Cushing = juicer

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I was just joking. I'm well aware of that. LOL

Cushing claims it was a "non-steroidal" substance.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5172060
Maybe he was trying to get pregnant like Manram...

-Mike
Old 05-10-2010, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They don't release what you test positive for so you only have his word, for all that is worth. That's too bad. I'll have to remember not to draft him for FFL. He definitely helped me win my league last year.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Teching In

PED can be things you get at supplement stores like GNC, but the league can still put a ban on it. Hell I was going to get a supplement that I ended up passing on because in very fine print on the back it straight up warns you it can cause false positives for pro-hormone drug tests. Don't be so quick to judge it that it had to be the juice.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tex7387
PED can be things you get at supplement stores like GNC, but the league can still put a ban on it. Hell I was going to get a supplement that I ended up passing on because in very fine print on the back it straight up warns you it can cause false positives for pro-hormone drug tests. Don't be so quick to judge it that it had to be the juice.
Pro hormones are basically steroids, just a milder form of them. Hell muscle milk can make you fail drug tests and thats why they came out with the collegiate formula which is retarded since the original formula is basically useless in the first place.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by whatsa347
Pro hormones are basically steroids, just a milder form of them. Hell muscle milk can make you fail drug tests and thats why they came out with the collegiate formula which is retarded since the original formula is basically useless in the first place.
Pro-hormones are not actually steriods, they are converted to an anabolic steroid in your system as opposed to directly injecting the steriods.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

good vid on this here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/ta...uspension-2010

just scroll down to the vid clip
Old 05-10-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

He could have drunk a ******* energy drink with ephedrine in it for all we know.

Now, the AP wants to do an unprecedented re-vote on the DROY award. That's just crazy. If he played in another market (won't name any teams), that wouldn't happen.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6998827.html
Old 05-10-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
good vid on this here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/ta...uspension-2010

just scroll down to the vid clip
This one, right?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5178355
Old 05-11-2010, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tex7387
Pro-hormones are not actually steriods, they are converted to an anabolic steroid in your system as opposed to directly injecting the steriods.
Anything that raises your testosterone like that is some form of a steroid, granted they are not even close to a decent stack of roids but they still produce the same results over time and same side effects. I think its pretty obvious he was roiding pretty hard, I even remember a couple of instances during the season where he actually went off on a couple of people. But if the NFL wants to be fair they should test everyone (reggie,L.T.,T.O.....) but of course there would be no players in the NFL except maybe kickers.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:19 AM
TECH Pimp

Bush is the king of roids.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:23 AM
TECH Junkie

I've been listening to some of the sports talk guys about this, and I really hope Cushing comes out and talks about it himself (though I doubt the NFLPA will let him). There are too many gaps in this story. Why did he get suspended now if the test was in September? Does the appeal process really take that long? When in September was the test taken? Did he fail any subsequent tests?

Most importantly, what was this "non-steroidal" substance?

I know the AP writers are going to take the defensive rookie award away from him, because they're a bunch of self-righteous windbags, but it would be nice if some of these details were answered before they strip him of the award.

For example, if he failed the test in early September, before the season started, and didn't fail any subsequent tests, that would tell me he either quit taking whatever it was, or found a better masking agent (like the rest of the NFL players). If that's the case, he was on an equal playing field with the rest of the NFL players, and still deserved to win the award, IMO.

-Mike
Old 05-11-2010, 08:27 AM
TECH Junkie

ON NFL LIVE:

Tedy Bruschi: CUSHING SHOULD NOT BE STRIPPED OF THE AWARD BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT OF THE BROAD RANGE OF SUBSTANCES IT WAS

Mark Sclereth: CUSHING WAS A PLAYER WHO GOT BETTER AS THE YEAR WENT ON SO I DONT SEE HOW YOU CAN STRIP HIM OF ANYTHING SINCE IT WAS TESTED IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON.

Bruschi and Sclereth: HES A GREAT FOOTBALL PLAYER THERES NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

ADAM SCHEFTER: CUSHING DID AGREE TO TAKE A LIE DETECTOR TEST ON THE USING ANY PEDs and HE PASSED

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/5/10/14...-test-steroids
Old 05-11-2010, 08:31 AM
TECH Pimp

Game over..
Old 05-11-2010, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by _Zac
Bush is the king of roids.
I honestly believe if they test any black people, they will pull some sort of racism card out of their ***. Genetics can only take you so far, The NFL workouts aren't that much more extreme then what they were doing in college.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

The NFL workouts aren't that much more extreme then what they were doing in college.
They are 10x more extreme if you ever listen to the rookie interviews.

