Cushing = juicer

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, our S&C coach said hCG levels can be elevated if you're tested within 12 hours of bustin' a nut.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben R
Also, our S&C coach said hCG levels can be elevated if you're tested within 12 hours of bustin' a nut.
LOL!

I read that earlier on the Texans board.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People like you make me want to poke my eyes out. You don't know anything about the differences between being big and being strong. It's very different. And high weight/low reps is for getting stronger, not bigger. Diet and rest play a huge role in getting both bigger and stronger.

I spent the spring semester as a student-assistant for the football team at Colorado State and Joey Porter was on campus for a few weeks working out and checking out our new facilities before he was signed by Arizona. The foundation for our workouts and his workouts were very similar.

Anytime a player makes a jump to the next level (HS to College or College to NFL) there is a good chance they aren't physically developed enough to play right away. A lot of the kids coming out of HS who are the top rated players get that way because they are physically developed enough to play D1 ball right away. The rest of the kids need time to develop physically so they can compete.

NFL workouts are just as brutal as the college workouts are, and in some cases more so. A lot of NFL vets are dealing with multiple injuries from the years past and spend a lot of time in pre-hab and re-hab getting ready for another season of pounding.

On an interesting side-note, our new S&C coach is from NC State and was the S&C coach when Mario Williams was there. He said Mario was absolutely the freakiest person in the weight room he'd ever seen. He can do things you never thought a 6'7 290 lb. guy can do.
How do you build muscle? BY LIFTING HEAVY WEIGHT. Repping cuts the muscle and shreds it more making it more tone. Low reps high weight produces mass and yes like you stated strength. The only thing diet does is ensure your body gets the protein and carbs, which if the program knows what its doing will give them right after working out to spike their insulin levels. They should at least be eating their body weight in protein a day. In football they have you on a continuous bulk cycle year round, because the conditioning acts as a cutter.

Last edited by whatsa347; 05-11-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by whatsa347
How do you build muscle? BY LIFTING HEAVY WEIGHT. Repping cuts the muscle and shreds it more making it more tone. Low reps high weight produces mass and yes like you stated strength. The only thing diet does is ensure your body gets the protein and carbs, which if the program knows what its doing will give them right after working out to spike their insulin levels. In football they have you on a continuous bulk cycle year round, because the conditioning acts as a cutter.
I'm about to break this down for you so pay attention.

Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is what most people think of when they think of lifting weight. It is high reps, low weight and “feeling the burn” type of training. The result is the growth of Sarcoplasm (a fluid in the cell ). This fluid accounts for up to 30% of muscle size – so clearly using a sarcoplasmic hypertrophy program has the potential to deliver more growth. High reps at sub-maximal weights are the cause of this. That’s right, high rep/low weight workouts actually make you bulky, moron. Not only that, but Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (high reps) has very little impact on strength, especially compared to a person potential. Sarcoplasmic Hypertrophy Muscle fibers adapt to high volume training (3×8 – 4×15) by increasing the number of mitochondria (organelles in the cell that are involved in ATP production) in the cell. This type of training also leads to the elevation of enzymes that are involved in glycolytic and oxidative pathways. The volume of sarcoplasmic fluid inside the cell and between the cells is increased with high volume training – Notice how i keep repeating…High Volume = Big. This type of training contributes little to maximal strength while it does increase strength endurance due to mitochondria hypertrophy. Growth of connective tissue is also present with sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. This type os growth does NOT stick around long, so when it’s gone you will be stuck with nothing but memories of “feeling the burn”.

Myofibrillar: This is the other form of hypertrophy. The good form. Rock solid, dense, strong, useful muscle. Basically, the actual muscle fiber is increased in size (Much slower than the fluid in sarcoplasmic…but much better) as it gains more myofibrils. Myofibrils are pretty cool because they can actually contract and generate tension which means…STRENGH! If you were to measure your arms every day you would see much less growth (Potentially) with high weight/ low rep training but your power output, strength and performance would increase drastically. There is no bulkiness that is caused by this type of training – sure you can train like a powerlifter and look like a fatass… but that is due to diet and hormones, not the style of training. Again, bulkiness, blockiness or excessive fat are NOT caused by heavy weights. Please, please, please spread the word.

