Old 09-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why is that
Old 09-23-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GreenS-10
I tell you this thread had some cowards in it. To poison a dog is bullshit (not saying you would in this case) A lot of you keep referring to an attacking dog, but a dog barking and growling is just a show. I can/would see a need for lethal action if the dog actually inflicted some bodily harm. Not saying I would let the cornering of my little brother go, but a good kick to the rib cage etc would have stopped the dogs show. half of you guys need to grow some ***** and do something about it in person, not poison an animal that is only doing what it thinks is natural. If the neighbor is new to the area then the dog doesn't know where his yard is and your yard begins. My dogs stay inside the fence if I am not home, but when I am home I let them run the yard. They know where they can and can not go. My neighbor has chickens that they love to chase (caught and killed a few) and the chain link fence between his and my yard has holes in it big enough for the dogs to fit through and they will be in a full sprint trying to catch chickens and when they reach the fence they will stop dead in their tracks. But it takes an owner that is willing to teach them this esp if the dog is in new territory.

BTW you can come borrow this Great Pyrenees if you wanna teach the dog a lesson. I don't care what kind of dog is giving you a problem it has sent multiple animals to the vet including pits, german sheperds, rots, that came into the yard. It thought it was protecting the "herd"

How the hell do you know a dog barking and growling is not a threat? You don't know what's going through the dogs mind. Why would you even take that chance? That's just plain stupid. Oh and I'd like to see you try and kick a full grown boxer in the ribs and see how long it takes you to pull your foot out of it's mouth. You must not know much about dogs to think kicking it in the ribs is a good idea, lol.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GreenS-10

BTW you can come borrow this Great Pyrenees if you wanna teach the dog a lesson. I don't care what kind of dog is giving you a problem it has sent multiple animals to the vet including pits, german sheperds, rots, that came into the yard. It thought it was protecting the "herd"
reminds me when my golden was attacked by a doberman and whipped its ***

Originally Posted by za355tx
How the hell do you know a dog barking and growling is not a threat? You don't know what's going through the dogs mind. Why would you even take that chance? That's just plain stupid. Oh and I'd like to see you try and kick a full grown boxer in the ribs and see how long it takes you to pull your foot out of it's mouth. You must not know much about dogs to think kicking it in the ribs is a good idea, lol.
if that dog wanted to get him, he would have gotten him. it does not sound like this dog is aggressive, just curious. chances are he was just being playful. my boxer/pointer mix like to escape and sniff around. if she sees a person she'll run up to them, bark alot, then back off. and if youre really concerned about safety, use pepperspray next time he runs into your yard. spray him in the nose, and i can almost guarantee you it wont happen again
Old 09-23-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Antifreeze the ****** and be done with it. Once he's on your property his *** is fair game.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
Antifreeze the ****** and be done with it. Once he's on your property his *** is fair game.
Exactly what I'm getting at. Except I'd shoot it and be done with it. There's no way I'm taking a chance and hoping the dog was..."playing". That's just ignorant.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Exactly what I'm getting at. Except I'd shoot it and be done with it. There's no way I'm taking a chance and hoping the dog was..."playing". That's just ignorant.
killing animals because you dont know what their intentions are is just ignorant. like i said before, if the dog wanted to attack him, he would have. also, it is a crime to kill an animal that wanders onto your property. there was a case a while back when someones dog got into some guys backyard and the guy killed it with a sledgehammer, and was charged. unless the dog poses immediate threat, it is unlawful to kill it.

and yes, it is lawful to use pepper *****, mace, or any other means of non-lethal defense against a dog if you suspect he's up to no good
Old 09-24-2010, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Daniel has a Boxer so I think he knows the breed.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Teching In

Glad its resolved. Myself, if you dog is yapping all the time, you would have had me at your door, and then the law if that didnt work. Also, the boxer owner should have been more responsible for his dog. When it comes down to it, the dogs behavior is a reflection on the owner. It seems most dog owners just say "I have a dog", but they are just something that sits in the back yard with very little attention.
I have a boxer/pit mix and would never let the dog just sit and bark for no reason or EVER venture into anyone elses yard.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:56 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Personally, i have a Browning 22 loaded with rat shot for any "dog" issues. If that does not deter the dog after 3 separate occasions, then the Mosberg will.

The rat shot usually works.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
My pit loves to chase a squirrel that runs the fenceline in my backyard. He barks continuously at the squirrell unless I make him stop. Which doesn't go on for more than a minute or two. If someone antifreezes him, ******* cancel Christmas. Yes, there are probably 1,000s of humans who aren't worth my dog's life.

Well, first, because you understand how a dog behaves. And you are supposedly smarter than the dog, so you can know what he's thinking. Second, if you kick a full grown boxer in the ribs, as hard as you can, and it doesn't flinch, youre a *****. Pretty plain and simple.

The dog the OP is talking about sounds like he needs attention and training. Its a shame because boxers are a great breed of dog. Looks like the owner of the dog needs a blanket party. I don't want to hurt animals, but aggressively cornering a family member, or myself = dead dog.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

This point is mute since the problem has been solved.

I wouldn't suggest doing that to some breeds but in a medium build dog, you could inflict a lot of damage. But I wouldn't expect that logic from someone that would poison a dog.

Nope, don't know boxers.