Problem with Neighbor's Boxer

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
our neighbor had a huge german shepard and he would do the same thing except he would let the mother ****** loose in the front yard and this dog would run right towards you teeth showing and growling and right before hed get to you the owner would yell at him and he would stop and just stand there and stare at you still growling the whole time. well one day me, my wife and our son were playing in front of the house putting up halloween decorationsand i saw this mother ****** come out of the garage well my son was sitting in my wifes lap as she saw him and went to get up you could see the dog was headed straight towards her and my son full speed well my i also happen to be standing next to my car which is where my .45 was sitting so i grabbed it ran out between my wife who was holding our son and the dog i fired off like 4 rounds into the ground and the dog was about 10 or 15 feet from me that dog turned and made the worst yelping sound ive ever heard. The neighbor comes out screaming at me cause at first i think he really thought i shot his dog then when he realized his dog was ok he was just pissed and tried to go report me to our neighbor who is a harris county sheriff, after he heard both sides he looked at the guy and said your lucky he didnt shoot his *** for running up on him like that on his property, then the cop promptly looked at the guy and said i would have shot his *** you luky he was nice enough to fire a warnign shot first. to this day that dog will not come towards my house and the owner doesnt let him run free like he did anymore.

maybe your neighbor and his dog need a warning shot to get their attention.
was this in city limits? and do you have a CCL?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Launching!

this happened in cypress
Old 09-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

our neighbor had a huge german shepard and he would do the same thing except he would let the mother ****** loose in the front yard and this dog would run right towards you teeth showing and growling and right before hed get to you the owner would yell at him and he would stop and just stand there and stare at you still growling the whole time. well one day me, my wife and our son were playing in front of the house putting up halloween decorationsand i saw this mother ****** come out of the garage well my son was sitting in my wifes lap as she saw him and went to get up you could see the dog was headed straight towards her and my son full speed well my i also happen to be standing next to my car which is where my .45 was sitting so i grabbed it ran out between my wife who was holding our son and the dog i fired off like 4 rounds into the ground and the dog was about 10 or 15 feet from me that dog turned and made the worst yelping sound ive ever heard. The neighbor comes out screaming at me cause at first i think he really thought i shot his dog then when he realized his dog was ok he was just pissed and tried to go report me to our neighbor who is a harris county sheriff, after he heard both sides he looked at the guy and said your lucky he didnt shoot his *** for running up on him like that on his property, then the cop promptly looked at the guy and said i would have shot his *** you luky he was nice enough to fire a warnign shot first. to this day that dog will not come towards my house and the owner doesnt let him run free like he did anymore.

This is how you should have gone about it OP!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

this happened in cypress
Wow crazy.

I didn't think you could discharge a firearm inside city limits, but I guess if your "threatened then you can eh?"
Old 09-21-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Domsz06
Wow crazy.

I didn't think you could discharge a firearm inside city limits, but I guess if your "threatened then you can eh?"
It wasn't really that he discharged a weapon, it was more that he discharged a weapon during self defense ( defending his family ). So the self defense superceeds the discharging of a weapon within city limits law.

And to strockerblackhawk, my hat is off to you for the quick reaction and also the restraint to stop the dog and not actually kill it, I don't think many would have any harsh feelings toward you for putting that f'er down for coming at your child and wife.

On a personal note when the owner came out you should have just shot him for terrorizing you and your family
Old 09-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Actually I just did yesterday something close and it worked the neighbor now has his boxer tied in the backyard

I have an old Colt .45 Peacemaker Replica. It looks, feels, and weights just like a real colt but if you look very closely inside the barrel there is a steel plug molded into the barrel. I went out to the backyard and started taking it apart and cleaning it while talking to my other neighbor how I was cleaning it cause I was tired of all the "pests" that were coming into my yard and asking him if he heard that my brother got cornered by the other neighbors dog. The dog owner's wife came out while I was cleaning it and talking with my neighbor. Then later in the evening my brother told me they had tied up the dog. So problem solved finally the dogs are tied and no more problems.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:20 PM
11 Second Club

good deal
Old 09-21-2010, 03:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by TrippyJoey
Actually I just did yesterday something close and it worked the neighbor now has his boxer tied in the backyard

I have an old Colt .45 Peacemaker Replica. It looks, feels, and weights just like a real colt but if you look very closely inside the barrel there is a steel plug molded into the barrel. I went out to the backyard and started taking it apart and cleaning it while talking to my other neighbor how I was cleaning it cause I was tired of all the "pests" that were coming into my yard and asking him if he heard that my brother got cornered by the other neighbors dog. The dog owner's wife came out while I was cleaning it and talking with my neighbor. Then later in the evening my brother told me they had tied up the dog. So problem solved finally the dogs are tied and no more problems.
LOL I bet she freaked out, got scared for the dog, went in and laid down the law on her husband! Sounds like he's a little bi!@ch!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
LOL I bet she freaked out, got scared for the dog, went in and laid down the law on her husband! Sounds like he's a little bi!@ch!
Yeah, and it's sad to know he is an Army reservist. He hid behind the door while his young nephew answered the door when my mother went over to complain to them the first time their dog came into our yard. Everytime the other neighbors get mad at him for something he hides behind his nephew or his wife. My brother says he doesnt' deserve to be called a soldier, that he is just a "soldadito de juguete" (little toy soldier)
Old 09-21-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dog attacking someone from my family or friends = DEAD DOG.