What football S&C program are you working with right now? I can assure you we don't spend a year on a bulk cycle. It's actually kind of the opposite.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I promise you, I know more successful d1 players than you. YOU DO NOT REP A LOW WEIGHT TO GET BIG. I'm working with Portland State, A&M, Navy, SMU, UofH, Harvard. This must explain why colorado is terrible, thanks for clearing that up for me. The fat part from heavy weights is due to the diet. Cut out the the bad fats and keep the poly and monounsaturated fats. Most powerlifters dont diet because they have no need too hence why they're just giant blobs. THEY DIDN'T GET BIG FROM CUTTING. I'm not saying repping a decent amount of weight doesnt get you stronger and bigger. I'm saying the right way to do it is in cycles.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Junkie

I promise you, I know more successful d1 players than you. YOU DO NOT REP A LOW WEIGHT TO GET BIG. I'm working with Portland State, A&M, Navy, SMU, UofH, Harvard. This must explain why colorado is terrible, thanks for clearing that up for me. The fat part from heavy weights is due to the diet. Cut out the the bad fats and keep the poly and monounsaturated fats. Most powerlifters dont diet because they have no need too hence why they're just giant blobs. THEY DIDN'T GET BIG FROM CUTTING. I'm not saying repping a decent amount of weight doesnt get you stronger and bigger. I'm saying the right way to do it is in cycles.
I'm kinda curious to know what your capacity is with those D1 schools. I'll check back later to see what wrong thing you put up next. I have a Bio Mechanics final to take.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:43 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm about to break this down for you so pay attention.

Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is what most people think of when they think of lifting weight. It is high reps, low weight and “feeling the burn” type of training. The result is the growth of Sarcoplasm (a fluid in the cell ). This fluid accounts for up to 30% of muscle size – so clearly using a sarcoplasmic hypertrophy program has the potential to deliver more growth. High reps at sub-maximal weights are the cause of this. That’s right, high rep/low weight workouts actually make you bulky, moron. Not only that, but Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (high reps) has very little impact on strength, especially compared to a person potential. Sarcoplasmic Hypertrophy Muscle fibers adapt to high volume training (3×8 – 4×15) by increasing the number of mitochondria (organelles in the cell that are involved in ATP production) in the cell. This type of training also leads to the elevation of enzymes that are involved in glycolytic and oxidative pathways. The volume of sarcoplasmic fluid inside the cell and between the cells is increased with high volume training – Notice how i keep repeating…High Volume = Big. This type of training contributes little to maximal strength while it does increase strength endurance due to mitochondria hypertrophy. Growth of connective tissue is also present with sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. This type os growth does NOT stick around long, so when it’s gone you will be stuck with nothing but memories of “feeling the burn”.

Myofibrillar: This is the other form of hypertrophy. The good form. Rock solid, dense, strong, useful muscle. Basically, the actual muscle fiber is increased in size (Much slower than the fluid in sarcoplasmic…but much better) as it gains more myofibrils. Myofibrils are pretty cool because they can actually contract and generate tension which means…STRENGH! If you were to measure your arms every day you would see much less growth (Potentially) with high weight/ low rep training but your power output, strength and performance would increase drastically. There is no bulkiness that is caused by this type of training – sure you can train like a powerlifter and look like a fatass… but that is due to diet and hormones, not the style of training. Again, bulkiness, blockiness or excessive fat are NOT caused by heavy weights. Please, please, please spread the word.

What football S&C program are you working with right now? I can assure you we don't spend a year on a bulk cycle. It's actually kind of the opposite.
How dare you come into this thread and use logic and reason and then back it up with scientific facts!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok well have fun being small with that kind of logic.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:15 PM
TECH Junkie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(because I know Ben)

-Mike
Old 05-11-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Junkie

What I'm saying is pretty common knowledge to anybody to knows anything. I'm not sure where you're getting your info from but it sounds like a trainer at a local gym whose arms are the same size as his wrists.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What I'm saying is pretty common knowledge to anybody to knows anything. I'm not sure where you're getting your info from but it sounds like a trainer at a local gym whose arms are the same size as his wrists.
Thats exactly where I got it from
Old 05-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Banned

Go Cowboys
Old 05-11-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
Go Cowboys
Ahhh...the team that hasn't done **** since the 90's and half of them were coked up at the time.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Ahhh...the team that hasn't done **** since the 90's and half of them were coked up at the time.
Coke isnt a PED. Steriods are. Texans lose.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Coke isnt a PED. Steriods are. Texans lose.
Awesome, dude.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

thread just got good.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Pimp

Hell yeah.. Ben lets call russia and see what they think..
Old 05-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Awesome, dude.
Ha ha ha!

Old 05-11-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ha ha ha!
that's my boy... caught td passes from him in HS... James is a great guy... he is an inspiration to many folks!

Last edited by Noah Burns; 05-11-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

and as an outsider on the science behind lifting... I have done both high reps (10-12) reasonable weight ( no real gains ) and recently started back in to lifting after rotator cuff repair and am taking the high weight low rep approach and seeing much better, much quicker results. Density of the muscle is the most impressive thing at this point.