Texas Rangers

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Ouch, cliff lee was off......to much rest maybe?? Man this is gonna be a gritty 6-7 game series.
I was thinking the same thing, but who knows. It was very uncharacteristic of him.

But we lost the first game of the last series!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Give credit to the scrappy Giants, they know how to win and how to beat the best pitching staff in the game. They tore thru Philly like they were nothing and the Rangers are now in site. Down goes Lee, lets see what Wilson does against Cain, the man with a 0.00 ERA in the post season.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Give credit to the scrappy Giants, they know how to win and how to beat the best pitching staff in the game. They tore thru Philly like they were nothing and the Rangers are now in site. Down goes Lee, lets see what Wilson does against Cain, the man with a 0.00 ERA in the post season.
Im not denying the giants have talent and earned the game last night, they also remind me alot of the rangers. But cliff didn't have his command at all...alot of Lee's pitches where way off esp comparing it to when he looks like a machine just getting the edges of a strike zone and fooling batters. Hopefully the guys come back to texas with a 1-1 split and all will be forgotten. The NL home field rules are effecting Texas. Vlade having to play right field is a weakness and its almost as if they should start murphy to fill that void and just let vlad start back in arlington.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 AM
TECH Resident

Im not denying the giants have talent and earned the game last night, they also remind me alot of the rangers. But cliff didn't have his command at all...alot of Lee's pitches where way off esp comparing it to when he looks like a machine just getting the edges of a strike zone and fooling batters. Hopefully the guys come back to texas with a 1-1 split and all will be forgotten. The NL home field rules are effecting Texas. Vlade having to play right field is a weakness and its almost as if they should start murphy to fill that void and just let vlad start back in arlington.
I agree with sitting Vlad. It took him FOREVER to get to the *****. The Giants hit to all the tough spots in that ballpark, while we hit it straight to the fielders.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

When Lee is on he is tough. Last night his pitches were drifting over the plate, it will be a different story next time he pitches. Just overall a bad night. However Lee did have a double so not all was lost. Got to have it tonight or the end could be near
Old 10-28-2010, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
When Lee is on he is tough. Last night his pitches were drifting over the plate, it will be a different story next time he pitches. Just overall a bad night. However Lee did have a double so not all was lost. Got to have it tonight or the end could be near
True, but gotta remember the road they faced to get here. A 96+ win Tampa bay team. They stole all the away games from Tampa and dropped the 2 home games. Faced a veteran Yankees team that stole the game 1 and came back and rofl stomped them Xcept 4 game 5. I think the team is humble enough to recover from this only time will tell and for tonight W00t!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Missed opportunities in the early innings cost us. Twice we had a guy on third but couldn't get him home, and we had the bases loaded with 1 out, but hit into a DP.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Can't believe what I was witnessing last night. I had a bad feeling in the 5th when we had runners on 3rd/2nd and cruz went up to bat with 1 out. Have to take advantages when you have them. Not looking good, esp if they drop another at home.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Resident

All I'm thinking right now....is 06 Mavs
Old 10-29-2010, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

To be honest if the Rangers do loose out in the WS i will say good year for them. they have tons of young tallent and will be back. I doubt Lee will sytay with them but who knows. CJ will be a top notch pitcher for them next year and you will have the supporting bats of Hamilton, Cruz, and Andrus to back them up all year long.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

Glad we bounced back. I feel like we can't drop one at home or its all over.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Glad we bounced back. I feel like we can't drop one at home or its all over.
i agree...

and now that they have that win, i am going with Ranger will take the next 4 games. Winning on the road has what they have been good at the let couple months.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
i agree...

and now that they have that win, i am going with Ranger will take the next 4 games. Winning on the road has what they have been good at the let couple months.
Lets hope man, the giants are in the ws for a reason. If they are truely the better team they can do it. But if the giants are better they will come back and win two. My only problem with the national league is the fact that homefield decides there rules (the pitcher batting). Its not like the nfl / hockey / or nba changes there rules depending on the field you play on.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Im no rocket science but **** man every power hitter in texas lineup is swinging at every damn ball. Make lincecum throw strikes cause half the **** he is throwing is not in the strike zone.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

wow............why not walk and pitch to one of the lest threats in the giants order........even the commentators where mentioning this.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

and did I mention, DAMN!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

Sucks, hope they can sign lee and make another post season run. I really felt like the giants dominated in all aspects and the scores show it. What I didn't like was the fact that they swung at every damn breaking ball and got behind the count almost the whole series.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sucks, hope they can sign lee and make another post season run. I really felt like the giants dominated in all aspects and the scores show it. What I didn't like was the fact that they swung at every damn breaking ball and got behind the count almost the whole series.
fully agree on everything...the ranger bats died in that series. and the gaints pitching was completely amazing.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
the ranger bats died in that series. and the gaints pitching was completely amazing.
Think about that.

Pitching wins ball games.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Hate to say it but that was the best chance the Rangers had to win. Now with the season over so are the services fom Cliff Lee. He will go where the money is and will end up fizzling out up there.