There is nothing wrong with killing something that wants to kill you. And since dogs can't talk I'll assume a dog trying to bit me wants me dead. I wouldn't take any chances, PITA can go nuts on that but it's legal and the right thing to do. Let them wait until a cute cuddly dog decides to make them dinner and see how they like it.

No matter what people say or think dogs are not people, so if a person is trying to kill you and you kill them in defense, why would you choose not to do so with a frickin dog that's not even yours?

OP I'm glad things are worked out but you should have killed that dog the first time it cornered your brother. There is no excuse for then letting a dog like that run around and attack people especially your family man. You're lucky that dog didn't decide to kill someone, you don't leave things like that to chance man.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by za355tx
Dog attacking someone from my family or friends = DEAD DOG.

There is nothing wrong with killing something that wants to kill you. And since dogs can't talk I'll assume a dog trying to bit me wants me dead. I wouldn't take any chances, PITA can go nuts on that but it's legal and the right thing to do. Let them wait until a cute cuddly dog decides to make them dinner and see how they like it.

No matter what people say or think dogs are not people, so if a person is trying to kill you and you kill them in defense, why would you choose not to do so with a frickin dog that's not even yours?

OP I'm glad things are worked out but you should have killed that dog the first time it cornered your brother. There is no excuse for then letting a dog like that run around and attack people especially your family man. You're lucky that dog didn't decide to kill someone, you don't leave things like that to chance man.
I wasn't there when it tried attacking my brother. At least the dog is kept under control now.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Call animal control, cops. If that doesnt work, wait till he gets out again throw him in the back of your car drive to next city dog pound and drop him off.. or just find a back road and drop him off..
Old 09-22-2010, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^ what happends when you dont read the whole thread.. lol

Glad to hear the dog is in his own yard for good!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
Glad to hear the dog is in his own yard for good!
Yep it's funny how ppl get the message when they see you outside cleaning a .45 revolver while talking to your neighbor how the "pests" are getting you annoyed.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

I tell you this thread had some cowards in it. To poison a dog is bullshit (not saying you would in this case) A lot of you keep referring to an attacking dog, but a dog barking and growling is just a show. I can/would see a need for lethal action if the dog actually inflicted some bodily harm. Not saying I would let the cornering of my little brother go, but a good kick to the rib cage etc would have stopped the dogs show. half of you guys need to grow some ***** and do something about it in person, not poison an animal that is only doing what it thinks is natural. If the neighbor is new to the area then the dog doesn't know where his yard is and your yard begins. My dogs stay inside the fence if I am not home, but when I am home I let them run the yard. They know where they can and can not go. My neighbor has chickens that they love to chase (caught and killed a few) and the chain link fence between his and my yard has holes in it big enough for the dogs to fit through and they will be in a full sprint trying to catch chickens and when they reach the fence they will stop dead in their tracks. But it takes an owner that is willing to teach them this esp if the dog is in new territory.

BTW you can come borrow this Great Pyrenees if you wanna teach the dog a lesson. I don't care what kind of dog is giving you a problem it has sent multiple animals to the vet including pits, german sheperds, rots, that came into the yard. It thought it was protecting the "herd"
Old 09-22-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe the dog didn't speak spanish, try speaking english to it.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Bullets do work.....if a dog had a family member cornered. Dog = dead. It's that simple. No bullets.....then I'm stabbing that dog.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:28 PM
t-1
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

nvrmnd just read that problem has been solved. good job!

Last edited by t-1; 09-22-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
It wasn't really that he discharged a weapon, it was more that he discharged a weapon during self defense ( defending his family ). So the self defense superceeds the discharging of a weapon within city limits law.

And to strockerblackhawk, my hat is off to you for the quick reaction and also the restraint to stop the dog and not actually kill it, I don't think many would have any harsh feelings toward you for putting that f'er down for coming at your child and wife.

On a personal note when the owner came out you should have just shot him for terrorizing you and your family
lol yea that guy was a d-bag but i think there house got repossessed anyway, and i love dogs so i really didnt want to kill it just scare the **** out of it. lolol

and to the op glad you got your neighbor in check, and **** you scared them without having to fire a shot.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jgh64pkup
this is a great idea
they cant say you did anything either
my dad got tired of all the neighborhood cats shitting in his truck
so he took a bowl full of cat food every night and put rat poison in it
worked great
You and your dad both sound like pussies.