Lets say I wrecked my 70 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it set up on the dash like I said I was going to do from now on yesterday
Old 10-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Just make sure you currently have 'Uninsured Motorist' coverage ("U") with State Farm. It is the best value coverage you can get, because it's cheap & covers the other guy at fault when he either has NO insurance or doesn't have enough. You will still have to argue values, but prior posts regarding receipts etc. apply. Just think about the 'stupid' drivers out there and the much higher percentage of them that have no insurance. Having "U" coverage is like having "collision" coverage for half of the population most likely to cause an accident.
- Griff
Old 10-04-2010, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
So if I give them an a $7,000 paint and body receipt and $4000 wheel and tire receipt I should be good?
Sounds like insurance fraud to me seeing as how you already said on here that you spent much less than that on the bodywork/paint, just saying...
Old 10-04-2010, 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

But if it's not my fault it shouldn't matter right?

And no I don't drive like an ***, in fact I drive pretty easy so I don't attract attention from the cops with my loud *** car. People just love pulling out in front of me, doesn't make any sense. I am going to put a camera in my car just to show you guys the amount of near misses I get into every few days.

It's maybe once about every other day to where it is close enough to get my heart racing, but usually I have to deal with something minor once to twice a day.

Friday night I was going to the football game going over the bridge and the bridge curves a little. Well some jackass didn't follow the curve and came all the way into my lane so once again I am locking them up. Luckily I was in the T/A which has amazing brakes.

I have only been in one accident, I was switching lanes and at the same time a big rig was switching lanes and speeding, we met in the middle basically, just a minor fender bender. 5 out of my 6 tickets were from BS, only one was a speeding ticket because I forgot about the school zone.

I drive within the speed limit, I am too paranoid to speed. Everyone thinks it's funny that the kid with the fastest cars at school drives so slow.

Yes if they have insurance and it was not your fault you will get blue book for your car. What I was saying is that if you care about the car, you should insure it for more, IMO. I mean is that car only really worth 17k? what's it gonna take to find another one and fix it up?

My other point and other have made it is you have been driving for 2 years. and you have little experience compared to others. So it could be the way you are driving, or not paying attention or something. I'm not trying to place blame, just saying from experience. When I got my permit I would drive like I owned the road, and there were several times that I almost wrecked due to lack of attention. If it had not been for my parents in the side, it would have happened. I learned to scan and predict.

The other point I was making like others is here in TX esp they have gone to a lot of both at fault. If it gets a 50/50 at fault then you only are gonna get 8k for a totalled car since you only have liability. Also, if you have a lot of tickets, the officer is gonna see that and he may just slap it with all your fault. Once that happens to get it dropped or changed you have to go to court, hire a expert to recreat the accident, etc etc and then it gets expensive.

again not trying to place blame or anything, just saying from experience.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know what y'all are getting at and it's cool. A kid with a somewhat fast car, no experience etc it's bound to happen. If it's my fault, I'll take the blame and live with it. I just want to make sure I am covered if it isn't my fault. I don't want to get screwed out of all the money I worked for because of someone else.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

how do you have your car registered? i have my 63 Impala registered as an antique so i have antique insurance on it. i am only "supposed" to drive it to have maintenance done or to car shows or parades but i drive it more frequently than that, but my coverage on it being registered as an antique is just like having full coverage.

keep yourself covered, no reason you shouldnt spend a few extra dollars a month to make sure you will be reimbursed for damages IF something does happen.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

fyi I wouldn't get a plate like you want. Cops take personlized plates to heart when you get pulled over. I had one that said OUTRNU, yeah I went to jail for that speeding ticket....

Last plate I ever had.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
Sounds like insurance fraud to me seeing as how you already said on here that you spent much less than that on the bodywork/paint, just saying...
Im sure he was referencing this:

Originally Posted by Morpheus
That's really good for a $1000. How are you getting it that cheap? I'd like to get my '78 repainted if it's that cheap and looks that good.

