LMR's Rear Mount Turbo Camaro Dyno Vid!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010 | 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Something to think of Boost Logic is the builder like Duy and I said, but the brains behind the operation is Tuning Concepts who over the years has racked up more records at points in time than anyone on this forum. He was setting records before anyone at LMR/G-Force/etc.. was working on cars.

My last comment about the money wins whos going to be the fastest isn't about Boost Logic... It's about the new record holders and that would be Underground Racing and I DOUBT that you will touch anything they have built, no offense. They HAVE made ~1800rwhp in a STREET car with A/C, Powersteering, etc.. Here is the funny thing, the owner of it lives in Austin also.... You all just have done it on paper, same with every LS1 person. Hell they went 250mph with an E-Gear Lambo that makes a little less than 1600rwhp. Like I said before when it comes to the mile, you are competing against people with budgets that rival your whole customer base combined... This is the same reason why I just do what I can in the Porsche world because I don't have the big dollars to build a 3.8ltr with a lot larger turbos and make 1300+rwhp.

Always remember this, the person with the most money will almost always win the race, lawsuit, etc...

Anyway I'll see you all Tuesday at Freebirds at 1pm. Hope to see the 1000rwhp 2010 Camaro out there... Also can you bring me 10 gallons of MS109 or I'll just come to the shop after (if I have time) to top the tank off. Pump gas is just boring... I'll be the first Boost Logic car to step up to the plate and play the underdog, but I'm going to try to bring a few tricks up my sleeve!
Not trying to get into this pissing match, much respect to all these shops. But Underground dosent build **** expect for put the cars together.. ALL of there motors are built at Pro Line Race Engines with Eric Dillard and Steve Petty behind the tuning.

-Rob
Old 06-01-2010 | 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rob Valden
Not trying to get into this pissing match, much respect to all these shops. But Underground dosent build **** expect for put the cars together.. ALL of there motors are built at Pro Line Race Engines with Eric Dillard and Steve Petty behind the tuning.

-Rob
i thought we were talking about boostlogic??

they have off the shelf turbo kits for various cars, built trannies, th400 conversions, built motors, etc..

u can order an 8 second set-up right off the shelf!!!
Old 06-01-2010 | 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rob Valden

-Rob
Since when did Eric Dillard and Steve Petty start doing the tuning? Last person I knew doing the tunning was John Reed. Unless then have recently changed, I do know they tried to hire Justin N. to tune but he wasnt intrested. The Lambo's dont even run BS3 or Fast, They run a Motec on the 1500rwhp cars and a AEM on the cars that make less. Also Underground did build the turbo kits so they didnt just put the cars together. They do the same as LMR they out source the motor.
Old 06-02-2010 | 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NVR4GET
Since when did Eric Dillard and Steve Petty start doing the tuning? Last person I knew doing the tunning was John Reed. Unless then have recently changed, I do know they tried to hire Justin N. to tune but he wasnt intrested. The Lambo's dont even run BS3 or Fast, They run a Motec on the 1500rwhp cars and a AEM on the cars that make less. Also Underground did build the turbo kits so they didnt just put the cars together. They do the same as LMR they out source the motor.

No doubt they out source there stuff, building there turbo kits they might do now, but I know some of the original stuff was out sourceds as well. A badass company none the less, but there motor specs and combos were put together by Proline. As for as fuel mangement systems im not quite sure, but I know a handful of them are tuned or worked on by Dillard and Petty. Dillard was flown to the Texas Mile this year in one of the record setting cars in the owners personal lier jet. I could be wrong, but pretty confident.
Old 06-02-2010 | 07:55 PM
Launching!

how much for that setup wormboy??
Old 06-04-2010 | 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am pretty sure I saw this car run at the track with an 88mm.. Like a year ago..

114mph in the 8th or something like that, and some low 10s...on drag radials.

He kinda got an attitude when another guy there with a mustang told him he was going 116mph in the 8th, with less boost and a 76mm turbo...

Quick Reply: LMR's Rear Mount Turbo Camaro Dyno Vid!!