Can't have anything nice...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't have anything nice...

So last night after a long and crappy day at work, I met my girlfriend and her friend at tailgators on 242 for dinner and some beers. I came out and hopped in my vette only to have the manager chase me down and inform me that someone had been seen backing into my vette and then hauling ***. I get out and the passenger side rear part of my bumper had some nice black paint transfer and had cracked the fiberglass in multiple spots......and wouldn't you know, nobody got a license plate.

Just had to rant because this is the third time in 5 years somebody has pulled that hit and run **** on me and I intentionally park away from everybody to avoid the scrapes and dings. It really bugs me people can't man up and take responsibility for messing up other peoples ****.

Sorry for the rant but I had to vent somewhere.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

damn that sucks, i hate douche bags like that.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Been there. Walked out to find someone nailed the front of my car and drove off. They're downfall is it broke their license plate bracket and fell off. The next day I decide to walk the parking lot hoping to see if it was a co-workers car, to my luck an SUV with the same plate was parked there. Turned out to the be girl at work who tried to deny the whole thing even with me having witnesses to her plate being at the scene of the accident. I was furious!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:05 AM
TECH Regular

Damn man, nothing pisses me off worse then that ****. Let me tell you what happened to me. My wife had her PT Cruiser parked on the street at our house and we had left in my car one night for dinner and drinks. We returned home to find damn near the whole driver side of the car bashed in! It looked like someone backed into it the way the damage was but there is no driveway to the side of the car the way it was parked. I went and asked neighbors if anyone had pulled out of there driveways earlier that night and of course they all said no. Her car was damn near totaled (the doors wouldn't even open). I got it fixed with insurance and the total cost was around $5,000. People have no respect for other people's property.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

You should install the in-car camara system with a motion detector.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

ive had 2 people bump into my car within the year, and of course no one takes reponsibility. luckily it was only a bit of paint and a small scratch, nothing too big. pisses me off nevertheless
Old 07-10-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^For sure.

It would be so easy to mount a couple of cameras in a car. All you need is a big hard drive and back up camaras off of tahoe or something. Seriously, once i have a baller car one day i plan on doing that. I would love to see the dumb asses face when i show up at his/her front door.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Happened to me once. The culprit didnt know I knew. He found out its not nice when he saw his truck.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had someone rearend my prego wife on the road and as she turns to pull in a parking lot they take off and she can't keep up. A year later almost to the day shes at the bank and theres only one other car in the parking lot right next to her car and she comes out after only being inside for 5 minutes and the driverside of the car is all smashed where someone in there big tank of a car backed up and took out the car. The bank had the persons name of who just cashed the check of the person in the car, gave it to the cops and they went to there work and they lied about even hitting a car or being there. Bunch of BS that is.. So yeah, nothing happened to them.. I'll shoot the next motherfuxker who hits me, so they can't leave...
Old 07-10-2010, 04:21 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Tex7387
So last night after a long and crappy day at work, I met my girlfriend and her friend at tailgators on 242 for dinner and some beers. I came out and hopped in my vette only to have the manager chase me down and inform me that someone had been seen backing into my vette and then hauling ***. I get out and the passenger side rear part of my bumper had some nice black paint transfer and had cracked the fiberglass in multiple spots......and wouldn't you know, nobody got a license plate.

Just had to rant because this is the third time in 5 years somebody has pulled that hit and run **** on me and I intentionally park away from everybody to avoid the scrapes and dings. It really bugs me people can't man up and take responsibility for messing up other peoples ****.

Sorry for the rant but I had to vent somewhere.
That sucks, I had a similar experience last night too, and we were just down the road from you!

I went out with a bunch of girls last night and we all piled into one of their cars, some VW Jetta. We went to Crush by the Woodlands Mall, and parked in the paid parking there. We came back to the car in about an hour and somone had smashed the rear drivers side window to get into the trunk of the car. I guess they were expecting to find the girls' purses or something, but they didn't take anything. No one saw anything (including the police patrolman), the parking attendant had already left, and no security cameras. Oh, and there was a nice little sign saying "not responsible for damage to vehicles".
Old 07-10-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is my friends car, some jealous guy at Kroger or something put their foot in the door.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
This is my friends car, some jealous guy at Kroger or something put their foot in the door.

if i saw them do that they would get chained to the back of the car and drug behind it
Old 07-10-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NOTAV6
if i saw them do that they would get chained to the back of the car and drug behind it
No **** dude, I would beat the living **** out of anyone that did that to my car. I busted out the window of a truck one time because they were throwing stuff at my car.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
No **** dude, I would beat the living **** out of anyone that did that to my car. I busted out the window of a truck one time because they were throwing stuff at my car.
ive done worse than that. when some punks threw a beer bottle at my ss.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KCS
That sucks, I had a similar experience last night too, and we were just down the road from you!

I went out with a bunch of girls last night and we all piled into one of their cars, some VW Jetta. We went to Crush by the Woodlands Mall, and parked in the paid parking there. We came back to the car in about an hour and somone had smashed the rear drivers side window to get into the trunk of the car. I guess they were expecting to find the girls' purses or something, but they didn't take anything. No one saw anything (including the police patrolman), the parking attendant had already left, and no security cameras. Oh, and there was a nice little sign saying "not responsible for damage to vehicles".
dang man, where did ya'll park at? in one of the garages?
Old 07-11-2010, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

this is why i don't drive my car anywhere that i won't be able to keep my eye on it... otherwise it just sits in the garage... sucks for you guys that have to daily a nice car, time to pick up a beater haha
Old 07-11-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont have a vette but it drives me nuts when people do this ****.

I always park my car away from other cars, sometimes hundreds of feet, and sure as **** when i come out of wherever i am, there is someone parked next to me. It never fails
Old 07-11-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I never let people drive my car, but my moms **** was broke and i was working on it so i let her take mine, the one ******* day i let someone borrow it. She comes home and theres scratches all down the driver side door, she never even noticed. I flipped out, im like WTF ARE YOU BLIND!?!?!?!? she refused to even bring it up at her work even though the scratches are at the perfect hight of the front bumper of their work trucks.

I went in there and raised hell myself, they didnt do a damn thing.

Im really starting to wonder wtf is wrong with people, theres no honesty, no integrity at all. Seems like its every man/woman for themselves, like a nation divided all over again.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
Im really starting to wonder wtf is wrong with people, theres no honesty, no integrity at all. Seems like its every man/woman for themselves, like a nation divided all over again.
Yea the best part is some ******** got into the vette about a month and a half ago at my girlfriend appartments and stole my damn sun glasses. I had my hands full of my girlfriends groceries and couldn't hit the lock button so after we got all of the groceries in and put up I come out and some guy comes down and asks if its my car and if I was just in it because he saw some guys getting into several cars including mine and he called the cops.

I was like WTF you couldn't step out and attempt to stop them? This after he was talking about they better be glad they didn't get into his car because he would "bust a cap in thier ***". Its like you had a gun and you coldn't step out and stop some punks from stealing some **** because your stuff wasn't affected?

Originally Posted by neutron82
this is why i don't drive my car anywhere that i won't be able to keep my eye on it... otherwise it just sits in the garage... sucks for you guys that have to daily a nice car, time to pick up a beater haha
I don't daily the vette, I have a beater, its just like anytime I bring out my car ******** seem to find it.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Regular

I drove a POS 91 z to work for years. I came to my car to find someone had parked there POS nose to nose w my car, so i kicked in the head lights and left a note saying "you might not like your car but i like mine ect...". It would have been fine and i would have never known if they had backed up 2 inches, i was pissed.