I work there, really all the money I saved was on bodywork. A standard repaint is about $600 plus whatever bodywork you need.

Some more pics I took Friday.

I dont see where it says it was this much or how this would be $7000

Last edited by triche; 10-05-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Just remember there are a ton of people out there that don't pay enough attention. Judging by all the near misses you claim you have I would guess you are an aggressive driver. If you learn to read other people on the road and drive defensively I'd bet your daily drive will be a lot less dramatic.
Don't get me wrong - I lost my license 7 times in my first 7 years of driving, all due to speeding tickets, so I know how it is.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Millions of people manage to drive thousands of miles daily without a hiccup, yet you cant go single day without some sort or near miss or collision. Yet we are suppose to it is everyone elses fault? Ever here about the boy who cried wolf? I could probably count the number of near misses i have had this year on one hand, and I drive in a lot of different cities from San Diego to Atlanta. You are definitely the problem and probably deserve every rock that gets thrown your way.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

99% of insurance companies have a cap on aftermarket coverage even if you are hit. So if you want them to cover more than say 1500 you have to pay more a month to raise the coverage. For example, my truck was broken into, and they stole 2500 bucks worth of stuff. Of course I paid about 1700 b/c I installed it myself and purchased it wholesale. Once I proved it was installed correctly the cap for aftermaket was at 1500 bucks. If I wanted more coverage, it would raise my premium.

Even if you had a 7k paint job, you will not get that. They consider the value of the car with some leway and that's it. Same goes for the wheels and tires. As for NADA value (always high) they have their own appraisers. They do not follow KBB and NADA. You can fight it all you want, but believe me, their lawyers make alot more money than your's do, and they are kingpins at digging up fraud. Which in this case they'll find out you work at a body shop and the receipt was forged.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also with liability, if you get hit and they don't have insurance you're screwed. Which happens alot in Texas.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright well when I get some more footage later I will load it up and show y'all it's not my fault. This morning not even 5 minutes from the house some lady started crossing into my lane and I had to get one the brakes pretty hard to avoid her. Apparently to y'all that was my fault though.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you need to move to a different area, the people around you don't know how to drive. And here I though the drivers in my area were bad....
Old 10-04-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
I think you need to move to a different area, the people around you don't know how to drive. And here I though the drivers in my area were bad....
I wish I could move. I think what is happening is that people can't see over those construction barriers they have so the inch out to see, but oh wait that makes me a bad driver.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

If you don't like the responses don't post a public website, quit crying and deal with it.

fact is the accident was avoided so it doesn't matter what "would've happened"
Old 10-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 92maro
does anyone else find it a bit suspicious how a kid this immature supposedly owns and pays for all the cars he is always talking about and pays for everything out his own pocket?

Id gladly eat crow when i see title in your name and or a W2 form.
I have to agree with this... I want to see pics of the damage to the car
Old 10-04-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
If you don't like the responses don't post a public website, quit crying and deal with it.

fact is the accident was avoided so it doesn't matter what "would've happened"
It's not that, I figured I could ask a simple "what if'" question without everyone crying about how I don't deserve my cars. Oh wow, I made $30,000 in 3 years, Jesus I must be selling drugs and pimping hoes.

I was wondering what I could do to save my car if someone happened that wasn't my fault and y'all managed to **** it up yet again.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

It's not that, I figured I could ask a simple "what if'" question without everyone crying about how I don't deserve my cars. Oh wow, I made $30,000 in 3 years, Jesus I must be selling drugs and pimping hoes.

I was wondering what I could do to save my car if someone happened that wasn't my fault and y'all managed to **** it up yet again.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
That wasn't directed at you man, just saying in general.

Apparently working hard for my stuff makes me a bad person. Thanks guys, very touching. Sorry I spent my time trying to make a living for myself instead of jacking it in my room every day, should have known better.

Quick Reply: Lets say I wrecked my 70 Camaro