you did faulty tail light,expired inspection,no front license plate,had 1 warrant also but they pull me over because the cop said that i diren't put on my turn signal when i did i told my self how could you tell if i turn on my turn signal or not if he was 3 cars behind me but i did not told him that all this happen when i when to see some street racing and that cops show up no one got pull over but me because all because " i fail to turn on my turn signal" yeah right well i when to jail put on a cell and i could not bail my self out because that fine was in another county i got transfer later that day and i bail my self out in the morning the other county i had to walk home cus they will not make me make my phone call

but just take a picture of your car with that licence plate and go to court and show it to the clerk she will dismiss the tickets and for the tail lights just by some lights bulbs and keep the receipt and also show it to the clerk and same think with the inspection good luck
Old 05-05-2010, 06:34 AM
12 Second Club

that really sucks to hear Dick. Myself being in law enforcement it disgust me to hear of **** like this going down. Prolly a DIKE.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Launching!

There are cool cops out there, but it only takes a few (or bunch lol) to spoil it. just like mechanics in general get a bad rap for "ripping off" customers, thats because a few bad ones got caught and dateline nbc and others exposed them, now consumers think ALL mechanics are crooked...

I have respect for cops, the ones that join to serve and protect. NOT the ones that serve and powertrip...
Old 03-11-2012, 07:02 AM

Default help same situation

Hey I live in alvin my camaro got impounded as well where is impound lot located I was told highway six but I can't see my car any where on or in any parking lot
Old 03-11-2012, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had a cop in college station threaten to take me to jail for "excessive acceleration" back in 2003 or 4.

I'd talk to an attorney though. Since little miss piggy didn't witness the "crime", the stop may not have been legit, in which case everything that results is out the door.

Quick Reply: Arrested and Jailed For No Front Plate?