RCC Twin Turbo Build Update!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:27 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairracer
with all that exhaust wrap are you still running those clean *** square cut outs??

Im kinda thinking with the cutouts open the car would lose MAJOR power... Like 1000 hp or more.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCC
Its a bone stock TR6060. The big HP viper guys have had good luck with this trans. In all reality no transmission can be built to really handle that amount of power and when I decided to go this route I knew the trans was a weak link. Everything on the car has been built or added to handle the power except the trans so Im ok with having to get it rebuilt when it needs it.I believe anytime a car is built to make really big power you have to accept there is some expense in keeping it running. My expense will be in the transmissions.
did you at least put a pump on the tranny to keep the gears lubricated during acceleration?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:37 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ramairracer
with all that exhaust wrap are you still running those clean *** square cut outs??
Its a rear mount set up now, if I ran the cutouts in the location they used to be in it would result in zero boost.

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Im kinda thinking with the cutouts open the car would lose MAJOR power... Like 1000 hp or more.
Qouted for truth.

Originally Posted by TINKRD
did you at least put a pump on the tranny to keep the gears lubricated during acceleration?
The TR6060 I got already had one. Dont all the TR6060's have pumps on them?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCC
No clue, i haven't kept up w/ them.

once i get a good set of heads on the car and the boost goes up, i'll be slapping a pump on the T56.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RCC
Its a rear mount set up now, if I ran the cutouts in the location they used to be in it would result in zero boost.

Qouted for truth.

All the stock pump does is circulate the fluid to the cooler and back to the trans but can be modified to shoot the fluid between 4th & the cluster gear with a nozzle tapped into the case that I highly recommend be done in your case.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
right right i gues i had a brain fart not remembering it was a rear mount kit, but its just those cutouts were so clean

Quick Reply: RCC Twin Turbo Build Update!!