Don't just make up stuff.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
They are 10x more extreme if you ever listen to the rookie interviews.

Don't just make up stuff.
Did you see reggie before he went to the NFL? Did you see him during/after his rookie year? He wasn't much bigger. The fact I've talked to Steve McKenny about this kind of stuff MULTIPLE times when he came to clear lake when we beat katy and retired his jersey just insures me I promise I know what I'm talking about. If you knew anything about the workouts they do you would know the only thing they really pressure them on is conditioning. There's a reason they can run a 4.8 40 and weigh 300+ pounds. Steve also runs a place in friendswood called velocity which specializes in speed and endurance as well. Not saying the NFL workout isn't extreme or anything, but these big schools have their players training everyday basically all year.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you see reggie before he went to the NFL? Did you see him during/after his rookie year? He wasn't much bigger. The fact I've talked to Steve McKenny about this kind of stuff MULTIPLE times when he came to clear lake when we beat katy and retired his jersey just insures me I promise I know what I'm talking about. If you knew anything about the workouts they do you would know the only thing they really pressure them on is conditioning. There's a reason they can run a 4.8 40 and weigh 300+ pounds. Steve also runs a place in friendswood called velocity which specializes in speed and endurance as well. Not saying the NFL workout isn't extreme or anything, but these big schools have their players training everyday basically all year.
Weight room and conditioning is way different.

I was commenting on the conditioning programs NFL teams run. You can only spend so much time in the gym before it becomes counter productive. I know college kids are on meal plans, but NFL nutrition is still a step up.

Getting bigger is more about nutrition and sleep rather than a crazy workout regime in the weight room.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
Weight room and conditioning is way different.

I was commenting on the conditioning programs NFL teams run. You can only spend so much time in the gym before it becomes counter productive. I know college kids are on meal plans, but NFL nutrition is still a step up.

Getting bigger is more about nutrition and sleep rather than a crazy workout regime in the weight room.
They only lift heavy in the gym, thats the purpose. High weight low reps thats how they become juggernauts. Thats what I'm trying to explain you don't just become automatically huge from joining the NFL especially when your a rookie.
College kids are on ALOT more than meal plans. Like I said before everyone in football takes some sort of pro-hormone, You have to in this day and age.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=1172
^ thats just their upper body
Old 05-11-2010, 11:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Maybe he was trying to get pregnant like Manram...

-Mike
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6999679.html

I was right.

-Mike
Old 05-11-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

They only lift heavy in the gym, thats the purpose. High weight low reps thats how they become juggernauts. Thats what I'm trying to explain you don't just become automatically huge from joining the NFL especially when your a rookie.
College kids are on ALOT more than meal plans. Like I said before everyone in football takes some sort of pro-hormone, You have to in this day and age.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=1172
^ thats just their upper body
People like you make me want to poke my eyes out. You don't know anything about the differences between being big and being strong. It's very different. And high weight/low reps is for getting stronger, not bigger. Diet and rest play a huge role in getting both bigger and stronger.

I spent the spring semester as a student-assistant for the football team at Colorado State and Joey Porter was on campus for a few weeks working out and checking out our new facilities before he was signed by Arizona. The foundation for our workouts and his workouts were very similar.

Anytime a player makes a jump to the next level (HS to College or College to NFL) there is a good chance they aren't physically developed enough to play right away. A lot of the kids coming out of HS who are the top rated players get that way because they are physically developed enough to play D1 ball right away. The rest of the kids need time to develop physically so they can compete.

NFL workouts are just as brutal as the college workouts are, and in some cases more so. A lot of NFL vets are dealing with multiple injuries from the years past and spend a lot of time in pre-hab and re-hab getting ready for another season of pounding.

On an interesting side-note, our new S&C coach is from NC State and was the S&C coach when Mario Williams was there. He said Mario was absolutely the freakiest person in the weight room he'd ever seen. He can do things you never thought a 6'7 290 lb. guy can do.